Complaint about Blu

OnTheJourney

44 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

Right, this is up to the passengers, not Celebrity. The assumption that people would not queue early if they did not open early is and assumption, and IMO, not likely to be true. But at the end of the day, there is no way to know. It's just a debate on if people queued early, and potentially blocked the hallway - is the staff better off seating them and starting drinks, even if bread and dinner service isn't ready quite yet. Or allow them to wait and have a large crowd seated all at the same time with servers running themselves ragged getting drinks served to everyone. I think that either way, someone will complain. 

Right.  Blu opening early was a reaction to people queuing early, people didn’t queue early because Blu was open.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/24/2023 at 1:53 PM, Mark_K said:

Right.  Blu opening early was a reaction to people queuing early, people didn’t queue early because Blu was open.

That is the logical conclusion.  Just as the OP was willing to go early for the 5:30 opening and not for the 5:00 opening.  much ado about nothing

15 hours ago, ScubesDad said:

Just as the OP was willing to go early for the 5:30 opening and not for the 5:00 opening

ONLY because I felt forced to if having any chance at a window seat and/or simply figuring that it'd only be more crowded if we got down there by like 5:25 as we typically did the first time. It was just...different this time....last time NO problems, NO lines, always a window seat. As someone posted earlier, maybe this particular cruise had alot of people who like to eat as early as possible. So many things changed since covid as to how the ship does or does not cater to cruisers in various respects. Understaffing is undoubtedly an issue relative to how things operate compared to pre-pandemic. 

On 5/24/2023 at 1:53 PM, Mark_K said:

people didn’t queue early because Blu was open.

Let me rephrase your response since I absolutely believe it to be true....people are queueing (earlier and earlier I suspect) because Blu was WILLING to open considerably before the stated opening time. I still contend that had they stuck to the 5:30 time, you'd not have had people gathering by 4:45 already. If for no other reason than following the stated schedule, ALL restaurants should open when they say they do. Avoid potential problems. 

On an unrelated issue, if the ship is going to offer some sort of "tea time", put it in the schedule! We knew nothing about it till about 3/4 of the way through the trip. Missed out on a good many (quite good) scones. 

On another unrelated issue, if guest services is told that a bathroom stall door doesn't work and results in someone getting locked inside once the door is closed - for heaven's sake FIX it. I got locked in a stall - literally - the mechanism does not work from the inside and thus no way to get out - believe me I tried - right before we were to disembark. Literally banging on the door till some kind gentleman opened it for me. He siad he reported this problem to guest services on the 3rd day already and nothing was apparently done. Far bigger concern that what time Blu opens!  

For those with opinions contrary to my own, can we agree to disagree relative to this Blu discussion? I think we've kicked it around enough. 🤔 I'm probably not going to do Aqua again anyway. No point since X appears to have removed the other amenities that we found most enjoyable last time. Might as well just do MTD in the MDR - depending on when that starts. Used to also be 5:30 (or maybe that was RCL the last time - not sure) but then I think it changed to 6:00. No biggie - next cruise with either RCL or X is probably at least 2-3 years away.  

Here's yet another issue - a friend of mine who frequently cruises with X seems to feel that they are catering more to those on the newer ships. He is very fond of the Beyond in particular. I suspect that's where the focus is going relative to the best service and amenities, although I had no complaints about the level of service on the Summit, but just didn't encounter the same level of Aqua amenities. 

Quickly getting back to Blu - often the food was barely warm. That never impresses me in any restaurant. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

On 5/24/2023 at 11:42 AM, Octavias said:

She isn’t the one making this a big deal in my opinion, she just shared her disappointing experience and now is defending herself from the onslaught.  

Thank you for this. A friend of mine (the one who cruises the newer ships with X) agrees totally after I told him how things went on this thread. Said he hardly ever  posts on CC anymore because it's often not the amiable and more accepting and friendly place that it once was. (Incidentally, the "she" is a "he", as evidenced by the aforementioned bathroom stall incident 😆)

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

I think this thread has gone on long enough, we get it the OP is upset because they couldn't snag a window seat every night. It is what it is and not everyone can have a window seat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

we get it the OP is upset because they couldn't snag a window seat every night.

That is only part of the concern. Omigosh...I totally give up here. I have explained other facets to this but the only focus appears to be the window seat issue. Agreed...let's please end this thread. It's like I've attacked Celebrity in this thread and so dedicated X customers have taken umbrage to it. If I could delete this entire thread - as can be done on other forums, I would.

Life is short....let's move on. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Thank you for this. A friend of mine (the one who cruises the newer ships with X) agrees totally after I told him how things went on this thread. Said he hardly ever  posts on CC anymore because it's often not the amiable and more accepting and friendly place that it once was. (Incidentally, the "she" is a "he", as evidenced by the aforementioned bathroom stall incident 😆)

Oops!  Sorry about that.  Not sure why I defaulted to a she/her pronoun.  My apologies. 😊

9 minutes ago, Octavias said:

My apologies.

None needed!!! LOL   I just find it interesting that this (assumed as being a 'she') has happened before. Thanks again for your thoughts. I never expected this thread to expand into way more than it probably should have. Simple recommended procedure here on CC would appear to be - don't complain about anything, because likely the dissenting (let alone disrespectful) opinions will outweigh and probably outnumber those that convey a more considerate and / or at least a bit more innocuous response. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

8 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I think this thread has gone on long enough, we get it the OP is upset because they couldn't snag a window seat every night. It is what it is and not everyone can have a window seat.

and 150 other Aqua class guest might want a turn sitting in the window while a select few think they should have it every night. Same as pool loungers when some think they are entitled to the best seats for a whole cruise..lol

• Like 3

On 5/23/2023 at 6:15 PM, paulh84 said:

I’m failing to see the correlation between opening early and encouraging people to wait in line. People wait in line to get tender tickets, for shows, for walk offs, for meals, etc. You wanted to be first in line at 5:30 to get your coveted window seat and other people beat you to it. Had you been the one in front of the line, there would be no complaint. You’re on a ship with thousands of people. Not everyone can get the prime spots. 

