Apex October 2024 - November 2024

Cayman1

Does anyone know what is going on with Apex in October and November of 2024? The last cruise you can book in November is October 12th, and the other sailings are not listed until November 30th. Dry dock already?

Thank you.

24 minutes ago, Cayman1 said:

Does anyone know what is going on with Apex in October and November of 2024? The last cruise you can book in November is October 12th, and the other sailings are not listed until November 30th. Dry dock already?

Thank you.

Maybe , it set sail April 2020 , so that would be 4.5 years , it could be the best time for the 5 year inspection 🤔

I guess the timing would be about right. Also, the amount of time that is missing is roughly 3-4 weeks, and it is currently oversees doing itineraries, so makes sense to dry dock before coming back to the states, being all the shipyards are over there.

I wonder if anyone can confirm this.

2 hours ago, nikel said:

It does not make sense since this is the timeframe for the Transatlantic from Southampton to Ft Lauderdale

I am booked on that cruise and would be so unhappy should it be canceled.

I am showing November 3rd as a 13 day Transatlantic back to Lauderdale, then November 16th a 7 day and November 23rd a 7 day... but none of these are on Celebrity's site, or any other site to book. I find it hard to believe that these 3 cruises, in a row, are sold out over a year and a half out.

26 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

I just spoke with Celebrity and was assured that nothing has changed. I was told that it should be back in a few days.  I spoke with Israel there.

So the missing sailings should return on their website?

1 hour ago, Cayman1 said:

So the missing sailings should return on their website?

That is certainly what Israel led me to believe. Hopefully it will return within a few days.  He said that he is still able to book on that sailing and he checked with others there.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

The kiss of death!

I’m scared that you might be right!…..but this ship does need to get back to FL for the next cruises!

Edited by Ellaleah
Forgot to mention
  • Like 1

Just now, nikel said:

Or being chartered out .........

Yes, that is one possible outcome from the kiss of death words, "nothing has changed".

In all seriousness, I hope everything is ok and that nothing has changed.  Over the years, I have read about cruise cancellations that were often (but not always) preceded by a Celebrity phone rep saying that there is nothing to worry about and that everything is good.  Usually that is because the phone reps don't get the fast breaking information that often pop up on these boards.  

E Class ships are large capacity..Have any of them had  a full charter? 

We are booked for March 2025...5 day KW..Gr Cayman...Sunset Veranda.  Would hate to have it cancelled...!

1 minute ago, Cayman1 said:

Keep in mind, this is 4 sailings in a row, covering October 23rd - November 30th. I don't see that being a charter, but maybe I am wrong.

The October 23 Apex cruise is appearing again on the Celebrity website.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kjc852 said:

The October 23 Apex cruise is appearing again on the Celebrity website.

Well that is a good sign. Now maybe the other 3 will pop up soon! 

I am booked on the November 3, 2024 and I was unaware that there were 2 more.  I called Celebrity again today and the poor guy(Roy), of course, had no idea why the cruise wasn’t appearing.  He ended up, after checking with others, stating that they must be doing maintenance.  This is pretty much my first with Celebrity.  To any of you who might have more experience with them, have you ever encountered anything similar in the past?

Yep, happens periodically majority of the time they reappear in a week or so.  Occasionally they disappear if a potential charter is being negotiated.  That can take weeks or even a couple of months.   When there is a signed and deposited contract for a charter then, and only then will the customer service reps, TAs and customers notified.  

We had a cruise disappear for almost 2 months, lots of rumors on social media and a number of folks cancelled. It was a itinerary that is only done a couple of times a season. It reappeared one day, the prices were higher and many regretted the decision to cancel.  

14 minutes ago, jelayne said:

It reappeared one day, the prices were higher and many regretted the decision to cancel.  

This makes me wonder if this is the reason it was in the "revenue department".