Dining on the Edge

cunn9004

Sailing on Apex in September and because this will be my last cruise on an Edge class ship (no haters - going back to M class where I belong 🤣), I want to dine on Edge.  So with the sale on I went and booked it even though is gave me a reservation day of embarkation at 10:00 a.m.  

I'm assuming that they will inform us once onboard what day and time this event might take place.  Can someone confirm that please?

4 minutes ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

I assume you must have booked a dining package,  not an individual restaurant.  If so, as soon as you board call the restaurant reservation line and make the reservation you want at the time you want.

That isn't the way the Edge works.  It wasn't a package just the 1 Edge dinner.  I believe they only offer it once a cruise.  

33 minutes ago, cunn9004 said:

That isn't the way the Edge works.  It wasn't a package just the 1 Edge dinner.  I believe they only offer it once a cruise.  

Ok. Your talking abou dinner on the magic carpet.  I thought you meant the Celebrity Edge ship. In that case they put an invitation on your door the day of the dinner. We booked the chef's table and that's what they did for that.

I don’t recommend it. We didn’t like it - cold food, minuscule excuses for crab legs for the appetizer, just not worth it. Enjoy a beverage on there instead sometime and enjoy Eden or another specialty twice for what they charge for Dinner on the Edge. We were very disappointed. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'd love to hear your take on the differences between Edge and M

19 hours ago, cunn9004 said:

going back to M class where I belong 🤣),

I'd lov veto hear your take on Edge class vs. M.  It's good to hear various perspectives. We've only been on Solstice and Apex is coming up.

Thanks!

15 hours ago, Treasure Hunter said:

I highly recommend the seafood tower at Raw on Five instead

We have done 1 sailing on the Edge, 7 night in a suite. Apex next June 2024, 11 nights with friends in suites. I did not like the Edge, but going give it another try. I hope Raw on Five are open on port days. Looks like the Imperial Tower is $90 and looks great. I'll eat the tower myself. 

Ditto re Eden, even if it's just to have them fire up a steak or the lettuce salad plus terrific service. 

While on Apex in April in the Bahamas we were told dinner on the Magic Carpet is on an evening selected based primarily on weather. But, we also observed that it was extremely windy for guests on both nights (there either were two seatings, or the second was an attempt at a makeup dinner for the wind during the first).  

Somewhat on topic, if you get the specialty dining package of say 3 or 4 nights, can you use one of those for the Dinner on the Edge or is that completely separate and needs booking and paying for separately? I'm assuming you can use one of the nights for Le Voyage? 

1 hour ago, OysterD said:

Somewhat on topic, if you get the specialty dining package of say 3 or 4 nights, can you use one of those for the Dinner on the Edge or is that completely separate and needs booking and paying for separately? I'm assuming you can use one of the nights for Le Voyage? 

No, the Dinner on the Edge is not part of the dining package.