Website Vent

While Regent's website isn't great, I've learned to navigate pretty it well. I do a lot of "open link in new tab" so that I can always get back to where I was if need be. It's clumsy but I don't consider it too much of a problem.

But now we're researching Med and Northern Europe cruises for next summer. And it appears that if a town is hyphenated, the website drops what's after the hyphen. So Saint-Malo and Saint-Tropez both show up as just Saint. Biarritz also shows that we'd be docking in "Saint," and I have no idea what town that is supposed to be, This happens with Port-Vendres, which simply is shown up as "Port". Pont-Aven is shown as "Pont" etc.

With some Google mapping work I can figure out most of these (not Biarritz though), but it's not too much to ask that the names of the ports are accurate.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cAPS lOCK oN said:

While Regent's website isn't great, I've learned to navigate pretty it well. I do a lot of "open link in new tab" so that I can always get back to where I was if need be. It's clumsy but I don't consider it too much of a problem.

But now we're researching Med and Northern Europe cruises for next summer. And it appears that if a town is hyphenated, the website drops what's after the hyphen. So Saint-Malo and Saint-Tropez both show up as just Saint. Biarritz also shows that we'd be docking in "Saint," and I have no idea what town that is supposed to be, This happens with Port-Vendres, which simply is shown up as "Port". Pont-Aven is shown as "Pont" etc.

With some Google mapping work I can figure out most of these (not Biarritz though), but it's not too much to ask that the names of the ports are accurate.

I have to admit that I hadn't noticed that ever before - thank you for pointing it out and we'll definitely get that fixed. Apologies for the inconvenience.

• Like 5

On 6/1/2023 at 2:01 PM, cAPS lOCK oN said:

I would guess the "Saint" port for Biarritz is Saint-Jean-de-Luz. (Can't speak from cruising experience, as we're about to do our first-ever cruise, with Regent, but I do know this corner of France fairly well.)

On 6/3/2023 at 7:33 AM, Chateaunole-du-pape said:

I would guess the "Saint" port for Biarritz is Saint-Jean-de-Luz. (Can't speak from cruising experience, as we're about to do our first-ever cruise, with Regent, but I do know this corner of France fairly well.)

That seems accurate. The good thing is that we were hoping to go to San Sebastian on a tour, and Saint-Jean looks to be 20 minutes closer than Biarritz would be.

17 hours ago, cAPS lOCK oN said:

That seems accurate. The good thing is that we were hoping to go to San Sebastian on a tour, and Saint-Jean looks to be 20 minutes closer than Biarritz would be.

The ports are listed correctly on the maps, so you can confirm using that view.

• Thanks 1

I have to agree about the website. We took a Royal Caribbean cruise for a family reunion and I was very impressed with their app. It was a joy to use and very helpful onboard. I hope Regent is working towards something similar.

On 6/3/2023 at 4:33 PM, Chateaunole-du-pape said:

yes it is : tendering !

19 hours ago, IotaEtaPi said:

I have to agree about the website. We took a Royal Caribbean cruise for a family reunion and I was very impressed with their app. It was a joy to use and very helpful onboard. I hope Regent is working towards something similar.

I somehow believe that if it's a cruise line the website "leaves a lot to be desired."  But I find the Regent website much easier to navigate than Royal Caribbean.  An onboard app, like Royal Caribbean's,  would be nice though.

I don't actually have too many complaints about Regent's website (although I started this thread by complaining about it). It's got a bit of a learning curve, but once you get the hang of it it's OK. I do wish it was faster.

I know that some people complain that there's no app, but I don't miss it at all. Mass market cruises absolutely require it for booking shows, dinners, etc. while onboard. When Virgin Voyages started cruising their app had major problems, and it was a real disaster for their passengers. But it's just not necessary on Regent IMHO.

Edited by cAPS lOCK oN
their not there. arrgh!
  • Like 2

On 6/5/2023 at 5:24 AM, Mike Moore said:

The ports are listed correctly on the maps, so you can confirm using that view.

On a related note, the Map View for VOY260127 says the cruise stops at both Nosy Be (2/6/26) and Nosy Boraha (2/8/26) in Madagascar, but the List View lists Nosy Be twice. The catalog entry has 2/8 at Nosy Boraha. I think someone let autofill do their work for them :-).

14 hours ago, RELS said:

On a related note, the Map View for VOY260127 says the cruise stops at both Nosy Be (2/6/26) and Nosy Boraha (2/8/26) in Madagascar, but the List View lists Nosy Be twice. The catalog entry has 2/8 at Nosy Boraha. I think someone let autofill do their work for them :-).

Thank you for pointing that out - I've notified the appropriate team and would expect that to be updated in the next day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...

guess they started early can't access find your cruise

GLOBAL ALERT:We will be performing maintenance to our reservations system on Saturday, August 26, 2023 between 7:00PM and 11:00PM EST. During this time you may not be able to access reservation information in My Account or use Plan My Cruise. Thank you for your patience while we perform this brief maintenance.