TxTeach79's Pride LIVE 5/28: Post Drydock European Adventure!

TxTeach79

4 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

We did Sandra's 5 hour tour up the Basque coast and the Guggenheim which turned into 7 hours.  It would have even been longer but people were afraid we would miss the boat.

wonderful! 

• Like 1

We have a nice 10-8 stay in Amsterdam, and word on the street (lido) is that the impromptu excursions offered aren’t great, so we’re looking at grabbing another food tour on viator, which would leave us a ton of free time to explore the city afterwards 

IMG_2250.thumb.png.289cedd1f4d9be8d2d2c713f41245793.png

IMG_2251.thumb.png.92e3e74da1f149f8326f97846bfd6bcb.png

leaning toward this right now 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, TxTeach79 said:

Yep, if I get back here I’ll definitely try to get to the Guggenheim…. I’ve heard nothing but effusive praise. B has just had San Sebastián on her radar for a long time (and isn’t really a museum person), so I was more than happy with the compromise on this one. 

@TxTeach79.... I am right there with @HelloItsMeB on the museum front.  Nice to have a guy willing to compromise!  Two thumbs up for you!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, maluhia87 said:

I definitely recommend a canal tour. We were able to do the candlelight option with wine/snacks and had a fantastic time.  

we wanted that one but it leaves too late!

6 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

we wanted that one but it leaves too late!

We were lucky enough to be there on a land trip with one full day in Amsterdam to do everything before we flew out the next morning. We fit a number of the standard tourist things into one very full day. Windmills, Marken, Volendam half-day trip. Anne Frank House with the introductory program and canal trip (and it was in March, so the sunset was earlier). 

With the short notice change and things being more limited, it is a sign that you need to go back. 😉

Edited by maluhia87
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, maluhia87 said:

We were lucky enough to be there on a land trip with one full day in Amsterdam to do everything before we flew out the next morning. We fit a number of the standard tourist things into one very full day. Windmills, Marken, Volendam half-day trip. Anne Frank House with the introductory program and canal trip (and it was in March, so the sunset was earlier). 

With the short notice change and things being more limited, it is a sign that you need to go back. 😉

needless to say, I like how you think!