Icy Strait Point... Zipline

SirrCRF

Hi guys,

We are a family of 4 heading to Alaska via Norweigan Sun in August. Myself and the 2 boys would like to do the Zipline. However it is £200 each with the ship. Is there another way to book it?

We were there a few years ago.  I thought the price on the ship was a bit steep.  Tried to buy it once on shore but it was the exact same price, no discounting.

On 5/24/2023 at 6:40 AM, SirrCRF said:

Hi guys,

We are a family of 4 heading to Alaska via Norweigan Sun in August. Myself and the 2 boys would like to do the Zipline. However it is £200 each with the ship. Is there another way to book it?

If they have available tickets, they will sell on the day of - in port. 

But, they typically sell out. 

If you want to do the zipline, buy tickets now.  

You will get the time YOU want so that you can plan the rest of your day. 

I have not done the zipline, but family members have. 

Apparently, it is pretty darn amazing. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Have you found a way? It is absurd pricing. Everything online says it should be around $150 each which is expensive but the current Norwegian price is around $260 - I have emailed Icystraitpoint and waiting for a response as we are 3 who want to do it too but not at £600 for 60 seconds!

You won't be able to get around the high prices.  It's the most popular attraction there and they know they will sell out, so much so that unless you're on an early ride, you're almost certain to be delayed from your scheduled ride upwards of an hour.  Last time I rode it, my ride time was about 45 minutes after my scheduled time.  

Part of the expense is the gondola ride, which is an unlimited pass.  You can go back and ride it up and down as much as you like.  It's a pretty amazing ride because of the scenery.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Every zipline I have been on, has weighed everyone, before being issued the harnesses etc.  It's a safety thing.  If you're on the borderline, skip the premier desserts, and take advantage of the fitness classes!  😀 

No zipline company is going to take the liability risk if you don't fall within their posted weight range.

I took the zip line a couple of years ago and loved it!  It was pricey but worth it, in my opinion.  It's the longest zip line in the world, I believe, and to me, it seemed like it lasted a long time.  I went first thing in the morning, so no wait time issues.