New pricing changes next week?

neverlaysup

I just saw that also on my cruise planner for  my Sept 2024 cruise!! It was $137.99 pre cruise Wow !! No way would I pay that.I was looking to see if the upgrade to premium was on sale.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

Either Celebrity is raising the premium drink package pricing to $149.00 per day or they think their customers are stupid with this current sale. Any thoughts?

That's $2503 for a 7 days cruise for 2 people with 20% tip just for drinks. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My feelings are that Celebrity just jacked up the prices so they could advertise 50% off. I would imagine that the executives that approve this sort of tactic feel that the customers are primarily ignorant about pricing and will just be happy to get 50% off. This is a standard tactic of almost everyone in the retail sales industry. The reality is....that most knowledgeable Celebrity customers already knew the original pricing and this increase is just an absolute insult to our intelligence and our loyalty to Celebrity. If they leave the pricing at $149.00 after the sale...then I AM WRONG and will apologize to every executive at Celebrity that I emailed about this. I however feel that the pricing will come back down after this "sale". Only time will tell!

• Like 6

Thats why almost all the time when doing the math and looking at purchasing each thing indvidually vs the AI rate it works to be much much better for AI rate.  I did one cruise without AI rate just to see and came out way behind overall.  

7 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

Thats why almost all the time when doing the math and looking at purchasing each thing indvidually vs the AI rate it works to be much much better for AI rate.  I did one cruise without AI rate just to see and came out way behind overall.  

100% agree, we almost always book AI because it works out to be much cheaper than individual purchases. We just booked B2B cruises and the AI up charge was only $48 a day....that makes drinks and WIFI about $30 a day total.

I just checked my 2025 Ascent cruise which is not covered under this promotion and they raised the price on that cruise as well to $149 (plus service charge) and are only offering the standard 7% discount I have been seeing pre-cruise lately which is $137.99 (plus service charge) per day per person which is insane.  

Just now, neverlaysup said:

100% agree, we almost always book AI because it works out to be much cheaper than individual purchases. We just booked B2B cruises and the AI up charge was only $48 a day....that makes drinks and WIFI about $30 a day total.

That is a great deal for AI.  Lately, it's been about $80 per day per person on the cruises I have checked out.  Which is not a good deal for us since my husband doesn't drink (so wouldn't make use of the drink package really at all) and I don't drink enough to cover that difference for both of us.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, prmssk said:

I just checked my 2025 Ascent cruise which is not covered under this promotion and they raised the price on that cruise as well to $149 (plus service charge) and are only offering the standard 7% discount I have been seeing pre-cruise lately which is $137.99 (plus service charge) per day per person which is insane.  

Interesting....thank you for this information. That would mean that X has more than DOUBLED the drink package pricing over the last 18 months or so.....INCREDIBLE!

In order to raise the package price to $149, they really will have to also raise the limit of drink price up from $17.   Because if they don't, you have to drink 9 max value drinks (which is probably with alcohol) daily just to break even.   If you even have a few drinks below the $17, you have to drink 10 to 15 drinks a day to break even.   Even if these drinks are tiny glass like 6oz, you will be drinking half a gallon of premium alcohol each day to break even the cost.   

6 minutes ago, lostchild said:

In order to raise the package price to $149, they really will have to also raise the limit of drink price up from $17.   Because if they don't, you have to drink 9 max value drinks (which is probably with alcohol) daily just to break even.   If you even have a few drinks below the $17, you have to drink 10 to 15 drinks a day to break even.   Even if these drinks are tiny glass like 6oz, you will be drinking half a gallon of premium alcohol each day to break even the cost.   

Not to mention the people who think it necessary to tip $3-5 on each of those 10-15 drinks 

17 minutes ago, Chardonnay Char said:

I read on another site that Celebrity has blamed the pricing on some sort of computer problem???

Celebrity....computer problems?? Tell me it isn't so🤣

• Haha 5

I'm officially getting old..."Back in the good old days", going through my notes, my very first X cruise, an Alaska 7 night sailing, was booked last minute over memorial day 2019 as there was a sale.  The delta between no perks to the four perks of $150 OBC, tips (at the time $101), wifi and the PREMIUM drink package was $621/person all in, or an effective price of $370/person since you would need to pay service tips anyways and by deducting the OBC

I am pretty sure that when the sale was released the price for the Classic package with the 50% off was around $50 now it is $64.  

Anyone buy it when sale was first released that can confirm the price then.

5 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I am pretty sure that when the sale was released the price for the Classic package with the 50% off was around $50 now it is $64.  

From Rick's 50% off thread (post #1)

image.thumb.png.b6d618e76f571f452fd39ea7ab7af621.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

From Rick's 50% off thread (post #1)

image.thumb.png.b6d618e76f571f452fd39ea7ab7af621.png

Thanks!  It seems strange that they would raise the prices in the middle of a Sale.  Sounds like a screw up to me.  

I think they realized that it is too cheap and all those people who booked AI were cancelling because it is cheaper to re-book basic and just add all the drinks and wifi with the % off.   They don't know how to fix that.  They can't change the 50% off because it was already out there.   So the only thing they could do not is to blame it on the IT guy and said the $149 was a mistake and it will be magically fixed after the sales ends.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lostchild said:

I think they realized that it is too cheap and all those people who booked AI were cancelling because it is cheaper to re-book basic and just add all the drinks and wifi with the % off.   They don't know how to fix that.  They can't change the 50% off because it was already out there.   So the only thing they could do not is to blame it on the IT guy and said the $149 was a mistake and it will be magically fixed after the sales ends.

Exactly what I think, management saw too many AI cancellations

Truth be told, its incredibly doubtful the "IT guys" are manually updating pricing, they have a revenue team but even they may delegate the task of updating website pricing to a lower position

• Like 2

Agree. Blaming it on IT is an easy out due to their past history of mistakes/glitches. I give IT credit now as I don't think it is their fault. The numbers went south with cancellations and rebookings at lower prices.

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

It was $43.99 earlier yesterday. Now $63.99 per day.