Reykjavik - Airport to Port Suggestions?

lesliew

We did this last July.

We booked with ShuttleDirect for $30 pp from KEF to Skarfabakki Port (where ship docks). There were only 8 of us on this huge bus for this non-stop trip. It was perfect.

Your other option would be to book with GrayLine (which is the bus company that ShuttleDirect used). We did this for our return trip from our hotel in Reyk for the same price.

Definitely pre book.

Taxi will be very expensive for this trip.

Edited by nansi
forgot to answer re prebooking
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, SakeDad said:

We used Viator to book Reykjavik Excursions to take a shuttle from City Center to the airport for $58 for 2 people. Takes 45min-1 hour

Was Viator cheaper than booking direct?  I'm not a fan of using 3rd parties unless I have no alternative or the savings is substantial.

55 minutes ago, Nitemare said:

Was Viator cheaper than booking direct?  I'm not a fan of using 3rd parties unless I have no alternative or the savings is substantial.

It was $79 to book direct. Viator is all over and extremely reliable.

1 minute ago, SakeDad said:

It was $79 to book direct. Viator is all over and extremely reliable.

It's much less than $79/person direct on Flybus.

I avoid 3rd parties as I have read too many stories about loss of communication when you add extra companies to the mix. Even with Viator.

The anger at them on the Support board at TripAdvisor,  their parent company,  would be amusing if it wasn't so upsetting 

15 minutes ago, Nitemare said:

It's much less than $79/person direct on Flybus.

I avoid 3rd parties as I have read too many stories about loss of communication when you add extra companies to the mix. Even with Viator.

The anger at them on the Support board at TripAdvisor,  their parent company,  would be amusing if it wasn't so upsetting 

It was $79 for 2 (just as I said $58 for 2 with Viator)

47 minutes ago, SakeDad said:

Viator is all over and extremely reliable.

Viator is not all over, because it doesn’t provide any service except booking. The services are provided by other companies. 

Always book direct whenever possible. Much easier to communicate with the company directly in case you have to change something (eg pick up time) or have a question. Eliminating the 3rd party always simplifies it and it's usually cheaper (or close to the same price).

3 hours ago, Nitemare said:

I am seeing 3900 ISK/person on the re.is site. That works out to about $28/person.

You are seeing "from" prices. They can change once booked which I actually did do.

https://www.northbound.is/blog/192/arriving-at-keflavik-airport

How do I get from Keflavik Airport to Reykjavik?

... there are 2 options: take a taxi or take a bus / airport transfer. Our recommendation would be to take one of the bus transfers as a taxi from the airport to Reykjavik can set you back around 17,000 ISK (?134).

This is why most travelers will use one of the many airport transfers. The two of the more popular options are Gray Line and Airport Express.