Splendor Feb 26-March 7 Bridgetown to Bridgetown in a Splendor Suite

jhenry1

Thank you Taxare for your thoughtful suggestion. At this point we prefer to not fly coach anymore. I still feel that the marketing materials are somewhat nebulous about the  luxury experience with included flights. As an aside, pre virus, I remember Barbados airport as being a real PITA.  We did 2 Silverseas cruises out of Barbados and the congestion was pretty intense.

57 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

We also don't like flying coach.  In fact don't like flying at all, which is why we like itineraries out of Miami in the winter.  

Agree…100%….so now we only sail out of Miami of Fort Lauderdale. Wish Regent or Oceania offered summer sailings out of the US.  But they don’t. So we do cruises on Celebrity in a suite in the Retreat.. not bad but not Regent. 
sheila 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Agree…100%….so now we only sail out of Miami of Fort Lauderdale. Wish Regent or Oceania offered summer sailings out of the US.  But they don’t. So we do cruises on Celebrity in a suite in the Retreat.. not bad but not Regent. 
sheila 

We're in the north in the summers.  We took a nice Seabourn fall round-trip Montreal before the pandemic. We took the train between Toronto and Montreal.

• Like 1

Taxare

We booked the Hilton. Have you made any arrangements for transfers from Airport to Hotel and Hotel to ship?

I am debating booking my own air . Our best option in American from Austin to Miami with spending night in Miami going and returning just to be safe with the air. Most of the time we use Regent air but Austin is not a gateway and the flights are economy and the flights are not very long if you do the layover for night in Miami both ways. Also no stress making the next flight. Nonstop from Austin to Miami. Wondering about the transfers both ways? I just read that in 2025 Regent changed this cruise and will cruising from San Juan both ways instead of Barbados. They notified those that had booked off the change. Hoping they don’t decide to change ours. That is why I am concerned about reserving everything if they do make a ch@nge.

Jhenry, If they change our embarkation/debarkation to San Juan like they did for the 2025 cruises, we will cancel. I haven’t looked into transfers yet. We can cancel our hotel three days before arrival. We used miles for our air, so we can cancel anytime. We really like Regent, but every once in a while they do something stupid, this is one of those times……

• Like 1

My TA assured me that Regent was not changing the embarkation/debarkation port. I made our air and from Austin for basically the air credit received from Regent. Majority of the time we pay the deviation fee and go with Regent but concerned that the flights I want will not be available so decided to go forward with the booking . Regent according to TA is not going to provide transfers or hotel. So air , Barbados hotel, and excursions are completed. Just need hotel in Miami and transfers. We have a busy summer. 
Needed to clean off some of my plate.