Bourbon and Bottles a live review on Oasis of the seas - June 9th

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from DeerJod! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

DeerJod was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Hello cruise critic community, it’s been about 8 months since my first ever live review and I decided to come back for more. Hopefully you appreciate a bit of snark flanked with positive vibes and a photo heavy review. 

This cruise will run the boring New Jersey to Florida to Nassau to cococay route. What is slightly unique is that this is a Friday to Friday cruise which means we get back and have a few days to readjust to real life before work on Monday.  

This is my 3rd time on oasis but my second ever cruise as diamond. I’m joined with the rest of my family, DW, DS (6 ish), and DD (1 year old)  who all inherited diamond status instead of clawing up the ranks like I did.

We’re also joined by some in-laws, but truthfully do you really care? I do since it gives me some free babysitting but I’m sure I can skip the introductions and you all will manage just fine.

I promise that although this is a “family” cruise there will be more than enough bourbon, gambling, and other areas of interest to make this a worthwhile follow.

I’m also planning on determining the correct concoction of Advil, Liquid Iv, Celsius, alcohol, and Dramamine to survive a multigenerational cruise, I’ll take copious notes and ensure you’re all welcome to the final formula.

Feel free to drop questions below if there’s anything you want me to check out.

IMG_3258.jpeg

IMG_3261.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Accommodations: We are doing connecting Central Park balconies, this is my first time with a connecting room and the first time doing Central Park.

At $1600 per room ($3200 total for all 4 of us) this felt like a steal considering the price of suites that offer similar square footage. 

We’re pretty close to the trellis bar, so I’m excited to have some music to listen to on the balcony as well as the ability to shout down my drink order.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

I might go on this cruise in September so I will be following your post. Waiting until 90 days out to see what the pricing is.  Flights are cheap. I'm not too concerned about the itinerary, more want to see this ship. 

I will be on the same cruise with my DD to celebrate her college graduation. DH and I began cruising with our girls when they were 3 and 5 and they love cruises. Hard to believe one is now entering the working world after this trip. 😁 We are both excited about Oasis as it will be the largest ship we’ve cruised on. Enjoy your cruise with your family and let’s hope for great weather!

2 hours ago, DeerJod said:

Accommodations: We are doing connecting Central Park balconies, this is my first time with a connecting room and the first time doing Central Park.

At $1600 per room ($3200 total for all 4 of us) this felt like a steal considering the price of suites that offer similar square footage. 

We’re pretty close to the trellis bar, so I’m excited to have some music to listen to on the balcony as well as the ability to shout down my drink order.

the ability to shout down my drink order.    LOL  🤣

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, tennislvr8 said:

I'll be on her when you are done with her. If you use the kids club or whatever it's called I'd like pictures and your thoughts. Sailing with my GD (4) and GS (9).  Thanks and enjoy. 

You got it ! 

• Like 1

I will be following along as also a bourbon lover. Unfortunately last March on Oasis the bourbon selection was slim. No Makers Mark anywhere. I hope it's improved for you. Let me know what they are stocking on board and have a great time.

Cheers!

45 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I will be following along as also a bourbon lover. Unfortunately last March on Oasis the bourbon selection was slim. No Makers Mark anywhere. I hope it's improved for you. Let me know what they are stocking on board and have a great time.

Cheers!

I'm on board, and Maker's Mark is everywhere.  🙂 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DeerJod said:

Have not been on Oasis, but have been on Allure, deck 11, Central Park, and loved it.  We enjoyed sitting on the balcony listening to the music in the evenings. We also ordered/picked up breakfast, several times and ate on the balcony.  Enjoy your  cruise.

1 hour ago, DeerJod said:

Speaking of bourbon, I stopped into the local to get some cheap wine to bring on board and snagged a 12 year 1792 for $60, a complete and utter steal. 

IMG_3263.jpeg

Nice Rip 10! That’s my favorite of all the Pappy line.

3 minutes ago, DeerJod said:

Ty the “lot b” is hiding just behind it. 

I have that also. It’s very good but somehow my palate likes the Rip Van Winkle 10 a little better. Still waiting to get my hands on the 15 year.

Cheers!

4 minutes ago, DeerJod said:

Happened to find an 8 year and 9 year in a small place in South Carolina both were just over retail. 

I have a 6 year in the bunker. Would not mind one of the older ones. Good to hear you found them in SC. I am retiring there in a couple years and I am worried about the bourbon availability. Moving from the Dallas/Fort Worth area where we can get most things.