Princess Shareholder Benefits 2023

RRFan

22 hours ago, Laughingbear said:

Did you black out your account/brokerage number? They tell you on the submission form to make sure to black it out before submitting it

Yes, that's for your safety so no one can get into your account.

Glad it all worked out for you.

I just take a current picture/screenshot of my online account, showing that I own the stock.  I have an email that I copy and paste each time, changing the pertinent information.  It's always applied within a couple of days.  I don't even black anything out, seriously, my CCL stock is the only thing in that account, I guess until something bad happens, I'll keep doing it. 

Just booked another cruise for Feb 2024 and already got the onboard credit.  Best investment return EVER!  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, justafem said:

I just take a current picture/screenshot of my online account, showing that I own the stock.  I have an email that I copy and paste each time, changing the pertinent information.  It's always applied within a couple of days.  I don't even black anything out, seriously, my CCL stock is the only thing in that account, I guess until something bad happens, I'll keep doing it. 

Just booked another cruise for Feb 2024 and already got the onboard credit.  Best investment return EVER!  

I send it as is to, my account needs my user name, password, random stuff and a text verification. 

• Haha 1

We booked two cruises for November 2024 and I sent the SHB forms in the same day via email.  Benefit showed up the next business day.  Like others have mentioned, I simply keep all the filled out forms in "my documents" folder with the booking number in the doc title.  When we scheduled a new cruise I just edit one of the old documents by changing the sail date and and the booking # and resubmit the forms.  It is a good way for me to be sure that I did in fact submit the form.

For info:

I applied to Princess UK by email ( benefits@princesscruises.co.uk ) three days ago and, today, received emailed confirmation that the obc had been been applied to my booking - 72 days out from my Sky Princess Norway cruise ex Southampton - and I can confirm that it appears in my online account.

Fast and efficient service IMHO.

Edited by optmax

• 3 weeks later...

I had been thinking about buying the stocks since March....UGH I wish I did but waited until my June cruise and had to buy when I returned! I wish I did it before but better late than never. BTW, stock took a nice climb today. Hooray!!

Thanks for the info! Just sent my request in for the first time.  EXCITED!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 808cruisers said:

I had been thinking about buying the stocks since March....UGH I wish I did but waited until my June cruise and had to buy when I returned! I wish I did it before but better late than never. BTW, stock took a nice climb today. Hooray!!

Thanks for the info! Just sent my request in for the first time.  EXCITED!!

I just got the credit applied!! Woot woot! Confirmation came as an email nearly identical to my initial Booking summary confirmation...except with the shareholder credit. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, 808cruisers said:

Rebooked with additional people. Looks like the shareholder credit dropped off. I wrote in and resent my original email with supporting documents. Has anyone ever experienced this before? 

Our experience is that anytime a change of any sort, no matter how small, is made to an existing reservation, the SH OBC drops off. Don't know why this is, just is. 

Whenever I'm in contact with my TA or Princess to make a change, I always ask them to check to see if the SH benefit is still on the reservation. If not, I ask them to fix it. This can take some time as fixing this issue is done by another group of people and not the front line reservation people. 

• Like 1

I sent in an email with my investment report this afternoon and received the shareholder credit applied to two different cruises in a record 16 MINUTES! 

Somebody's really on the ball today. A big kudos from me to them. 

• Like 2

On 6/8/2023 at 6:24 AM, justafem said:

And if the stock prices go up maybe they will pay the dividend again~  🤞

• Like 1

8 hours ago, suzyed said:

That would be a real good sign of getting back to pre-covid.  For now, I will be happy with the non-taxable dividend the SHB provides.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, awsdrew said:

I sent in an email with my investment report this afternoon and received the shareholder credit applied to two different cruises in a record 16 MINUTES! 

Somebody's really on the ball today. A big kudos from me to them. 

That's interesting.  I submitted mine (via email) on Monday and got an immediate response that it would take up to 21 days for it to be processed and that I would receive another email when that happened.  I don't understand this kind of discrepancy.

17 hours ago, suzyed said:

That would be great - but I think it's a long way off.  But still - I paid $9 a share when I bought my first shares many years and a LOT of OBC ago.  Sold it for a very nice paper loss when we weren't cruising for a few years.  Then bought back in again at $8 a share ($18 today) and so far $550 in OBC - so for us it's been a great investment 🙂

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Big Timber said:

That's interesting.  I submitted mine (via email) on Monday and got an immediate response that it would take up to 21 days for it to be processed and that I would receive another email when that happened.  I don't understand this kind of discrepancy.

