Saint Greg's Venezia Transatlantic May 29, 2023

Saint Greg

14 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I was thinking that if the restaurant used "meaty stews" in their description maybe poutine would be on the menu.  I know poutine.  Yum!!

Recette : la Poutine québécoise pour te tenir chaud cet hiver

Yeah I was by there. Didn’t see it on their menu though. May check out their bar.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I did not move my standard headphones to this bag so no inflight movie for me. The girl across the aisle is watching ticket to Paradise and I’m a bit jealous. 

They do have a good selection of
Movies. 

IMG_2384.thumb.jpeg.76805bc5f39f2d6801d26c8255db9efe.jpeg

This is why I always have some cheap earbuds with me incase we forgot our headphone cords. Although long haul flights we are usually offered headphones for free. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, maluhia87 said:

This is why I always have some cheap earbuds with me incase we forgot our headphone cords. Although long haul flights we are usually offered headphones for free. 

Yeah I have them. Just not in this backpack. I switched to a bigger one this trip.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

Not sure if you'll find a Tim Horton's but that's a Canadian staple.  You should find Labatt Blue on tap somewhere but it's mass produced.  Poutine was a once and done for me, but I found it strange that they had fries everywhere including Taco Bell.  You can look for ketchup flavored chips too.

Edited by detroitavant
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, detroitavant said:

Not sure if you'll find a Tim Horton's but that's a Canadian staple.  You should find Labatt Blue on tap somewhere but it's mass produced.  Poutine was a once and done for me, but I found it strange that they had fries everywhere including Taco Bell.  You can look for ketchup flavored chips too.

There’s not a Tom Horton’s in this international area at least. I don’t think I’ve seen Labatt on tap here but I’ll keep my eye out. That’s what my uncle from Michigan drank. I had the bottles occasionally in the military. I have seen the bottles here but I don’t think I’ve seen it on tap anywhere.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, detroitavant said:

Hmm. I’ll look for the ketchup chips. Sounds weird but I guess you put ketchup on fries which are potatoes. 

Maybe we need to get Whataburger to release a spicy ketchup chip up here.

https://chatelaine.com/food/trends/canadas-best-ketchup-chips/amp/

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I found the lays. But I’m going to check the big shopping area at the other end of the terminal and see if I can find something higher on the rating list and less…American.

IMG_2476.jpeg

All dressed is another Canadian exclusive (bottom right, second from bottom).

• Like 3

Just now, MeganGC1983 said:

I don’t think Canada is for me… I love potatoes and gravy but I despise ketchup and maple syrup. Eww! 

Sacrilege! Maybe we can't be friends! 🤣 I don't like poutine but love maple syrup. Ketchup in small amounts, but never ketchup chips.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

16 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

IMG_2335.thumb.jpeg.21531a29c743a7126724b8ebed0aaacb.jpeg

IMG_2336.thumb.jpeg.f5cc418e712246e585ab996265a55678.jpeg

IMG_2337.thumb.jpeg.018b798992f24afdd68713a19ad19aec.jpeg

IMG_2338.thumb.jpeg.98fa4f367135547e3ec09a4d80266fef.jpeg

IMG_2339.thumb.jpeg.5cbff87618482e1b8fefb62bea275c3d.jpeg

Hark, are those tablecloths I see? Hoping that Venezia is different enough from other Carnival ships to entice us back. Have not sailed on Carnival since 2013; we literally turned platinum and decided we preferred other lines. 

Would love to see the return of tablecloths and a kabosh on dancing waiters. As I said to my daughter, “I don’t need to see how low the Carnival waiters can go during ‘Low, Low, Low.”  Don’t know if they even do that anymore…. She was ok with the dancing waiters but has left Carnival for other reasons having to do with food allergies. 

Looking forward to your take on the ports. We did many of the same ports during a TA on NCL Epic.  Gibraltar was my fave, although we had to take an excursion from Malaga to get there. So nice that you get to do both!!  The monkeys are so fun; I could have watched them all day!

Wishing you a wonderful trip. Enjoy Hamilton; it’s truly amazing! I will be in NYC in July, first time since 2015, so will enjoy that part of your report too!,

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I did not move my standard headphones to this bag so no inflight movie for me. The girl across the aisle is watching ticket to Paradise and I’m a bit jealous. 

They do have a good selection of
Movies. 

IMG_2384.thumb.jpeg.76805bc5f39f2d6801d26c8255db9efe.jpeg

You are not missing anything with Ticket to Paradise. With such a good cast, I was surprised at how bad the film was!

Edited by pcrum
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, pcrum said:

You are not missing anything with Ticket to Paradise. With such a good cast, I was surprised at how bad the film was!

I saw it in the theater. I liked it.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 8