Price drop after full payment?

Fish7

On 5/24/2023 at 1:58 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

Agreed!  I only raised the point because while some people may have had an inkling that there was some sort of pricing error...too good to be true...others may not have realized it and might have genuinely thought that was how cruises were priced.  They were in for a surprise when the true fare was presented.  I remember a few months ago someone posted about a sale on an Alaska sailing on the Edge for May, 2024.  I looked at the pricing and sure enough, it was great!  Cheaper than any of the sailings before or after that particular week.  I booked a MC Sky Suite (largely due to your comments about them...so thank you 😊) and the all in price was $2500 pp.  I wondered if this was the actual price or if there was an error and we would get an adjustment later.  I guess my point is, one may think the price is real only to find out later that a mistake was made and a new price is offered.  I'm hoping our booking was the real deal as I just can't fathom why the sailings before and after are significantly more in price.

Which week?  We are going to Alaska on the edge the 24th.  I missed the great deal I fear as we are paying much more.  Le Sigh.

2 minutes ago, Octavias said:

Which week?  We are going to Alaska on the edge the 24th.  I missed the great deal I fear as we are paying much more.  Le Sigh.

We embark may 31 for 7 nights. We looked at the week before (your cruise) but it was quite expensive and the week after was even more!  Perhaps you can take advantage of a price drop as there is still plenty of time for that before final payment. Fingers crossed for you!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

We embark may 31 for 7 nights. We looked at the week before (your cruise) but it was quite expensive and the week after was even more!  Perhaps you can take advantage of a price drop as there is still plenty of time for that before final payment. Fingers crossed for you!

I just went back and checked, prices are higher than what I paid now and even higher yet on your sailing.  Congratulations on snagging such a great deal!  I’ll keep my fingers and toes crossed for a price drop but I’m not going to hold my breath. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, graveytrain said:

What happens if one pays in full before the final payment due date and then notices a drop?  It is 7 days before final payment is due but my TA made final payment today. When I checked pricing, a few minutes ago, there is a few hundred dollars difference. Do you think I could receive on board credit for this amount? 

In that case you can still receive a price adjustment.    I had done the same recently and paid  a week prior to Final Payment.   There was about a $1,000 price reduction a day prior to final payment.   I contacted my TA and he processed the price adjustment.   About a week later I received a refund to my Credit Card.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2