Rock hard beds on Wonder's junior suites?

Hello- I'm wondering if anyone has info on how firm the junior suite beds are on Wonder-granite slab or slightly torturous? I asked for a mattress topper via our travel agent, but I'm hoping that thye don't run out or forget. My husband and I both have back issues.

TIA

8 minutes ago, Florida Glamazon said:

Hello- I'm wondering if anyone has info on how firm the junior suite beds are on Wonder-granite slab or slightly torturous? I asked for a mattress topper via our travel agent, but I'm hoping that thye don't run out or forget. My husband and I both have back issues.

TIA

Since covid they don’t have toppers much anymore……what you might get is a comforter used for extra padding.  And yes the beds are very firm!😩😩

• Like 1

We always buy a new 2" memory foam mattress topper for each cruise, and ask our Steward if they want it after we leave - the answer is a big YES every time.

Well worth it for the both of us, even for the suites. A relatively small cost to help ensure our vacation is more pain-free as possible.

• Like 3

We ALWAYS bring a foam mattress topper for our frequent Royal cruises. That being said, we were pleasantly surprised that they did change to a much softer mattress in all rooms on Wonder. No need for a topper!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Garmy44 said:

We ALWAYS bring a foam mattress topper for our frequent Royal cruises. That being said, we were pleasantly surprised that they did change to a much softer mattress in all rooms on Wonder. No need for a topper!

DW found the bed in the handicap balcony very comfortable.  Can't see lugging a king memory foam topper around and then having to put in on.  I'm on vacation!😁

Let me start off by saying we just got off wonder, the best bed we have ever had on any royal ship. We always take a topper with us since they stopped using on ships. It was not sanitary. We have cruised all oasis class multiple times and wonder was the best sleep we have had. We did take our topper and I think we would have been ok without. We were in a regular ocean balcony room not a suite. We have left our toppers onboard but this time had no problem folding it up and putting in out big duffel bag. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Florida Glamazon said:

TIA

I have a chronic back problem and I prefer mattresses that feel like concrete.

• Like 2

On 5/29/2023 at 10:29 PM, Florida Glamazon said:

TIA

Three times on Wonder in JS/GS. I think the beds on the rest of the fleet are hard, but these mattresses seem different than the JS's in the rest of the fleet. I actually sunk into them, they were so soft. Probably a little too soft for me.

• Like 1