Cost to upgrade drink package

George C

3 hours ago, George C said:

What is the cost to upgrade drink package from classic to premium? Asking for family, thanks

Before upgrading it's useful to look at your actual drinking habits. For most passengers it would be cheaper to just pay the difference in price on the odd drink that might be above the Classic limit - remember you only pay the difference plus the gratuity on the difference not the full amount.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Before upgrading it's useful to look at your actual drinking habits. For most passengers it would be cheaper to just pay the difference in price on the odd drink that might be above the Classic limit - remember you only pay the difference plus the gratuity on the difference not the full amount.

That's what we did before our last cruise. I like some of the premium options while my husband doesn't care. It would have cost us about $50 per day (have to upgrade everyone in the cabin + gratuity) so we decided it wasn't worth it. I had a few premium drinks along the way and spent a grand total of about $50 for the entire cruise. It's absolutely worth doing the cost benefit analysis. For some people, it's worth the extra cost. 

1 minute ago, mrgabriel said:

That's what we did before our last cruise. I like some of the premium options while my husband doesn't care. It would have cost us about $50 per day (have to upgrade everyone in the cabin + gratuity) so we decided it wasn't worth it. I had a few premium drinks along the way and spent a grand total of about $50 for the entire cruise. It's absolutely worth doing the cost benefit analysis. For some people, it's worth the extra cost. 

Exactly. Whatever the price of the upgrade X are making a profit which means that for the majority of passengers upgrading is not financially a good option.