That is automated response sent to everybody.  Did you check your personalizer to see if it had been applied?  In my recent experience it is applied almost immediately or at least within a day. They don’t notify you when it’s done.

Edited by t&atravel
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Big Timber said:

1 hour ago, t&atravel said:

That is automated response sent to everybody.  Did you check your personalizer to see if it had been applied?  In my recent experience it is applied almost immediately or at least within a day. They don’t notify you when it’s done.

So if I faxed in my info last week and have heard nothing back for an October 2023 cruise does that mean I need to re-send it.

(I just checked and no OBC)

5 hours ago, bjkTX said:

That would be great - but I think it's a long way off.  But still - I paid $9 a share when I bought my first shares many years and a LOT of OBC ago.  Sold it for a very nice paper loss when we weren't cruising for a few years.  Then bought back in again at $8 a share ($18 today) and so far $550 in OBC - so for us it's been a great investment 🙂

Same here!

• Like 1

I received this from Princess today after submitting my form a few hours earlier. I’ve received the benefit 3 times in the past while booking a cruise with an Interline Discount. This must be a new policy. 
Has anyone else booked cruises with an Interline Discount and received the benefit. Oh well, maybe it’s time to sell the losing stock.

“Thank you for contacting Princess Cruises. We have received your request for the Carnival Shareholder Benefit to be applied to your upcoming cruise on October 21, 2023, on the Discovery Princess.

Please be advised we are unable to apply the benefit as it is not combinable with the promotion code YI1 from your SPECIAL INTERLINE OFFER you are currently booked under.”

29 minutes ago, highloyo said:
I received this from Princess today after submitting my form a few hours earlier. I’ve received the benefit 3 times in the past while booking a cruise with an Interline Discount. This must be a new policy. 
Has anyone else booked cruises with an Interline Discount and received the benefit. Oh well, maybe it’s time to sell the losing stock.

“Thank you for contacting Princess Cruises. We have received your request for the Carnival Shareholder Benefit to be applied to your upcoming cruise on October 21, 2023, on the Discovery Princess.

Please be advised we are unable to apply the benefit as it is not combinable with the promotion code YI1 from your SPECIAL INTERLINE OFFER you are currently booked under.”

Can you explain what an interline discount is.  

6 hours ago, highloyo said:

Hi @highloyo, Princess has cracked down on combinability of the Shareholders benefit with interline fares. 

I have an acquaintance who has booked a Princess cruise at interline fare, previously(last year) and said he ‘used’ to get the shareholders OBC. 

It was sometime last year(summer?), Princess started enforcing the non combinability of interline fares and shareholders. Almost certain with interline you also cannot get the OBC for using a FCD. I believe the terms and conditions on the form state about certain fares not being eligible. So really, you were never supposed to get.

So now it requires my friend to do a little more math to see if a discounted or TA fare is better than booking interline, as he would have to give up shareholders and OBC from FCD usage.

My 2 cents, do the math, booking interline will not always result in the best/lowest net fare. My friend who can book interline, just joined me on a 14 day Alaska as solo on the Sapphire Princess. Princess had a reduced solo supplement, TA was offering bonus OBC along with a group OBC, able to add shareholders of $250 for a 14 day sailing, and OBC for using a FCD. Net difference between interline was a few hundred dollars. I am not planning on selling my stock.

Also @RRFan, as of April 2023, FCD’s purchased are only good for 12 months, but you are able to extend if you call before it expires.

Edited by wallyj
  • Like 1

On 5/31/2023 at 1:41 PM, moonjelly said:

Hi All,

Thank you for the great information.

Question: if two people who are not related are in the same cabin and are each shareholders, can they each get a $100 credit, or is it per cabin?

I believe if you have separate booking numbers the credit would be each person. Friends traveling together and each paying their own way should each get the credit they applied for. Haven’t actually tested it but it doesn’t make sense for only one to be eligible per cabin. 

• Like 1

Just by way of information:  this morning, I sent the email requesting Shareholder Benefits for two upcoming cruises at 8:40a EDT, received the automated reply "may take up to 21 business days to process" at 8:42a, and received two emails with booking confirmations including the shareholder benefit credits at 9:10a.  I AM impressed!  👏

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kamelia said:

Just by way of information:  this morning, I sent the email requesting Shareholder Benefits for two upcoming cruises at 8:40a EDT, received the automated reply "may take up to 21 business days to process" at 8:42a, and received two emails with booking confirmations including the shareholder benefit credits at 9:10a.  I AM impressed!  👏

And I re-faxed in my info this morning (first time was July 2nd) and I also have the OBC on my account. (It wasn't there before today's fax - I checked)

Friday must be the charm. 😁

• Like 1