encore

Beautiful ship. Purpose built for Alaska, if that is where you are sailing. We sailed on the Encore last month and will be back on the Encore soon for Alaska. 

Here’s my live post from the Encore last month. 

Edited by BirdTravels

Encore is my favourite ship, an incredible ship with a huge viewing lounge front and down both sides.
The public viewing is so good we did not even use our balcony in Alaska.

• Like 2

Observation Lounge - great spot for outdoor viewing while staying nice and toastie - or nice and cool if you are trying to escape the heat 👍

Waterfront - fantastic for when you want outside but don't want the hustle and bustle of the pool deck 😎

Tons of bars / lounges / venues, and the atrium on the breakaway (+) ships is great 🙂

She was our first, and we will return to her😘

3 hours ago, wintertexancruiser said:

Tell me what you think of this ship. Our first time on a larger newer one. Tell me the dirt

Can't give you any dirt. My favorite ship. Already have done 35 nights on it. Have 21 more booked and very likely will add 7 nights more. Staff is great. Choir of Man is the best show I have seen in my opinion.

• Like 1

If you're booking a warm-weather cruise, consider the Joy, Bliss or Escape instead if the itinerary is something you like.  All of those have Spice H2O - the free adults-only area that Encore lacks.  With the exception of that and the Observation Lounge (missing on Escape) these 3 BA+ ships all have their merits and have otherwise very similar venues on the interior.

Edited by hallux
  • Like 2

Encore over Joy, barely.  Either one over Prima until we try again.

Sailing Escape in November. Love SpiceH2O, which isn't on Encore, but know we're going to miss the observation lounge which isn't on Escape.

Short version -- you'll love Encore.