Just Found Out

Starwonder

I just discovered my aft veranda cabin on the Onward is one floor above the nightclub. Has anyone stayed on Deck 6 in an aft veranda? I’m new to cruising and it never entered my mind about cabin location. A friend booked the rooms. How would I go about finding out if it’s an obstructed view or near service entry doors?  Wish I’d known about this website before booking, it departs mid July. Do they charge to change rooms if there is room available after we start the cruise and I can’t relax or sleep? I’m a single so the price of this room is already really high. Anybody know how much more it costs to get the same cabin type on 7th floor? I have a headache! Any help specific to this is appreciated. I know now that you’re supposed to avoid the floor above or below the nightclub. Just wondering how bad it is on Deck 6, rear if anyone’s experienced it on Azamara Onward.

Nightclub?  Deck 5 aft is the Discoveries Restaurant.  No noise after dinner.

If you mean that your cabin is on Deck 6 forward, yes you would be over the Cabaret and noise might be a problem both during evening performances and afternoon rehearsals.

You can check for past cruiser's experiences in the cabin spreadsheet.  Note that Onward cabins on deck 6 are the same as all the other ships:

2 hours ago, Starwonder said:

I just discovered my aft veranda cabin on the Onward is one floor above the nightclub. Has anyone stayed on Deck 6 in an aft veranda? I’m new to cruising and it never entered my mind about cabin location. A friend booked the rooms. How would I go about finding out if it’s an obstructed view or near service entry doors?  Wish I’d known about this website before booking, it departs mid July. Do they charge to change rooms if there is room available after we start the cruise and I can’t relax or sleep? I’m a single so the price of this room is already really high. Anybody know how much more it costs to get the same cabin type on 7th floor? I have a headache! Any help specific to this is appreciated. I know now that you’re supposed to avoid the floor above or below the nightclub. Just wondering how bad it is on Deck 6, rear if anyone’s experienced it on Azamara Onward.

No difference in price between Deck 6 & 7, so long as both are the same cabin types. Have you looked at the deck plan to see exactly where your cabin is.

The only ‘nightclub’ (I.e. late night music venue) on Azamara is the Living Room on Deck 10 & there are no cabins directly above or below it.

Edited by Grandma Cruising
  • Like 1

We were in 6007 and 6009 above the Cabaret  and could hear the performances. It helps to choose to attend the 2nd, last performance.  Or enjoy it a second time. Our friends in 6009 used earplugs. 

5 hours ago, harrodsfan said:

We were above the cabaret and heard it till ten then it was quiet. Go to the second show!

. . . and don't contemplate having a quiet rest in the afternoon!

• Like 2