St Croix & Tortola Private Tours

brenderlou62

On 5/30/2023 at 8:42 AM, brenderlou62 said:

I did and couldn't find Virgin Islands

For future reference, You will find separate forums for Tortola (BVI), St Croix (USVI), and St Thomas/St John (USVI)…

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys!

We do not live on Tortola, it is just my favorite spot in the Carib. We’ve not sailed with Kuralu, we spoke with them once and had a day planned, but weather got in the way.

But I do know from years of research and meeting others who have sailed that Kuralu is excellent. We would not hesitate to sail with Kuralu, or with Aristocat and Patouche!

• Like 1

For an easy but amazing day, I’d suggest contacting AC’s Taxi to book a private island tour. Tortola is a gorgeous, lush island, with spectacular views of the beaches and other islands from high above. AC will also show you spots that other visitors never see, and will design your itinerary based on your wishes. His contact info is in post #7 above.

If you don’t want a private tour there will be taxi drivers at the dock offering shared tours for ~$25/pp in the 20+ passenger, open-sided safari taxis. Check with the nice ladies at the information booth or with the taxi coordinator…

Then stop at Pusser’s Pub near the dock for a pint and a bite! They also have a nice clothing line in their store there…

Other more active excursions include -

Taking the ferry to Virgin Gorda and a walk through the Baths. However that is a bit strenuous and not recommended for anyone with slight mobility issues.

The ship excursion to Jost Van Dyke, primarily for beach time in White Bay.

And of course the daysails mentioned above, or a private powerboat to visit the other islands.

Anything sound good?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, latebuyer said:

May i ask appromixetely how much ac tours is for tour of island? I’d be travelling solo so concerned about price.

You’d need to contact AC for a current quote…

The shared taxi tour may be perfect for you since you are solo…Great way to enjoy a nice tour with your fellow passengers…

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 7/3/2023 at 9:49 PM, blue_water said:

For an easy but amazing day, I’d suggest contacting AC’s Taxi to book a private island tour. Tortola is a gorgeous, lush island, with spectacular views of the beaches and other islands from high above. AC will also show you spots that other visitors never see, and will design your itinerary based on your wishes. His contact info is in post #7 above.

If you don’t want a private tour there will be taxi drivers at the dock offering shared tours for ~$25/pp in the 20+ passenger, open-sided safari taxis. Check with the nice ladies at the information booth or with the taxi coordinator…

Then stop at Pusser’s Pub near the dock for a pint and a bite! They also have a nice clothing line in their store there…

Other more active excursions include -

Taking the ferry to Virgin Gorda and a walk through the Baths. However that is a bit strenuous and not recommended for anyone with slight mobility issues.

The ship excursion to Jost Van Dyke, primarily for beach time in White Bay.

And of course the daysails mentioned above, or a private powerboat to visit the other islands.

Anything sound good?

Thank you for this recommendation. I just booked our group in Feb!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2023 at 5:19 PM, nomoredyess said:

Thank you for this recommendation. I just booked our group in Feb!!

Was it with AC?   Do you mind to share roughly (ball park) what the cost is?  We have 8 in our group and I am just trying to figure out options at this point - everyone has a different budget so it is difficult to find something that suits everyone 

6 minutes ago, hoffman1 said:

Was it with AC?   Do you mind to share roughly (ball park) what the cost is?  We have 8 in our group and I am just trying to figure out options at this point - everyone has a different budget so it is difficult to find something that suits everyone 

We have 14 and it is $50/pp with AC......I just don't know if its based on how many people you have in your group or not. He was very quick to respond to my inquiry.

Edited by nomoredyess
  • Thanks 1