Captain Dimitris and Tasos (Ascent)

timf264

10 hours ago, BettyCruiser said:

They mentioned it in the last power up points webinar, I think it's February 25.

Yes, I thought this was my memory as well, but hesitated to post as people here are so quick to correct. 

I admit I am not one who paid close attention to that webinar, but I am on the Feb 11 sailing, and recall thinking that I would not be on the sailing with both captains, which is fine by me. It's bound to get a lot of publicity. 

Edited by EatonDoolittle

10 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

We will be on the Ascent for the pre-Maiden voyage. I’m not sure who the captain will be. What is the appeal of having both?  Genuinely curious as I have never been one to follow a particular captain or crew. 

Sorry, just one of my pet peeves. A ship can only have one maiden voyage, the first one. Hard to have a one before the first one. The pre-maiden voyage is really the maiden voyage.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.😎

38 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

It's bound to get a lot of publicity. 

Why ? Is that what Celebrity and a few customers think is a brilliant " marketing strategy" ?

Why all the interest of who the Captain on a cruise ship is scheduled to be ?

What do you do if there are changes ? 

Over the years we have met many Captains---- all very approachable and exceptionally well trained in customer relations. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RTShaker said:

Sorry, just one of my pet peeves. A ship can only have one maiden voyage, the first one. Hard to have a one before the first one. The pre-maiden voyage is really the maiden voyage.

Preaching to the choir, my friend. Celebrity’s words: “ascent taste of luxury preview cruise”. All I know is we are very likely the first to christen, ahem, I mean sleep in our stateroom. 😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Why ? Is that what Celebrity and a few customers think is a brilliant " marketing strategy" ?

Why all the interest of who the Captain on a cruise ship is scheduled to be ?

What do you do if there are changes ? 

Over the years we have met many Captains---- all very approachable and exceptionally well trained in customer relations. 

Chill!

This is exactly what I mean about the correcting / scolding done here.

I don't care who is the captain, neither do you, but evidently some do. 

So what? Why Pi$$ in their cereal? 

Social media and marketing are evidently hot topic triggers for you. Best to ignore. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RTShaker said:

But wait, there's more!  Ascent will have not one, but TWO, "preview" cruises

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Chill!

This is exactly what I mean about the correcting/scolding done here.

Kindly re-read the post--I believe you over-reacted to it.

No intent to offend anyone.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/20/2023 at 11:46 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

We will be on the Ascent for the pre-Maiden voyage. I’m not sure who the captain will be. What is the appeal of having both?  Genuinely curious as I have never been one to follow a particular captain or crew. 

They are both amazing Captains, I believe they are brothers. We loved Captain Toas. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/21/2023 at 11:39 AM, NutsAboutGolf said:

But wait, there's more!  Ascent will have not one, but TWO, "preview" cruises

Is this like the pre-pre and pre-game shows for the Super Bowl?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keesar said:

Is this like the pre-pre and pre-game shows for the Super Bowl?  

Exactly!  I wonder why they have two shorter sailings vs one longer ones but probably gives the crew new ship experience performing turnaround day duties

1 hour ago, kelib said:

I was told Dimitris will be Captain on NYE cruise (source was answered question from Tasos on IG)

Better one of the brothers than that darn cat captaining our last cruise....🐈

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Exactly!  I wonder why they have two shorter sailings vs one longer ones but probably gives the crew new ship experience performing turnaround day duties

Could be that, but my money says that marketing is involved and that means selling as many people as possible the "first passenger christening the room" opprtunity at "enhanced" rates.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rsail203 said:

Not necessary to denigrate Captain Kate.

Have never sailed with her but have only ever heard (or read) positive things about her...

3 hours ago, keesar said:

Better one of the brothers than that darn cat captaining our last cruise....🐈

Are you referring to Captain Kate or is 'darn cat' just a generic reference?  My papa used to reference people by that cat when he couldn't remember or didn't know their names...as in That cat down the road forgot to pick up his news paper... for example.

9 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

There are also short "press" cruises where members of the media and travel industry are invited to tour the ship. There is usually openings available for passengers 

• 1 month later...
On 5/20/2023 at 11:46 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

We loved Capt Taos on Solstice. We are on the 11/22/23 cruise. There is a Facebook group for this sailing as well.