Alaska questions

Scubadoc

We are sailing on the Majestic out of Vancouver in July. So excited. First time cruising Alaska. A few questions for the veterans.

— We are excited to have our biggest balcony ever. We’re in D727, which is an aft suite with a wraparound balcony. Is that the best place to watch the sceneries on the days we did glaciers? We go to glacier bay and college fjord. Or is it better to go up on the deck somewhere?

— I understand there’s a heated covered pool area? Is that as good as it sounds? And is it a good place to be on sea days with a good view?

— We have enjoyed the sanctuary during Caribbean cruises, but I feel like that might not be the best choice in Alaska. Thoughts?

— We love karaoke! And the voice has been amazing to participate in. Will they have the voice on this cruise?

— Sometimes we have loved the shows and sometimes not so much. How are the shows on the Majestic right now?

Thanx!

41 minutes ago, Scubadoc said:

We are sailing on the Majestic out of Vancouver in July. So excited. First time cruising Alaska. A few questions for the veterans.

— We are excited to have our biggest balcony ever. We’re in D727, which is an aft suite with a wraparound balcony. Is that the best place to watch the sceneries on the days we did glaciers? We go to glacier bay and college fjord. Or is it better to go up on the deck somewhere?

It will be a great place to watch the scenery for some of the time, but I'd strongly suggest roaming around also. The different perspectives from up high, down in the promenade deck, different sides, etc can be mesmerizing also. You may see some wildlife off on one side that you wouldn't have seen from your balcony, and so forth. Move around, but also enjoy the tranquility of your private space. The ships spin slowly so all sides eventually get a view, but the different perspectives are fantastic from other areas. 

— I understand there’s a heated covered pool area? Is that as good as it sounds? And is it a good place to be on sea days with a good view?

It can be. It can also be crowded if the weather is cool or wet, making for not great viewing as there's just tons of people. .

— We have enjoyed the sanctuary during Caribbean cruises, but I feel like that might not be the best choice in Alaska. Thoughts?

No Sanctuary on Majestic Princess. So, moot point. 

— We love karaoke! And the voice has been amazing to participate in. Will they have the voice on this cruise? 

Should be. It's been on all our 2022 and 2023 cruises, no reason to think it won't be happening on yours 

— Sometimes we have loved the shows and sometimes not so much. How are the shows on the Majestic right now?

Subjective. We enjoy them, others may not so much, or may have seen them a lot. Worth checking out if you haven't seen them.. 

Thanx!

Enjoy! Great cabin, we love the more split living area and if course, that huge balcony is amazing.  Enjoy a few meals out there for sure!

Answers embedded in red. 

We LOVE sitting on our aft balcony as we depart Glacier Bay. We go up on deck when entering the bay and while at the glacier. Then when we are leaving, we go back to our cabin, order room service, and sit on our aft balcony as the mountains and glaciers recede. Our favorite cabins are Royal Class aft suites. Gotta love the incredible balcony!

1 hour ago, Scubadoc said:

Thanx!

Yes the conservatory pool is a covered pool and it is heated. As I always say it depends on what your definition of heat it is whether the temperature is to your liking or not.

For me I personally enjoyed viewing Glacier Bay through my personal balcony but obviously you could get some great views on Deck 7 on the promenade deck which is another great viewing place. Tons of people go up on the open deck of stairs if you could get a good spot it's great for viewing for me it's a little too crowd it from my liking but that's just my personal take.

We just got off the Majestic a couple weeks ago.  

there is no sanctuary on Majestic.  Majestic is different than the other Princess ships.  Instead they have an area called the Hollywood conservatory.  We loved that area.  And it is open to everyone, it is not a “paid” area.  It has amazing views at the front of the ship. 

The indoor pool area also has amazing views and cabana areas.  Again no extra charge for that.  

I have attached a picture of one of the cabana areas at the indoor pool.  And one of the conservatory 

We didn’t see all the shows but found the magician/comedian (forgot his name) really good.  We didn’t find the regular comedian very funny. 

138F0799-A365-4654-A97F-9F537E81C0C6.jpeg

9C215A0C-EB1E-4EA3-9FC6-5D8F53F647BD.jpeg

On 5/28/2023 at 10:45 AM, Scubadoc said:

On a recent thread. A poster noted the Sing and Sail pay-by-the-hour private karaoke rooms had been repurposed, but they still had free karaoke in the Vista. Funny. Princess has taken to nickle and diming, but the one thing we would gladly pay extra for has been taken away.

No idea about Voice of the Ocean.

If you eat at Harmony, give us a review.