REFERRAL CREDIT QUESTIONS

FetaCheese

I took advantage of this offer.  I referred friends ( new to V)  with whom we will be traveling.  I had already paid for my cruise the prior day (far in advance, of course).  Friends did receive $200 credit.  I received $200 credit on invoice, and the V cust. service agent issued a refund to my card.  Refund was processed next day. Very impressive.

My question:  will I be able to refer my sister (also new to V), and will both of us receive still receive referral   She paid in June of 2022, for her river voyage sailing Aug. 2023.  Is is too late?

Any info on referral credit experience will be appreciated.

11 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

I took advantage of this offer.  I referred friends ( new to V)  with whom we will be traveling.  I had already paid for my cruise the prior day (far in advance, of course).  Friends did receive $200 credit.  I received $200 credit on invoice, and the V cust. service agent issued a refund to my card.  Refund was processed next day. Very impressive.

My question:  will I be able to refer my sister (also new to V), and will both of us receive still receive referral   She paid in June of 2022, for her river voyage sailing Aug. 2023.  Is is too late?

Any info on referral credit experience will be appreciated.

Maybe ask Viking? Just a thought.

• Thanks 1

I know that on booking Viking Ocean you must ask for the referral for new passengers. I had booked  first , then my SIL and  husband booked I got the referral  and so did they . I got a voucher credit for my next cruise. I thought it was $100. pp. 

do not know how Viking River bookings work. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve gotten several referrals after someone has booked (like on the phone) but not yet paid anything.  They asked for a revised invoice when they got ready to pay for the voucher reflective of the referral.  I’m interested in learning if you have any luck with your sister’s booking.  

As my Daddy used to say, they can’t say yes if you don’t ask. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Referral credits were explained to me this way by my Viking agent. I have previously sailed with Viking, or I have cruise booked, not necessarily paid in full. My friend will need to mention my name as they book a Viking cruise for the first time in order to get the referral credit. The policy states that the friend needs my guest number, but I don’t even know where to find that, and have never needed it for referral credits in practice. 
Here’s the policy from Viking. There is a PDF here too.  https://www.vikingcruises.com/about-us/referral-rewards.html?gad=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwyeujBhA5EiwA5WD7_YMcygJjsrYlk00ZG7qCIml1VtAGcUhJC10eaSVsALja0ust9BQ3WhoCmcsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edited by CDR2001
  • Thanks 2

On 6/3/2023 at 4:26 PM, Clay Clayton said:

I’ve gotten several referrals after someone has booked (like on the phone) but not yet paid anything.  They asked for a revised invoice when they got ready to pay for the voucher reflective of the referral.  I’m interested in learning if you have any luck with your sister’s booking.  

As my Daddy used to say, they can’t say yes if you don’t ask. 

Clay

Called my sister and got her booking #.  Called V, cust service rep gave sister $200 referral credit.  Was told she'll have to call in to request refund.

Rep gave me $200 referral credit, but not refundable.  I'll receive an email notification closer to sailing, and will be an OBC.  Just fine by me.  Hoping it'll go thru properly.  A very nice cust service rep.

13 hours ago, FetaCheese said:

Clay

Called my sister and got her booking #.  Called V, cust service rep gave sister $200 referral credit.  Was told she'll have to call in to request refund.

Rep gave me $200 referral credit, but not refundable.  I'll receive an email notification closer to sailing, and will be an OBC.  Just fine by me.  Hoping it'll go thru properly.  A very nice cust service rep.

11 hours ago, FetaCheese said:

Sister requested invoice on MVJ (she booked direct, never transferred to my TA, unfortunately was too late).

Credit is on her invoice!

Good news!  How long between booking and this referral?

2 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Good news!  How long between booking and this referral

Sister's sailing is Aug. 2023. She booked in June 2022.  Didn't think V would give credit this late, but they did.

Edited by FetaCheese

Update:

Called V cust service yesterday, re: my referral credit for referring my sister.

Asked rep to check my account.  She said my credit is now available.  Told rep that I didn't really understand prior rep's explanation of receiving it as a OBC closer to sailing.

This rep said I could hold it for a future cruise, or apply credit to current booking.

I asked for it to be applied to current booking, and could it be refunded to card.  Yes.

Just checked Credit card, and V refund is a pending transaction.  

Excellent, competent customer service.

Edited by FetaCheese
Clarity
  • Like 2