Eclipse multiple sea days lunch ideas (Aqua class)

zitsky

11 hours ago, keesar said:

The bad part about buffets is when you see the unsanitary actions of people.  I usually go to those staff that serve you like the carving station.  

You will enjoy the MDR.  Portion control as well!

I stay away from buffets. Some people have some dirty habits. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

we did that overnight for breakfast.  For lunch is the wait maybe 30 minutes?

Yes that's about right.  Or sometimes we go to the buffet and bring plates back to our balcony too.

16 hours ago, zitsky said:

As mentioned above Tuscan Grille might be open on some sea days.  What about Murano?  Has anyone done that?

In January on Eclipse we were told that Murano were no longer doing a lunch...

We would be happy to hear if that had changed since then...

On 6/3/2023 at 11:14 AM, zitsky said:

I’m on a cruise with 4 sea days.  Are my options for lunch buffet only?  Maybe the spa cafe?

We keep lunch very simple and try to always have it on the balcony.

The ingrediants/courses all from the buffet are variations on the following

First you need 4 empty take away coffee cups with lids:

2 of the cups are filled with soup and 2 with French fries.

Add some bread, cold meats, fruit, cheese and a fruit jello topped with ice cream.

All fit neatly on 2 large plates and having the soup/fries in sealed containers makes them easy to carry.

Don't forget the cutlery.

Once consumed "pop down" to Al Bacio and get takeaway lattes and a couple of buns/cakes - then back to the balcony. Relax and Enjoy.

9 minutes ago, the penguins said:

We keep lunch very simple and try to always have it on the balcony.

The ingrediants/courses all from the buffet are variations on the following

First you need 4 empty take away coffee cups with lids:

2 of the cups are filled with soup and 2 with French fries.

Add some bread, cold meats, fruit, cheese and a fruit jello topped with ice cream.

All fit neatly on 2 large plates and having the soup/fries in sealed containers makes them easy to carry.

Don't forget the cutlery.

Once consumed "pop down" to Al Bacio and get takeaway lattes and a couple of buns/cakes - then back to the balcony. Relax and Enjoy.

The mention of fruit jello brought back interesting memories of my childhood.  Namely my mother in Pennsylvania making fried green tomatoes when she had no business doing so.  The jello wasn’t the worst thing in the world.  

4 minutes ago, zitsky said:

The mention of fruit jello brought back interesting memories of my childhood.  Namely my mother in Pennsylvania making fried green tomatoes when she had no business doing so.  The jello wasn’t the worst thing in the world.  

I used to make it for my kids and add a can of fruit cocktail to the jello when partially set. 

4 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I used to make it for my kids and add a can of fruit cocktail to the jello when partially set. 

Please stop.  My therapist is out of town.  😂

As I’ve said elsewhere I would eat at buffets at home every day if I could.  There is a nice one about an hour from me in Meadow, NC.  I don’t remember jello but they have a lot of cakes.

But when traveling I like to be pampered so I avoid the buffet.  That and they probably have green beans or cauliflower on the menu which are my least favorite foods.  😭

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

Used to? We still have that combination regularly although of course in England it's Jelly not Jello. We also accompany it with a milk jelly (that's a Jelly/Jello made with half the amount of water and evaporated milk added for the other half of the liquid). 😀

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Please stop.  My therapist is out of town.  😂

As I’ve said elsewhere I would eat at buffets at home every day if I could.  There is a nice one about an hour from me in Meadow, NC.  I don’t remember jello but they have a lot of cakes.

But when traveling I like to be pampered so I avoid the buffet.  That and they probably have green beans or cauliflower on the menu which are my least favorite foods.  😭

The boss ( Anita) agrees with you on the pampering which is why I "volunteer" to collect the lunch. 😂😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Did a wonderful self drive road trip around part of Pennsylvania starting and ending in Jersey City.

6 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Did a wonderful self drive road trip around part of Pennsylvania starting and ending in Jersey City.

Come to SW PA in the fall.  Conemaugh Gap, Johnstown etc.  But the Pocono’s are equally nice.

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Come to SW PA in the fall.  Conemaugh Gap, Johnstown etc.  But the Pocono’s are equally nice.

Regretfully due to mobility and other health issues our days of touring by car are behind us. Our trips pre or post cruise are now restricted to staying with our grandson just north of Dallas.

What proved to be our last roadtrip was Seattle to LA sticking to the coastal road (101) with a mid tour inland break at Grants Pass.

10 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Regretfully due to mobility and other health issues our days of touring by car are behind us. Our trips pre or post cruise are now restricted to staying with our grandson just north of Dallas.

What proved to be our last roadtrip was Seattle to LA sticking to the coastal road (101) with a mid tour inland break at Grants Pass.

That 101 trip is nice.  Some wineries around there.  I have good memories of Oregon having lived there a while.