Food quality sucks!

FireEMT978

22 hours ago, C4HCG said:

And many others on here have the same opinion. 

Birds of a feather flock together, but fools seldom differ.... depending on which side of the discussion one adheres to or opposes.

• Haha 2

On 6/1/2023 at 3:08 PM, Spif Barwunkel said:

had there been no French Onion soup nor Aged Prime Rib to go with my finest garb, the food would have been adequately palatable and certainly sustainable.

Celebrity Cruises. Adequately Palatable

😂

• Haha 3

On 6/1/2023 at 7:06 AM, NMTraveller said:

It is not in my cruise planner yet.  My cruise is less than 7 months away.  

I have booked specialty restaurants for 3 nights and times using the Celebrity app for a Sept 2024 cruise .I could not imagine why you could not book yet.

I have enjoyed this thread with its "I know you are, but what am I vibe" and unfortunately, it could be applied to any of the different boards for all of the cruise lines.

I sailed on Regent this past March and on NCL in May and there were hits and misses on both. What was "interesting" was the substitution of cheaper ingredients in many of the tried and true venues on both cruise lines - and I'm including Regent on this.

My takeaway statement is that you have to be flexible - while I still love cruising, no it's not the same as it was a decade ago, but what is?

It's easy for me to say but it REALLY helps if you're an omnivore. I must admit I love a big piece of dead cow but if my server says "the vegetarian stew is really good tonight", that's what I go for.

There seems to be an obsession with beef on these boards - people have to realize that  the shocking price that you pay for beef in your supermarket is the reality that the cruise lines have to deal with while still keeping your fare "reasonable".

Go for the ocean, the vibe, the random chats with staff and fellow passengers and listen to recommendations. If your a "meat and potatoes" person,  expect to pay extra in the specialty or expand your horizons a bit.

You can whine all you want but these are the current realities of cruising right now.

Edited by Dr. Cocktail
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sdnich said:

I have booked specialty restaurants for 3 nights and times using the Celebrity app for a Sept 2024 cruise .I could not imagine why you could not book yet.

They appear to be holding back reservations for holiday sailings to much closer to the cruise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, prmssk said:

They appear to be holding back reservations for holiday sailings to much closer to the cruise.

That makes sense I didn’t even think about it being a holiday cruise! 

6 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

rc - in an earlier time, space and place I could readily endorse your approach and thought on this, in fact I do now, yet most of us who 'choose' to do SD do so with the full knowledge that we have paid for the MDR and OVC and other venues which have no additional charge(s) to use.

As such, it is not about the money, to a great degree, it is about wanting to do something different on a particular night and do not mind the additional $$'s as we may have NROBC to burn, as such it becomes even more worth it. Especially in a space that we may enjoy, along with the food.

If no, OBC and we want to do it, we do it...

bon appetit and bon voyage

Oh, sure--I agree completely!  I just like to get facts straight!  I'm all for everyone doing what they want! 🙂 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

A terrible philosophy, actually. Why would you not expect anything but an overall enjoyable cruise? That just makes no sense to me. Letting comments on CC determine your pre-cruise mindset is foolish. So, you will get on the ship expecting the worst. You are already leaning that way, perhaps your expectations will be met. Perhaps they should be. Either way, you will not be disappointed.

1 hour ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

I have enjoyed this thread with its "I know you are, but what am I vibe" and unfortunately, it could be applied to any of the different boards for all of the cruise lines.

I sailed on Regent this past March and on NCL in May and there were hits and misses on both. What was "interesting" was the substitution of cheaper ingredients in many of the tried and true venues on both cruise lines - and I'm including Regent on this.

My takeaway statement is that you have to be flexible - while I still love cruising, no it's not the same as it was a decade ago, but what is?

It's easy for me to say but it REALLY helps if you're an omnivore. I must admit I love a big piece of dead cow but if my server says "the vegetarian stew is really good tonight", that's what I go for.

There seems to be an obsession with beef on these boards - people have to realize that  the shocking price that you pay for beef in your supermarket is the reality that the cruise lines have to deal with while still keeping your fare "reasonable".

Go for the ocean, the vibe, the random chats with staff and fellow passengers and listen to recommendations. If your a "meat and potatoes" person,  expect to pay extra in the specialty or expand your horizons a bit.

You can whine all you want but these are the current realities of cruising right now.

drc - I vote for X going all vegan!!! LOL

What a revolt on-board that would be....

1 minute ago, Bo1953 said:

drc - I vote for X going all vegan!!! LOL

What a revolt on-board that would be....

There would be no more complaints about inferior cuts of meat......

When I read food complaints, I often wonder if my lack of eating red meat makes a huge difference in how much I still enjoy the food.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

That is my goto when I am not pleased with the food or choices.  Order a salad...

To be clear, most vegans do not only eat salads as our meals.... and we do not limit ourselves to salads, either. 

We enjoy quite an array of fruits and vegetables....

There are lots of options available in the vegetable world and we get them on X and quite a few other cruise lines, except X, so far, is the best at presenting the options other than just 'salad'.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RichYak said:

Celebrity Cruises. Adequately Palatable

😂

And that works for me, RY. I may not be enjoying my BFF (Best Freakin' Food) every time I sit down, but I'll be eating good food that I have chosen as an alternative, and looking damn fine while masticating I might add.   

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

And that works for me, RY. I may not be enjoying my BFF (Best Freakin' Food) every time I sit down, but I'll be eating good food that I have chosen as an alternative, and looking damn fine while masticating I might add.   

Celebrity Cruises. Adequate Verandas

😂