Specialty dining and sushi on five

SSAtlantic

I am sure this has been answered but here goes. How does Sushi on Five work with a specialty dining package since everything is a la carte?

Also, if we have a specialty dining package for 3 of us and 2 go to one restaurant and 1 goes somewhere else (DH and DD go to sushi and I go to the Porch), is that ok?

Yes, you can go to different restaurants since each person will reserve where they are going once you’re on the ship. If you are a Captains Club member, you can make reservations through the Loyalty Desk ahead of the cruise by calling them.

Your question about Sushi on 5 and how it works with the dining package - I’m less confident about this, so I’ll leave that for someone else to answer.

7 hours ago, SSAtlantic said:

I am sure this has been answered but here goes. How does Sushi on Five work with a specialty dining package since everything is a la carte?

Also, if we have a specialty dining package for 3 of us and 2 go to one restaurant and 1 goes somewhere else (DH and DD go to sushi and I go to the Porch), is that ok?

I seem to remember you have a $30 credit and if you went over this you simply paid the ‘over’ cost. A $30 credit is enough to fill you up. I hope someone confirms this as the last few times we have been we were in a RS or PH so not part of a package.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, chemmo said:

I seem to remember you have a $30 credit and if you went over this you simply paid the ‘over’ cost. A $30 credit is enough to fill you up. I hope someone confirms this as the last few times we have been we were in a RS or PH so not part of a package.

That is what I remember as well. It has been awhile since we got a dining package.

I'll be on Summit in March 2025.  What is the surcharge for Sushi on 5?  Can you take the sushi "to go"?  3 out of 4 in our group like sushi and the 4th is more of a cheeseburger guy.  I really hate to have him eating alone while the rest of us are enjoying sushi.  We're not sure whether we'll get a dining package or not just yet.  Got some research to do on that.

25 minutes ago, olemissreb said:

I'll be on Summit in March 2025.  What is the surcharge for Sushi on 5?  Can you take the sushi "to go"?  3 out of 4 in our group like sushi and the 4th is more of a cheeseburger guy.  I really hate to have him eating alone while the rest of us are enjoying sushi.  We're not sure whether we'll get a dining package or not just yet.  Got some research to do on that.

Here is a link to the sample menu on Celebrity, not sure how up to date it is. https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/new-images/Sushi-on-Five-Menu-GNI-2-13-20.pdf

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chemmo said:

I seem to remember you have a $30 credit and if you went over this you simply paid the ‘over’ cost. A $30 credit is enough to fill you up.

You are definitely given a credit. (At least that was still true in 2021.) I can’t recall the amount, it may have been $35.  It’s never been a problem having enough food. Also, Sushi on 5 is so underutilized they will sometimes do an “all you can eat” deal. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, olemissreb said:

What is the surcharge for Sushi on 5?  Can you take the sushi "to go"?  3 out of 4 in our group like sushi and the 4th is more of a cheeseburger guy. 

Yes, they will do a to go order for you, and no surcharge, everything is 'a la carte' so you just pay the price for items you order.

We're currently on the Equinox steaming south towards Aruba. Per the Maitre-d at Sushi on 5, the "deductible" is currently $50 for those of us who have a multi-night Dining Package. Anything we eat beyond the $50 is chargeable. We'll be confirming that tomorrow when we eat there for the first time this trip.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

We're currently on the Equinox steaming south towards Aruba. Per the Maitre-d at Sushi on 5, the "deductible" is currently $50 for those of us who have a multi-night Dining Package. Anything we eat beyond the $50 is chargeable. We'll be confirming that tomorrow when we eat there for the first time this trip.

$50 Canadian $ or US $?

48 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

How do they deal with the gratuity if you’re dining with a set credit? Let’s say as an example that the credit is $50 and I spend $45 on food. Is that really $45 plus 18% gratuity so I leave owing money?

You will have already paid a 20% gratuity when purchasing the package initially. Up to you whether you want to leave anything additional.