Luggage tags?

Redtravel

Cruise is a few weeks away.  Yesterday I got email with docs.  It included the info that used to be in the blue book.  While the blue book was nice, I understand that sending email docs are easier…and also cheaper. However, I didn’t see luggage tags. Do they still send them out?   

1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

Cruise is a few weeks away.  Yesterday I got email with docs.  It included the info that used to be in the blue book.  While the blue book was nice, I understand that sending email docs are easier…and also cheaper. However, I didn’t see luggage tags. Do they still send them out?   

In the US, there are still “blue books” (though now multi-colored) with the new style luggage tags in the back pocket. We just got ours for a cruise that embarks in about 1.5 months. 
Beyond that, you also get the traditional “final docs” (cruise vacation summary) email though it now comes immediately after you complete the online checkin (w/i 21 days of embark) and receive the email with your boarding passes.

So, 3 items:

Blue book with luggage tags

Boarding passes email

Cruise vacation summary email

Final note: The blue book used to have two brochures: the preliminary cruise summary with T&Cs, policies, etc. and the available Shore Excursions descriptions. O has eliminated the Shore Excursions brochure and asks you to rely on the emailed Shore Excursions PDF instead (comes with your O invoice - though it is updated over the months prior to embark and can be obtained via a call to O).

12 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

you also get the traditional “final docs” (cruise vacation summary) email though it now comes immediately after you complete the online checkin (w/i 21 days of embark)

Or, perhaps not if you're in the UK. Completed check-in and printed boarding passes last week but, as yet, no "summary" email. Would it be telling me anything I don't already know (boarding pass tells me the where and when and our online reservation has details of excursions and speciality restaurants).

2 hours ago, Harters said:

Or, perhaps not if you're in the UK. Completed check-in and printed boarding passes last week but, as yet, no "summary" email. Would it be telling me anything I don't already know (boarding pass tells me the where and when and our online reservation has details of excursions and speciality restaurants).

The only thing I see on the "Final Cruise Vacation Summary" pdf that is not on the Boarding Document are the after hours phone numbers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Did you book with a TA?

If  so check if they got the booklet

Yes, we booked with TA. We always book with TA.  She always forwards any info.  For past O cruises, we were sent the summary booklet directly from O.  
We got our boarding passes sent directly from O today.  Just thought that O stopped printing booklets.  If we don’t get luggage tags,we can get them at the dock.  
We sail on other lines that do everything online.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Redtravel said:

Yes, we booked with TA. We always book with TA.  She always forwards any info.  For past O cruises, we were sent the summary booklet directly from O.  
We got our boarding passes sent directly from O today.  Just thought that O stopped printing booklets.  If we don’t get luggage tags,we can get them at the dock.  
We sail on other lines that do everything online.  

Just clarifying...you got the boarding pass pdfs immediately after doing online checkin (~21 day before embarkation), plus you got an email with docs such as the "Final Cruise Vacation Summary"  and "Ticket Contract" (possibly the Guest Statement and Booked Shore Excursions too...can't recall off-hand), correct?

5 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Just clarifying...you got the boarding pass pdfs immediately after doing online checkin (~21 day before embarkation), plus you got an email with docs such as the "Final Cruise Vacation Summary"  and "Ticket Contract" (possibly the Guest Statement and Booked Shore Excursions too...can't recall off-hand), correct?

Yes.  Final docs have all the info. We got that yesterday. We did the online checkin today.  After that, we were sent digital boarding passes.  On past cruises, when we did the online checkin, uploaded photos , and there was a link to get boarding passes.  The link didn’t work.  Nor were we able to upload photos. We could take the photo, but not upload it.  Message option was it could be done at the dock checkin.  It’s likely not a problem.  Regardless, we have boarding passes.  

• Like 1