Bourbon and Bottles a live review on Oasis of the seas - June 9th

35 minutes ago, dpostman said:

I just had to read the door sign to this room and a knew I would find you in here 😉

image.thumb.png.8fe49b660de8585b68d1f3ea5bcda77f.png

I suppose I'll just have me a bit of Yellow Spot (on a Monday) in honor of all Y'all and pull up a chair.

image.thumb.png.978663eefb1ea05abb08172cf744f10e.png

dp

Love the Yellow Spot! If you got a Costco near you this is the best $18.99 bottle of small batch from Barton distillery you can buy. Great stuff and it’s a 1 liter.

IMG_1647.thumb.jpeg.fd4c34fe3e77e7fdb21abf3b7d434235.jpeg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Love the Yellow Spot! If you got a Costco near you this is the best $18.99 bottle of small batch from Barton distillery you can buy. Great stuff and it’s a 1 liter.

IMG_1647.thumb.jpeg.fd4c34fe3e77e7fdb21abf3b7d434235.jpeg

Thanks for the tip.   I do actually have a Costco nearby but sadly, here in New-Brunswick, Spirits are only sold in crown corporation retail outlets.  The one advantage is that because of their bulk purchasing power, they have access to some bottles that are sold on a limited supply.  Example: because ANBL purchases 100 cases of cheap X bourbon, they are allowed to purchase a few cases of very rare limited supply Y Bourbon.  Same reason places like Total Wine have access to some very exclusive stuff.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Roybthered said:

We sailed last year on Oasis from NJ on the same route and had our 6 year old Granddaughter who went the Kids Club and loved it. Checked in and out, lots to do from games to crafts and she loved it. Took her there for an hour to see how she liked it on the first day and she stayed for another and did at least 2 hours a day.

Thanks 

Also for those of you that are new here, I plan on booking two cruises day one to take advantage of the free sparkling wine from next cruise. I also plan on putting leftovers in a water bottle that will look suspiciously like pee. 

IMG_1975.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

58 minutes ago, tokidoki said:

Thx for taking me along. As I cruise in august, same itinerary!  The big ? I have is when we’re u able to book shows! Thx🛳🛳🛳

If you get shut out before the cruise, you have the opportunity to book as soon as you get on board. They free up a whole new bunch of seats for the water and ice shows. I did it two weeks ago with no problem.

3 hours ago, DeerJod said:

Sorry to disappoint anyone interested in the fine arts, but we will not be going to see CATS on this trip.

Grandma is planning to see CATS and will let you know what she thinks.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, mets123 said:

FYI... They had Blanton's for sale on the Oasis two weeks ago. It wasn't on display, but if you asked the person behind the register, he would get it for you. It was $110, but I didn't get any because I got three bottles in San Maarten in February for $80 each.

I've soured on Blanton's because of this. Don't get me wrong it's great but it's not worth the cost when the entry level of the distillery, Buffalo Trace, is usually 1/3 the price and is wonderful. My wife is from Bourbon country she grew up 8 miles from Makers Mark and I've found Blanton's for $90 five miles from a place trying to sell it to unsuspecting bourbon trailers for $140. $110 in a duty free on the ship is price gouging. It's at the CLT airport for $82 duty free for international travelers. The St. Maarten price was very reasonable. Here in Charlotte it's rarely ever found but recently went for retail at $60 during special grand opening of an ABC store. I've heard it can often be found at $60 in big cities. The distributors here in the southeast tell me buffalo trace distillery allocates according to population. So we get shafted in the smaller population centers. I do often get annoyed at Buffalo Trace family of brands for what I think is driving artificial scarcity with their product. Here even the entry level buffalo trace is hard to get so I grab it whenever i find it. When we go back to Kentucky you better believe I'm bootlegging a minivan full for friends and neighbors. I transfer to my bourbon aficionado friends at my cost but you can probably resell it here for nearly twice the cost because the stores rarely have it and when they do they only allow one per customer. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, DeerJod said:

You know it’s getting near when you prep your luggage tags.

IMG_3270.jpeg

I learned the hard way not to prep the tags too early or leave them in the sleeves too long after boarding. Love the sleeves, just wish the ink wouldn't cling to them.

38 minutes ago, LATTELOVE said:

YAYY!!

We are on this cruise too.

So ready to party. 

A little concerned with the smoke coming down

from Canada, but hoping it will be a better day on Friday.

Let's get the party started!

You guys driving or flying? The smoke has dissipated quite a bit in New York. 

13 hours ago, DeerJod said:

You guys driving or flying? The smoke has dissipated quite a bit in New York. 

We are driving.

The last time we saw something similar to the smoke

was during an eclipse some years back.

But this one is more like a horror movie.

Hoping a better sail away tomorrow.