Remember the saying: If you build it, they will come.  I think there is a parallel:  If you open early, they will come earlier.  

12 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

That is only part of the concern. Omigosh...I totally give up here. I have explained other facets to this but the only focus appears to be the window seat issue. Agreed...let's please end this thread. It's like I've attacked Celebrity in this thread and so dedicated X customers have taken umbrage to it. If I could delete this entire thread - as can be done on other forums, I would.

Life is short....let's move on. 

The thing is, you posted a very lengthy and complaining post, as well as responses of considerable length defending your complaints. So honestly in that sense yes, you did attack Celebrity.  The complaint about the window seating made you sound particularly entitled and nit-picky, regardless of whether you really are or meant it to sound that way.  So it is really no surprise that you would get rebuttals. And at the same time, if you have the right to complain so passionately, why don’t others have the right to disagree with you with equal passion?

• Like 3

On 5/27/2023 at 9:54 PM, Chardonnay Char said:

Remember the saying: If you build it, they will come.  I think there is a parallel:  If you open early, they will come earlier.  

What confuses me about this issue is that even if Blu didn’t open early, wouldn’t people still line up early to be first in line to get one of the window seats ?

On 5/27/2023 at 10:47 PM, phoenix_dream said:

why don’t others have the right to disagree with you with equal passion?

I see, so it's a case of others getting deliberately defensive in response to my appearing overly (and truly unintentionally) offensive. Got it. CC used to be a friendly place where such things were unlikely to happen. As I said previously, I think I 'stepped on some toes' here and yet really didn't mean to. In either case, I surrender and yield back.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2023 at 10:47 PM, Cruise till you drop said:

What confuses me about this issue is that even if Blu didn’t open early, wouldn’t people still line up early to be first in line to get one of the window seats ?

Possibly - actually likely if they're bent on getting a window seat - however, it wouldn't happen so early. We got tired of feeling like we have to get down there by 4:45. THAT is the part that wouldn't happen. If the line started forming by 5:15 for the 5:30 opening, that's fine. I fail to understand why it has not been understood that my main point is not so much that the window seats are already filled by 5:10, but that they're simply not sticking to the schedule of opening at 5:30.

I traveled in Aqua a lot. Most recently last March on the Constellation. I have never seen them open early. Now a line forming between 430-530, yes. Folks want those window seats. 

We usually showed up around 7ish. Was usually able to snag a window seat with the early crowd finishing up.

As far as it is worth it? We are going on the Edge end of October (Rome-Dubai). It was prohibitively expensive for Aqua and we passed. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Banjo said:

I have never seen them open early. Now a line forming between 430-530, yes. Folks want those window seats. 

Interesting. Yeah...people want alot of things nowadays and are often impatient (or far worse) when they don't get what they want when they want it. Talk about "entitlement", which, somewhat unexpectedly, is what I'm being accused of as well. Thanks for your post. Glad to hear that, from your experiences, they're not opening early. That's simply the wrong thing to do IMHO.

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Interesting. Yeah...people want alot of things nowadays and are often impatient (or far worse) when they don't get what they want when they want it. Talk about "entitlement", which, somewhat unexpectedly, is what I'm being accused of as well. Thanks for your post. Glad to hear that, from your experiences, they're not opening early. That's simply the wrong thing to do IMHO.

Something you might consider at this point...refrain from replying any further on this thread you started. Let it pass away into the bit bucket of CC. I know that can be hard (from personal experience!).

Best wishes and bon voyage!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

refrain from replying any further on this thread you started.

You're absolutely right....I was going to and then found it hard to resist jumping back in. Just adding fuel to a fire that probably should have never started. 6 pages and 143 posts on this rather inconsequential issue (in the general scheme of things) is a bit ridiculous. Time for it to end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

I see, so it's a case of others getting deliberately defensive in response to my appearing overly (and truly unintentionally) offensive. Got it. CC used to be a friendly place where such things were unlikely to happen. As I said previously, I think I 'stepped on some toes' here and yet really didn't mean to. In either case, I surrender and yield back.

And I see, if someone disagrees with you and dares to say so, they are “deliberately defensive”. You didn’t step on toes. You just complained and many felt your complaints were unwarranted. They said so. Which apparently you translate to them not being friendly.  So you disagreed with them some more, again and again and again in post after post after post. One can then only assume that your main intent was for people to either agree with or feel sorry for you, not sure which. But you’re right about at least one thing, enough is enough for this thread.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Possibly - actually likely if they're bent on getting a window seat - however, it wouldn't happen so early. We got tired of feeling like we have to get down there by 4:45. THAT is the part that wouldn't happen. If the line started forming by 5:15 for the 5:30 opening, that's fine. I fail to understand why it has not been understood that my main point is not so much that the window seats are already filled by 5:10, but that they're simply not sticking to the schedule of opening at 5:30.

Interesting.  So if it’s not about getting a window seat, why would it matter when they open (early or not).  Sorry just wanting to clarify 

16 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Interesting.  So if it’s not about getting a window seat, why would it matter when they open (early or not).  Sorry just wanting to clarify 

I agree and further proof that this whole thread is useless and needs to end now. 

• Thanks 1