TxTeach79's Pride LIVE 5/28: Post Drydock European Adventure!

TxTeach79

11 hours ago, el344 said:

I spent several hours and a couple of hundred euros this afternoon Shopping While Fat And Short at El Corte Ingles. Net haul after trying on a couple of dozen pants and tops: one top (black tee), one pair of pants (wide leg olive green crops that are full length on me), one nightgown, two pair of socks, and two pair of unmentionables. I was able to buy my husband underwear, tee shirt, sleep shirt, socks, and a shirt in about 15 minutes total. Life is not gender equitable where clothing is concerned.

I ran into 4 other victims of BA’s IT meltdown. One of them who is on a Celebrity cruise spent a little over €1500 in the women’s clothing designer department on some very nice stuff.

If the bags aren’t here tomorrow I’m hitting H&M, Zara, Primark, Uniqlo, C&A, and I may go back to El Corte Inglis and buy the €200 pair of perfectly ordinary black pants I tried on. At least they fit.

have you heard anything from BA on how to catalog things, get compensation moving, etc.? 

13 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

My family of four DH, me, DDs (19 & 22 at the time) did carryon and a backpack only for 11 days in Amsterdam and Paris.  Saved our butts when we had to run like rabbits through the Philadelphia airport to get to our gate for Amsterdam.  Barely got on the flight. We took the train a number of times and having just carryon made that so much easier.  Not sure if DH wants to bring a suit for our cruise out of Rome this October.  @Eli_6 does your DH pack a suit in his carry on?

Not this year we didn't. The shoes are the problem for us. DH has size 12/13 feet and now both my boys are in adult men's sized shoes so we skipped suits because of the shoes.  Also, I had to bring 2 laptops and some books because I am going to Cambridge after the cruise for some research for my dissertation. 

Last year I bought 3 suits and the shoes with them and that alone took up an entire carry on.  But they were a bit smaller last year.  Just can't do it anymore with growing boys.  My youngest is 5 ft and 120 lbs and already in men's clothes and shoes. Sigh.  Growing up too fast!!!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

have you heard anything from BA on how to catalog things, get compensation moving, etc.? 

Not a thing. I tried calling this morning, and the recording bragged that 90% of bags were located and returned within 48 hours. It also said I had to provide them with a detailed list of the contents because that is how they will search after 5 days. My Tiles are still saying Terminal 5 Airside, but they haven’t updated for 22hours, which makes me suspect they’re somewhere in the bowels of Heathrow where there are no phones to pick up a signal.

The website says they will compensate us for “reasonable essentials”, which m interpreting as everything I’ll need for the next 2 weeks. I’m going to embark upon a massive shopping endeavor in just a few minutes.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/baggage-essentials/lost-and-damaged-baggage/making-baggage-claims

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, el344 said:

Not a thing. I tried calling this morning, and the recording bragged that 90% of bags were located and returned within 48 hours. It also said I had to provide them with a detailed list of the contents because that is how they will search after 5 days. My Tiles are still saying Terminal 5 Airside, but they haven’t updated for 22hours, which makes me suspect they’re somewhere in the bowels of Heathrow where there are no phones to pick up a signal.

The website says they will compensate us for “reasonable essentials”, which m interpreting as everything I’ll need for the next 2 weeks. I’m going to embark upon a massive shopping endeavor in just a few minutes.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/baggage-essentials/lost-and-damaged-baggage/making-baggage-claims

yeah, I think we have to do some shopping today as well unfortunately…. Lord knows when we get compensated for it, which is a bummer, but here we are…. Less than 24 hrs to onboard Pride now 

• Like 6

So B is finally stirring, and her bag has also moved to the new set of gates, but its las ping was well around the corner from mine, and over 90 minutes ago…. Which gives me faint hope that at least hers is on the way. We need hers much more badly than mine. 

• Like 6

So Brittany’s bag has made it to BCN - no word from BA, mind you. Their site shows that it is still unable to be located and nothing has happened at all….. mine, of course, has been in London long enough that it’s somewhere in line to the throne. 

unfortunately, I was just reminded that since someone who will go unnamed packed seven pounds over the limit and we had to move stuff into my bag at DFW, all her swimsuits and some dresses are in my Bri’ish bag. So there’s that, but screw it, a win is a win. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 9

20 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

So Brittany’s bag has made it to BCN - no word from BA, mind you. Their site shows that it is still unable to be located and nothing has happened at all….. mine, of course, has been in London long enough that it’s somewhere in line to the throne. 

unfortunately, I was just reminded that since someone who will go unnamed packed seven pounds over the limit and we had to move stuff into my bag at DFW, all her swimsuits and some dresses are in my Bri’ish bag. So there’s that, but screw it, a win is a win. 

I would find swimsuits for both of you today. I would try to find a department store if they have those in Barcelona? 

• Like 4

I'm feeling positive about both yours and B's bag.  At the very least BA has realized they need to move them.

BTW, hotel looks amazing.  The one time we were in Barcelona we stayed downtown in an elegant old style hotel.  It was great, close to things, lots of amenities, but your hotel looks more interesting.

• Like 6