Additional TAX in UK ports now!

Greener123

20 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

This has gone from somewhat interesting to ridiculous and insulting!  

You’re on the U.S. Cruise Critic site, and decide to offend those of us who are in North America trying to help.  Whatever issues you are having are specific to the U.K. 

Maybe get help here…..

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/

They are the same site under the hood.

Have been for years CC is an international forum.

Shocking last defense I am an American I don't understand the real world 🤔😂🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scooter6139 said:

Not really.  Just look and find posts where they have proclaimed "I'm a Platinum/Saphire/Diamond and NCL doesn't __________!"   Read these posts all the time.  While NCL certainly appreciates return customers, they just want bodies in those cabins.  And they want to sell more stuff to those bodies in those cabins in any way they can.

But this happens in  ALL cruise lines.  Just visit other forums.  Same complaints.

Exactly, anyone who says "I'm not cruising with [fill in the blank] cruise line anymore" over the most minor issue is soon going to run out of options. I'm tempted to ask people who are mad what they would do about it, what THEIR answer would be, how THEY would rectify the situation since they are such experts. But I think one or both of these things would happen: 1. They'd say "that's not my problem," which isn't answering the question at all or 2. They themselves wouldn't accept the very solution they offer. People will ask for an apology, and when it's given say "Not good enough, I want money." Then they get money and say "Not enough money, I want a free cruise." Then a free cruise and "I hate that company, I'll never cruise with them again." Same old story. My dad used to say that if you didn't have a solution to problem, then stop complaining. He was right. And I would add, if you *do* have a solution to a problem and it's implemented, stop complaining then, too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

This has gone from somewhat interesting to ridiculous and insulting!  

You’re on the U.S. Cruise Critic site, and decide to offend those of us who are in North America trying to help.  Whatever issues you are having are specific to the U.K. 

Maybe get help here…..

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/

We are already. 

image.png.038988d6afce53e99fe68b3bede9ebb4.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

You're cherry-picking by picking solo fares. I'm sure the stow-away fare is even cheaper.

As I'm sure you're aware, the average cruiser profile is couples/families. Show me total fares for under $1,000 for that profile. I'll wait...and I stand by my THOUSANDS comment.

This is quite close to your criteria (it is a screenshot of an email from NCL so no searching required).

image.png.91286189d280b5c7517bffa62badefe6.png

6 minutes ago, SteveH2508 said:

This is quite close to your criteria (it is a screenshot of an email from NCL so no searching required).

image.png.91286189d280b5c7517bffa62badefe6.png

So that's about $2700.  Nice.  I think this is about the same cuise on the US side:

image.thumb.png.5a7c8717339a88448dc80721265449cd.png

Edited by scooter6139

6 minutes ago, cybergremlin said:

Wasn’t this topic about added tax for uk travellers and now we’re comparing cruise prices

Its the US trolls trying to distract from the real case.

remember this tax thread was just opened as the real drinkgate thread got closed.

No evidence taxes ever happened after drinks resumed.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

So that's about $2700.  Nice.  I think this is about the same cuise on the US side:

image.thumb.png.5a7c8717339a88448dc80721265449cd.png

Want to sail the Prima, but fares are still a bit high.  Maybe next year when they drop a bit and after Viva sails!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cybergremlin said:

Wasn’t this topic about added tax for uk travellers and now we’re comparing cruise prices

Yes it was - unfortunately some of our US cousins cannot get their heads around the fact that the rest of the world sometimes does and sees things differently.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Want to sail the Prima, but fares are still a bit high.  Maybe next year when they drop a bit and after Viva sails!

DW wanted to see a couple of things in Rome, so adding a couple of off season days pre-cruise made this a no-brainer.

This is somewhat a last chance for NCL to redeem themselves for various reasons (though we do sail on Regent Seven Seas a couple of weeks later so that could make for some 'unfair' comparisons).

17 minutes ago, SteveH2508 said:

DW wanted to see a couple of things in Rome, so adding a couple of off season days pre-cruise made this a no-brainer.

This is somewhat a last chance for NCL to redeem themselves for various reasons (though we do sail on Regent Seven Seas a couple of weeks later so that could make for some 'unfair' comparisons).

I looked at Oceania for a Mediterranean cruise.  Truth is, I can sail in a Haven Spa Cabin on the Epic for 25% less than an Oceania cruise in a balcony cabin.  And, the Haven includes FAS.  So, hard for me to make the change (albeit I keep looking).

Lord knows I have had my fair share of issues with NCL in the past (as I have with other cruise lines, too).

I understand people's frustration with differences in pricing, policies, nomenclature, etc between those who book/live in EU/UK and here in the U.S..  But, as pointed out, this is a U.S. based Cruise forum.  Cruise Critic has a forum specific to the U.K.  

