Ticket contract in possession

Cooljourney

Hello,

My wife and I will be cruising on the Marina starting on July 3rd in Norway and the Baltic. We have not cruised for 10 years and are paying attention to the details. We just got some paperwork from Oceania that defines what we need to embark. It all looks normal except for the following in the Guest Ticket Contract:

"9. "EMBARKATION

At the location designated for the initiation of pre-boarding procedures, You shall have in Your possession this Ticket Contract, valid passport, visas, inoculations card..."

My question is, do we really need a copy of the Ticket Contract in our possession when we embark?

Thank you in advance.

1 hour ago, Cooljourney said:

Hello,

My wife and I will be cruising on the Marina starting on July 3rd in Norway and the Baltic. We have not cruised for 10 years and are paying attention to the details. We just got some paperwork from Oceania that defines what we need to embark. It all looks normal except for the following in the Guest Ticket Contract:

"9. "EMBARKATION

At the location designated for the initiation of pre-boarding procedures, You shall have in Your possession this Ticket Contract, valid passport, visas, inoculations card..."

My question is, do we really need a copy of the Ticket Contract in our possession when we embark?

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to CruiseCritic!

How long (#pages) is the "ticket contract"?  I'm not sure just which document that is referring to, as we have no cruises currently booked (so can't look).

However, why not just bring it along "just in case"?  And the "instructions" are to bring it...

Our goal when traveling (and when not traveling!) is to try to keep stress to a minimum.  So instead of worrying whether we "should have" brought a document along... we'd just bring it.  We do that with the full policy for our travel insurance, too.  (That way, in case we aren't sure about whether something that happens after we've left home would be coverd... we can check.)

And yes, most of the docs we also keep on our laptops and in the cloud (this includes copies of charge cards, passports, tickets, etc.).

"Better safe than sorry", and so we can just relax and enjoy. 🙂 

Enjoy your cruise!

GC

• Like 1

You won't need the contract unless for some strange reason (don't ask) you do, and then you'll likely *really* need it.  They probably emailed a copy to you as an attached PDF file.  Copy that PDF file to your smartphone?

That said, no one on Regatta asked to see ours this week.

Thanks for both of the quick replies. The document is 14 pages long and it was sent to us in a PDF. I did save it to my phone, but was uncertain if a hard copy was needed. I did print it out (4 pages to a side/on both sides of the paper). I will have the hard copy and digital one handy. The reason I asked is that I have been following the forums for 6 months now and never saw a question on this topic. Guess I will be the first!

Depending upon the port/terminal, from which you Embark, you may need a copy of the invoice, with boarding time, to be allowed into the port and/or terminal facility. Some ports/terminals from which we have embarked turn away cruisers arriving before their designated Embarkment time. We have witnessed this both pre and post Covid.

This requirement is not mandated by Oceania, but the various Port Authorities to better maintain security and a managed flow of passengers through their facilities. 

It is highly recommended that you carry your documentation. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Depending upon the port/terminal, from which you Embark, you may need a copy of the invoice, with boarding time, to be allowed into the port and/or terminal facility. Some ports/terminals from which we have embarked turn away cruisers arriving before their designated Embarkment time. We have witnessed this both pre and post Covid.

This requirement is not mandated by Oceania, but the various Port Authorities to better maintain security and a managed flow of passengers through their facilities. 

I was planning on having all the documentation available, but it is good to know that we could need it before we reach the ship.

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Oh yeah and verily bring your "Boarding Pass" and watch it be checked.

"Ticket Contract" not so much...  until you don't have it, so says Murphy's Law.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've never had to show the Ticket Contract, but I do always take a copy of it in my printed folder. Most recently it's been boarding pass & passport. Assuming you've done the online check in. 

• Like 1