question for CPAP users

As a CPAP user, I've grown tired of playing the "find the outlet" game and running extension cords all around my stateroom. Thinking of buying a CPAP battery and using that as my main power source. No cords needed.

Just wondering if anyone here has tried that.

Thanks.

Edited by craig01020

Or just buy a power cord for your unit that is 15' long.  

image.jpeg.fa9b7b5ea18510379c7dee88940dd890.jpeg

https://www.amazon.com/Compatible-Samsung-Toshiba-Insignia-Replacement/dp/B0919NKXN2/ref=sr_1_8?crid=3SSINSPHL3W9Q&keywords=long+power+cord&qid=1685828864&sprefix=long+power+cor%2Caps%2C115&sr=8-8

This one is 15' long and it's not an extension cord.  It is a power cord.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

https://www.amazon.com/Compatible-Samsung-Toshiba-Insignia-Replacement/dp/B0919NKXN2/ref=sr_1_8?crid=3SSINSPHL3W9Q&keywords=long+power+cord&qid=1685828864&sprefix=long+power+cor%2Caps%2C115&sr=8-8

This is what I have and use on the ship. It plugs into the power supply and actually becomes part of your machine so no one can hassle you about having an extension cord. 
I also use a magnetic hook to keep it along the wall and out of the floor. 

Edited by HicksRA
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HicksRA said:

This is what I have and use on the ship. It plugs into the power supply and actually becomes part of your machine so no one can hassle you about having an extension cord. 
I also use a magnetic hook to keep it along the wall and out of the floor. 

I've already done both of those things. Last cruise 15 feet wasn't long enough. Thanks for answering a different question than I asked though.

Edited by craig01020

21 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

I've already done both of those things. Last cruise 15 feet wasn't long enough. Thanks for answering a different question than I asked though.

Thanks for your rude reply……

I thought it might help others besides just you.

Edited by HicksRA
  • Like 7

52 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Thanks for your rude reply……

I thought it might help others besides just you.

Agree. Son In Law uses a Machine and been using long Ext Cord provided by Ship. Will share your advice with them as we are doing multiple Cruises this Fall. Thank you

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, craig01020 said:

As a CPAP user, I've grown tired of playing the "find the outlet" game and running extension cords all around my stateroom. Thinking of buying a CPAP battery and using that as my main power source. No cords needed.

Just wondering if anyone here has tried that.

Thanks.

Yes, I have a resmed air mini with a battery for travel. After spending $$$$ for the battery, I have used it a sum total of once. So far, on ships, I find it easier to plug in as those above mentioned. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, twangster said:

Thank you for letting us know about this extension cord we didn’t know they existed most helpful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The irony is that I have a battery pack that can power a laptop or medical equipment.  It was picked to be compliant so I can fly with it so it's size and rating is legal to bring on a plane.  

I was going to come back and add to this thread but I'm not into rude posters so when I came back to add more comments I stopped and instead expanded my ignore list.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I was going to come back and add to this thread but I'm not into rude posters so when I came back to add more comments I stopped and instead expanded my ignore list.  

Good thing everyone knows you've added to your ignore list!  My day is now complete.

Back to the OP... 1) I agree, a 15' cord may not be long enough and isn't a good solution. 

2) I have no experience with CPAP battery systems, but as long as a) it can run the CPAP overnight and b) get fully charged during the day, no reason why it shouldn't work.

3) I recommend magnetic hooks that you can attach to the ceiling and drape extension cords (provided by the ship) through so you're walking UNDER the cords. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, twangster said:

The irony is that I have a battery pack that can power a laptop or medical equipment.  It was picked to be compliant so I can fly with it so it's size and rating is legal to bring on a plane.  

Hopefully you wont mind answering a question for me. I have a resmed 11, are you using the cord you posted above with a resmed by chance?

1 hour ago, FPP777 said:

Hopefully you wont mind answering a question for me. I have a resmed 11, are you using the cord you posted above with a resmed by chance?

My wife has a Resmed and I have a Phillips Dream Machine. We each use one of those cords. If you’re still undecided, just take a look at yours where the cord (bottom half) plugs into your power supply and compare to the pic. 

5 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

My wife has a Resmed and I have a Phillips Dream Machine. We each use one of those cords. If you’re still undecided, just take a look at yours where the cord (bottom half) plugs into your power supply and compare to the pic. 

My hubby and I have both been recently diagnosed with sleep apnea so we both have Cpap machines.  Will it been an issue getting the extension cord for both of us.  We are sailing on Radiance in August and I know they only have one outlet on the desk.  

16 minutes ago, luv2cruise668 said:

My hubby and I have both been recently diagnosed with sleep apnea so we both have Cpap machines.  Will it been an issue getting the extension cord for both of us.  We are sailing on Radiance in August and I know they only have one outlet on the desk.  

It can be an issue. That’s why I have two of the cords Twangster posted. 

image.png

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Thanks. I trust its the same. I just ordered one. Thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FPP777 said:

That part of the cord is generic.  It will work for multiple devices.  You just need to make sure the end that plugs into your power supply matches the socket.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, luv2cruise668 said:

Radiance has two 110v outlets plus two 220v power ports.  This was in an interior cabin:

On 6/3/2023 at 5:51 PM, twangster said:

This says it’s for Xbox? This will work? Because that would be so much easier for DH

2 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

This says it’s for Xbox? This will work? Because that would be so much easier for DH

I suspect the Amazon market for Xbox users who also need a longer power cord is far greater than the market for CPAP users.  So Amazon resellers advertise it as such. 

No one here can advise you on the machine in your family but if the end of the power cord looks the same it may be worth spending the money to find out.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, twangster said:

I suspect the Amazon market for Xbox users who also need a longer power cord is far greater than the market for CPAP users.  So Amazon resellers advertise it as such. 

No one here can advise you on the machine in your family but if the end of the power cord looks the same it may be worth spending the money to find out.  

Thanks…. I just had him check the one he brings to travel. and it looks like it would fit!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

It doesn't matter what its for.  So long as the shape of the cord where it plugs into the power supply matches.  This part of the power cord is not specific to a machine or brand, its generic.  From the box to the machine, it would be much more specific, in general.  This cord is much like the cords used for amplifiers, cd players, dvd players, etc.  Very common, used man places.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, twangster said:

Radiance has two 110v outlets plus two 220v power ports.  This was in an interior cabin:

Have you ever used those things you can plug into the 220v power port and they convert them to 110v outlets.  I meant to get those for the last cruise and forgot to get one.  That would of helped with another outlet for a Cpap.  Do you remember what they are called?