Us "USA Cousins" (as you put it) offered some insight to what may be going on, as many of us have sailed NCL quite a bit with more than passing knowledge of how their perks, promos and fare pricing work.  We were greeted with insults.  So yeah, we can be a little sensitive when you want to heave your issues onto our site, where they have little to no relevance because of our geographic locale.  We do indeed play by a different set of rules.

Carry on.  Wish all of you the best, regardless of what issues you have, what FCC NCL gives you, who you may or may not cruise with next, or why.

Good luck!

Edited by graphicguy

2 hours ago, cybergremlin said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic.   In case you haven't figured it out yet, topics rarely stay on a single topic no matter how much the whiners and complainers want it to.  🙄

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, insidecabin said:

UK price includes UK  air and transfers on what is currently the premium priced NCL ship.

Is that a special invite offer, as it's from an email?  I can get close to that on the UK site but says nothing about air transport or transfers.  At least on European cruises, your pricing is MUCH lower than what we get via the US NCL site.  I'm slightly jealous.  🤑

image.thumb.png.73eac88a7d20f1c177bbf400904eed2f.png

Edited by scooter6139

8 hours ago, graphicguy said:

But, as pointed out, this is a U.S. based Cruise forum.  Cruise Critic has a forum specific to the U.K.  

The forum/boards are the same just get there through different links.

The home pages are customised to regions(US,UK,AUS)  as they are predominantly about sales.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

Is that a special invite offer, as it's from an email?  I can get close to that on the UK site but says nothing about air transport or transfers.  At least on European cruises, your pricing is MUCH lower than what we get via the US NCL site.  I'm slightly jealous.  🤑

image.thumb.png.73eac88a7d20f1c177bbf400904eed2f.png

The air is done through a credit, you can't do it on line need to call.

If you look at the search level you will see air credit in the promo box of eligibile cruises and a little plane in the icons under prices of grades.

Screenshot_2023-06-03-06-45-16-318_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.e1bc5d4c3f3daa898acbdf29ca65da2b.jpg

The one time I used it for return to Copenhagen the total went down adding the flights, could pick custom dates/times so did not use the Included transfers.

Looking at some new trips that need air 

I think the US has a BOGOF air promotion.

Regional pricing of the cruises can give different totals we check and if the US is significantly cheaper will book there.

UK bookings  get better protection.

10 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I understand people's frustration with differences in pricing, policies, nomenclature, etc between those who book/live in EU/UK and here in the U.S..  But, as pointed out, this is a U.S. based Cruise forum.  Cruise Critic has a forum specific to the U.K.  

As pointed out, it isn’t.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, graphicguy said:

But, as pointed out, this is a U.S. based Cruise forum.  Cruise Critic has a forum specific to the U.K.  

Really? So how come I'm here, linked from the UK address? IMG_20230603_085739.thumb.jpg.c9efd6c61da7dd237128263fdc6ba72f.jpg

7BFE54E4-D59D-4DE1-A556-A22C1DE47D2E.thumb.jpeg.35fa5b5f4da050eab84b01dc0b81a643.jpeg

We sailed NCL Dawn May 14 - 24, 2023. NCL posted this sign which turned out to be an outright lie from NCL. We were also delayed leaving from port so no wine with dinner.
I am not a regular drinker but on cruises I do love a mango meltdown or frozen margarita at sailaway and we do order wine with dinner. 
I have not asked or had an apology from NCL for their outright, in writing lie (see picture above). I was disappointed as I had the P+ drink package I really wanted to take for a spin after long travel days.
No FCC or any other compensation given for the lie and I do not expect it. I have two more cruises  booked for this year. I still like the NCL product even with the cutbacks that we definitely felt this past cruise. We will be more opened minded and start to try other lines starting in January and see where it goes from there. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, cygnets said:

7BFE54E4-D59D-4DE1-A556-A22C1DE47D2E.thumb.jpeg.35fa5b5f4da050eab84b01dc0b81a643.jpeg

We sailed NCL Dawn May 14 - 24, 2023. NCL posted this sign which turned out to be an outright lie from NCL. We were also delayed leaving from port so no wine with dinner.
I am not a regular drinker but on cruises I do love a mango meltdown or frozen margarita at sailaway and we do order wine with dinner. 
I have not asked or had an apology from NCL for their outright, in writing lie (see picture above). I was disappointed as I had the P+ drink package I really wanted to take for a spin after long travel days.
No FCC or any other compensation given for the lie and I do not expect it. I have two more cruises  booked for this year. I still like the NCL product even with the cutbacks that we definitely felt this past cruise. We will be more opened minded and start to try other lines starting in January and see where it goes from there. 

Get your feedback in using the form.

https://www.ncl.com/uk/en/case-submission

(Or US equivalent)