New pricing changes next week?

neverlaysup

4 hours ago, njsmom said:

How is a drink package a slow death sentence?

Elsewhere I'd quote:

https://www.who.int/europe/news/item/04-01-2023-no-level-of-alcohol-consumption-is-safe-for-our-health

or:

https://time.com/6248439/no-safe-amount-of-alcohol/

But, you should simply dismiss it.  As a morally onerous RCL shareholder, I encourage everyone to get these drink packages.  It's one of the best innovations to come out of the cruise industry.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, njsmom said:

You're making the assumption that everyone with a drink package is drinking too much in their lives. A drink package does not give you cirrhosis of the liver. 

I was just explaining what the other poster’s comment meant. It seemed pretty obvious.

Of course drinking enough to make a drink package worth it doesn’t give you serious liver damage. But it doesn’t do much positive for anyone’s health either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, intr3pid said:

Elsewhere I'd quote:

https://www.who.int/europe/news/item/04-01-2023-no-level-of-alcohol-consumption-is-safe-for-our-health

or:

https://time.com/6248439/no-safe-amount-of-alcohol/

But, you should simply dismiss it.  As a morally onerous RCL shareholder, I encourage everyone to get these drink packages.  It's one of the best innovations to come out of the cruise industry.

Interesting articles and definitely eye opening. But it's quite hateful that you say you want to kill people. 

On 5/26/2023 at 12:00 PM, neverlaysup said:

You clearly can't read the chart very well. Open it back up, go to the Drinks and Dining section and read line 3....I will wait!

Yes, I can read the chart very well.  Al Bacio includes much more than Lattes and Tea.  They also serve Kahlua, Bailey's, etc, and premium water.  So, to state Elite Plus now includes Al Bacio is misleading and incorrect.  Line 3 does not say Al Bacio.

Edited by MandL

43 minutes ago, MandL said:

Yes, I can read the chart very well.  Al Bacio includes much more than Lattes and Tea.  They also serve Kahlua, Bailey's, etc, and premium water.  So, to state Elite Plus now includes Al Bacio is misleading and incorrect.  Line 3 does not say Al Bacio.

Most that are Elite Plus knew exactly what I meant. Zenith would be a free premium drink package and I will never make that level but free non-alcoholic specialty coffee will make me consider whether booking AI is worthwhile since I am good for two to three coffees a day and we can bring 4 bottles of wine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/27/2023 at 6:35 PM, MandL said:

Thank you for clarifying what others didn't find it prudent to do in their original post.

It is helpful to have appropriate information in each post, rather than just expecting "most knew..." and having to go through every post to dig to the bottom.

On 5/25/2023 at 12:15 PM, lostchild said:

In order to raise the package price to $149, they really will have to also raise the limit of drink price up from $17.   Because if they don't, you have to drink 9 max value drinks (which is probably with alcohol) daily just to break even.   If you even have a few drinks below the $17, you have to drink 10 to 15 drinks a day to break even.   Even if these drinks are tiny glass like 6oz, you will be drinking half a gallon of premium alcohol each day to break even the cost.   

That presumes that you only drink alcohol.  We also drink the specialty coffees from Al Bacio, premium juice, bottled water, I drink a soda or 2 a day and DH gets the smoothies from the spa cafe.

Yesterday our friends were quoted $18.99 per person per day plus taxes and gratuities to upgrade from Classic on their AI to Premium drink package. Does anyone know if this price has fallen to upgrade from Classic to Premium now that prices have been reduced? My question means for the extended sale ending tonight and after the sale ends.

Update: My friends checked, and the upgrade is still $18.99 per person per day plus taxes and gratuities to upgrade from Classic on their AI to Premium drink package. They are waiting for a sale price. Does Celebrity ever offer upgrade sales/discounts for Classic to Premium? I think yes, but not sure because we are Zenith and get the Premium drink package so no need to upgrade for the 2 of us.

Edited by TourDeCruise

11 hours ago, jelayne said:

That presumes that you only drink alcohol.  We also drink the specialty coffees from Al Bacio, premium juice, bottled water, I drink a soda or 2 a day and DH gets the smoothies from the spa cafe.

I used alcohol to indicate the amount of "liquid" you have to drink just to break even with $149 per day pricing.   Alcohol is the most expensive and least amount you get per glass.   Now if you get into cheaper drinks like water, soda, and juice, coffee, etc... you will have to drink even more than a gallon... probably closer to 3 to 5 gallons of liquid per day just to break even the $149 pricing.

And with the zero proof non-alcoholic package priced at $30, you could just get that and now you have $149-$30=$119 left for just buying alcohol per day with unlimited coffee, juice, water, etc...

• Like 1

@lostchild Trying to calculate these things isn't very precise. Packages have gotten way too expensive for us, but when we had one 4 years ago we used it to sample drinks and wines we normally wouldn't have ordered. The package drinks were not fully consumed half the time. Couldn't,  or wouldn't, have experimented a la carte, and wouldn't have discovered some brands of Scotch we really enjoyed.

On 5/25/2023 at 9:32 AM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

For a Nov 2024 EQ TA 

$200 CAD OR $150 USD plus tips 

IMG_5618.thumb.jpeg.2a2100625294f7017ac6a1265ba03310.jpeg

Price for upcoming June 2023 Eclipse 7 day

C5D4F8DB-20A9-4D2F-9239-6A708535D065_1_201_a.jpeg

Edited by CaliB
Uploading better photo