Vista Promenade Deck Seating?

joseph123

The thing I noticed on the picture of  the pool deck was that the overhang only allows one row of lounge chairs in the shade As the Riveara and Marina have three rows with 2 in the shade.

8 minutes ago, Acrusa said:

The thing I noticed on the picture of  the pool deck was that the overhang only allows one row of lounge chairs in the shade As the Riveara and Marina have three rows with 2 in the shade.

in some of the photos posted by Carmen (steamboats) it looks like in some spots they have little seating areas

look at photos 125  127

https://www.cruisediary.de/auf-taufreise-mit-der-vista/#

6 hours ago, shepherd really said:

Which is a mistake, since the passenger to space ratio is better on the larger ships and there are rarely crowds anywhere.   

Hi!  Thank you.   What you say is no doubt true however the larger ships have no useable promenade deck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deck chair said:

Hi!  Thank you.   What you say is no doubt true however the larger ships have no useable promenade deck.

That is true and if that is the most important aspect of a positive cruising experience than Oceania is probably not a good choice for your cruising...

12 minutes ago, Acrusa said:

I agree but those spaces are far from the view of the pool area 

They seem to be on the pools deck behind the 1st row of loungers  ??

11 hours ago, basor said:

That is true and if that is the most important aspect of a positive cruising experience than Oceania is probably not a good choice for your cruising...

Hello!  Thank you for your comment.  Certainly not on the larger ships which is why you will never see me on one.  Now if I see you on a R class ship you must allow me to buy you a drink!  Be well.

Deck Chair.

On 5/27/2023 at 7:56 PM, deck chair said:

Hi again!  Looks like you and I have sailed on many of the same ships!  I have only sailed on the SIRENA this past January for 20 days.  I was extremely impressed.   Impressed enough to book a 40 day Trans-pacific on the INSIGNIA this coming January.  Yes, I know the baths and showers are small and that seems to be the main criticism. And the lack of great entertainment is another. I will not sail on the larger ships because they are too big with too many passengers.  I think you lose the intimacy on the large ships.  And no useable promenade deck is the main thing.   If I see you, I will buy you a drink!

Deck Chair.

Then you may have seen me a couple of days lounging under the lifeboats on the port side of deck six.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2023 at 2:38 PM, Acrusa said:

We are booked on one Vista cruise and if we find we can not get seating in the shade by the pool than it will be our last and only one. It would be sad as we have been on 14 "O" cruises but looks like the changes they made on the Vista are not for the good.  Still need to give it a try as "O" has been  our  cruise line of choice for many years.

3 minutes ago, RJB said:

We are booked on one Vista cruise and if we find we can not get seating in the shade by the pool than it will be our last and only one. It would be sad as we have been on 14 "O" cruises but looks like the changes they made on the Vista are not for the good.  Still need to give it a try as "O" has been  our  cruise line of choice for many years.

We are booked January 31 for 18 days.

On Riviera this year was at the pool for our 2 lounges at 7.15 am..stayed there till wife came down to join me never left the lounge LOL

42 minutes ago, RJB said:

I believe "steamboats" who posted the lovely review with pictures stated that there are more loungers under cover but don't show due to angle....I can't find where the discussion was but she stated there are definitely more than one row of shaded loungers.  Hopefully someone that just sailed or sails soon will take pictures and give a definitive answer.

I found the link (actually LHT28 sent it to me) https://www-cruisediary-de.translate.goog/auf-taufreise-mit-der-vista/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp.  if you go pictures 122 -124 you will see the additional row of loungers plus the cubbies where there are more tables, chairs and loungers facing out towards the ocean

6 hours ago, RJB said:

Have you met Johthomas?

• Haha 1

On 6/7/2023 at 12:21 PM, RJB said:

We were on the 5/13 and 5/20 Vista sailings. There are lots of loungers and chairs in the shade but you contend with the age old problem of books, hats, and towels reserving them for long periods of time rather than people in the seats.  Super annoying….

On 5/27/2023 at 6:01 AM, deck chair said:

Hi!  Those day are NOT over.  There are really nice promenade decks on the Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria, Queen Elizabeth, all the SAGA ships, Disney ships and no doubt others.  I for one do not want to burn/broil under the sun and will not sail on ships with no real promenade decks where I can take shade under lifeboats out of the sun to read, nap, chat with those strolling by and simply watch the beautiful ocean go by.  

Deck Chair.

I just came off 22 days on a British cruise ship (Saga). Although the <1k-passenger ships are only a few years old, both have traditional promenade decks that take you all the way around the ship -- and have deck chairs. While I was doing turns around the deck, I was wondering whether I would be able to do the same on Vista. Apparently not.

On 5/25/2023 at 11:09 AM, joseph123 said:

That is what I thought from reviewing the photos. I do love a promenade deck experience. With that, is there a shortage of deck space for 1,200 passengers? Looks like very little outdoor area except for around the only pool. Does it feel crowded? Don't want to to spend the additional money for a premium cruise experience if it will seem very crowded on the decks. Odd that they would dedicate so much space at the aft of the ship to the putting greens? Would be nice to access an area to enjoy the wake other than for dining. These are my only reservations with booking. The decor of the ship looks stunning!

I just got off off of Vista. If it's a sunny day it can be challenging to find a sun spot. That said on cooler days there is plenty of room. The Vista has newer pods for hanging out in with the giant round pool be like things that are very nice. If it's safe crew will move loungers for you on decks 12 and 14 and 15. There is NO lower promenade deck. You can walk on the pool deck on the deck one floor above, or aft on the walking track around the smokestack which is very nice, 10 laps there is a mile.