My time dining

I’m wondering when my time dining opens up for reservations. My cruise is on june 25 and there was no reservations showing last week so i switched back to traditional dining. If i am unable to make reservations can i still get seated? Also as a solo am i more likely to get seated because there may be an odd number of people.

1 hour ago, latebuyer said:

I’m wondering when my time dining opens up for reservations. My cruise is on june 25 and there was no reservations showing last week so i switched back to traditional dining. If i am unable to make reservations can i still get seated? Also as a solo am i more likely to get seated because there may be an odd number of people.

My time dining has late times only. Starts like 6:45 pm. If you already changed to transitional, you cant choose a my time dining time. Maybe that's why its not open for you next month. You cant do both.

1 hour ago, latebuyer said:

Once you make reservations for any of the MDR seatings (1st, 2nd, or MTD), the system blocks out a 2 hour window where you can't book anything else.

We were told by the restaurant manager a while ago that MTD is the default back up dining option if you miss your scheduled seating (like an excursion that comes back late, etc.), so when we don't quite feel like conforming to our originally scheduled seating, we just go up to the MTD no reservations line when we are ready to eat and wing it.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

If you have any problems with your dining time, go see the Maitre'D when you first board. THere are usually many people there either looking to change what they already have or do something different. Most times, you will be accommodated.

Cheers

Len

45 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

Thanks, i always thought you couldn’t go to mytime if you had traditional dining so thats good to know.

I've read some were turned away. As someone said your mileage may vary if they are full. 

17 hours ago, orville99 said:

We were told by the restaurant manager a while ago that MTD is the default back up dining option if you miss your scheduled seating (like an excursion that comes back late, etc.), so when we don't quite feel like conforming to our originally scheduled seating, we just go up to the MTD no reservations line when we are ready to eat and wing it.

That is certainly not true on most ships! They will not let you use MTD if you are booked into traditional! Tried it many times - were always turned away and told to got to WJ!

3 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

That is certainly not true on most ships! They will not let you use MTD if you are booked into traditional! Tried it many times - were always turned away and told to got to WJ!

In more than 100 cruises on RCL on every class of ship, we have never been turned away from MTD if we went there regardless of where our dining was originally scheduled.

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

In more than 100 cruises on RCL on every class of ship, we have never been turned away from MTD if we went there regardless of where our dining was originally scheduled.

Same here so I guess 2 of us are special.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

You must have been special... because all of the people on the right-side line in this picture all got seated in MTD (no one being turned away) even without an MTD reservation (meaning they all had Traditional dining reservations)... 🤷‍♂️

This was on a Sea Day on Liberty otS. 

image.png.be1188d4018144246bdf2e71b59e0c30.png

6 minutes ago, buffet24 said:

You must have been special... because all of the people on the right-side line in this picture all got seated in MTD (no one being turned away) even without an MTD reservation (meaning they all had Traditional dining reservations)... 🤷‍♂️

Reservations are optional when selecting MTD.  Not having a MTD reservation does not mean they are all traditional dining.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, buffet24 said:

This was on a Sea Day on Liberty otS. 

image.png.be1188d4018144246bdf2e71b59e0c30.png

The “no reservation” line on the right is for the people who have My Time Dining but did NOT make a reservation before boarding.  

It would not be for the people who have Traditional dining who decided to try My Time Dining….

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, orville99 said:

Were you booked under MTD on your invoice or under the early or late traditional dinner time with a reserved table? 

Ok, so I see what you guys are saying... so I do need to clarify further...

I actually had Traditional at 5:30 but was easily able to change to MTD for 7:15 for the entire cruise while on board... While the Right-side line may have been for non-reserve MTD but no one was ever being turned away there every time we were in line...  and with a 4100+ pax cruise...  I cannot imagine everyone in that right-side line had non-reserve MTD...

image.png.f8669035a571e4aecd1c9b80ee5c6065.png

9 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:
On 6/3/2023 at 11:45 AM, orville99 said:

That is certainly not true on most ships! They will not let you use MTD if you are booked into traditional! Tried it many times - were always turned away and told to got to WJ

Hmmmmm...That is shocking to hear as many times as I have read about you saying all you need to do is complain,(Throw a tantrum), no one will ever deny your request , and you will eventually get your way 

Cheers

6 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

Hmmmmm...That is shocking to hear as many times as I have read about you saying all you need to do is complain,(Throw a tantrum), no one will ever deny your request , and you will eventually get your way 

Cheers

Was not an issue at all!

But I love how you continue to try to stir the pot!

Keep trying honey!👌😘

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

Cheers

I believe you have me mistaken with someone else.

3 hours ago, latebuyer said:

Can i ask when reservations open for mtd so i know for next time.

Good question. We have our dining booked all the way through our November cruises (and we made those last month), but they are not available yet for our February 2024 cruises.

2 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

Were you booked under MTD on your invoice or under the early or late traditional dinner time with a reserved table? 

Typically choose the late seating. At least that’s the one they assign when we make the booking.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

I am late to this topic and have a question about MTD.  We only cruised Royal once, and we had traditional dining.  We recently cruised Carnival whose MTD involves having the app on your phone. You go to the app and request a table.  They then message you when your table is ready.  Usually the wait was short, and we did not have to dine at a set time each evening.  We recently booked a great 12 day on Royal and signed up for MTD.   Please confirm that my understanding is correct that at some point, we will be able to select a specific time for MTD ( reservation ). If this is correct, do we make it for every night or does the one selection secure our reservation for each evening of the cruise?  If we need to reserve a time for each evening, is it permissible for it to be different times?  Lastly, at what point do we make the reservations?  I  apologize for so many "dumb" questions.  I just want to get it right.  We don't sail until April, and I want to do what I need to do when I need to do it.  We booked online without the use of a TA or PVP like we did 5 yrs ago.  Maybe we should have utilized one. In the meantime, I appreciate your help.