Have it all package - drink package upgrade

cmrvancouver

Good morning 

Travelling on Koningsdam in August. We have ourchased HIA ehich includes base drink package and I am trying to find out if it is possible to upgrade to elite and the cost. Has anyone been able to do this recently? 

14 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

There have been many discussions on the topic. You can upgrade only on board, and BEFORE you buy your first beverage on the plan. I don't know the current cost...I think its about $10 per person per day.

Part of the reason for my question is someone on Facebook HAL forum indicated that was no longer possible with HIA. So I thought I would see if other's experiences were similar.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, cmrvancouver said:

Part of the reason for my question is someone on Facebook HAL forum indicated that was no longer possible with HIA. So I thought I would see if other's experiences were similar.

I remember someone posting recently that they could not 'upgrade' the HIA drink package onboard and only the stand alone Signature Beverage Package that could be upgraded.  (can't find the source at the moment!).

However, @cmrvancouver remember there are 'workarounds'.  Purchase a beverage card to use for water/coffee etc so that you don't eat (drink??) into your 15 a day allowance.  Pre purchase water/sodas etc on slow days (read embarkation day) and store in your room fridge.  Then you can always pay the price difference +18% grat for any drink that is above the €11 limit.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2023 at 1:04 PM, VMax1700 said:

I remember someone posting recently that they could not 'upgrade' the HIA drink package onboard and only the stand alone Signature Beverage Package that could be upgraded.  (can't find the source at the moment!).

However, @cmrvancouver remember there are 'workarounds'.  Purchase a beverage card to use for water/coffee etc so that you don't eat (drink??) into your 15 a day allowance.  Pre purchase water/sodas etc on slow days (read embarkation day) and store in your room fridge.  Then you can always pay the price difference +18% grat for any drink that is above the €11 limit.  

2 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Since we do now just pay the difference +18% that math should make upgrading unnecessary. 

Not the case when you had to pay the full price.

That's correct, and a very welcome change. 🍾

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Since we do now just pay the difference +18% that math should make upgrading unnecessary. 

Not the case when you had to pay the full price.

The other thing to note is that with the elite package, non-alcoholic drinks don't count toward your 15 per day limit. If you like to have a few coffees and/or soft drinks, this could make the upgrade worthwhile.

• Like 2