Best room on Norwegian Pearl for a family of 4 with two teen girls aged 13 and 16

A little extra room would be nice because although the girls generally get along, they sometimes bicker. I don't mind paying more, but I also don't want to waste money for no reason. What are the best room options for a family this size with kids this age? 

You might want to check out either a Family Balcony or two connecting rooms.  With connecting rooms, you would have to have an adult booked in each room.

Enjoy The Pearl, She is a wonderful ship.

I have done similar to this by just booking two inside cabins, and adult in each.  Once on-board we went to the front desk and said we were traveling as a group and wanted a card to get into each others room.  They were able to provide this, and it was a wonderful way to cruise!

Take a look at Deck 8 Fwd/Mid - depending on your budget and how much you are willing to spend extra, consider booking an obstructed oceanview, usually not much more than an Inside (that would be near the stairs & elevators) for the 2 teenage girls to sleep in (request ahead at the time of booking to have the beds separated) and get yourself one of the available balcony nearby.  For booking purposes, an adult needs to be in each cabin, plus one of the teenager - once onboard, go to Guest Services to get a Room access key only ... (it's done all the time for families traveling & split into different cabins)

Or, book an Inside on Deck 9 or Deck 10, etc. across the hallway with the Balcony ... during the day and while at sea, all 4 of you can spent "quality" time together on the balcony.  **** Depending the cost of the Club Balcony (mini)Suite, you might want to use the savings from not having a 2nd balcony and spent it on the slightly bigger "club" balcony - double sink/shower-tub combo.  Club Balcony will also get you one free bag of laundry done, at no extra charge with a MSRP bag special of $29.  

Plus, you'll have 2 bathrooms to share among the 4 of you ... and less money than 2 balconies.  And, P.S.  welcome to CC.  

Edited by mking8288

a 2 bedroom suite will work wonders on any ncl ship you choose, plus you get all the perks that accompany the suites. we have taken our grandson on many cruises when  he was 12 thru 18, and (1) he enjoyed the kids club until he turned 13 and then the entourage designed especially for teens (2) he  was jazzed at being able to utilize the 24 hr on call butler to order pizza to the cabin. 

the 4 of you will get to eat breakfast and lunch at the private dining rooms, priority embarkation and disembarkation, if the sisters get a little restless with each other the pull out sofa is very comfortable.

The last time we sailed on the Pearl, we had and balcony cabin for my husband and I and the 2 kids were across the hall in an inside cabin. No issues. We will be doing the same when we are back on the pearl next summer.

If you can swing it I agree with the others and go with the 2br family suite.  If you look below in my signature I did a trip report when we did the Pearl to Alaska in the 2br suite.  I have pictures and a video of the cabin in the report.  I believe the only thing different is the suite no longer has the tub in it and there is no longer an upsell line to call for upgrades.   

• 2 months later...
On 6/8/2023 at 7:31 PM, jimsig said:

If you can swing it I agree with the others and go with the 2br family suite.  If you look below in my signature I did a trip report when we did the Pearl to Alaska in the 2br suite.  I have pictures and a video of the cabin in the report.  I believe the only thing different is the suite no longer has the tub in it and there is no longer an upsell line to call for upgrades.   

Hello, we are looking at the 2 br suite on the pearl next December. What sizes are the beds?  The foldout sofa in the second bedroom is it a queen or smaller? There is one twin bunk? The bed in the bigger bedroom is one bed and it's a queen correct?  Thank you

We were on the Dawn in one of these suites and they are fantastic. There are three rooms - a master bedroom with bath, a secondary bedroom with bath, and a living/dining room with a couch a couple of chairs and a table with chairs. The two bedrooms can be shut off from the living room by doors. These are also suites so you get butler and concierge service as well as breakfast in Modernaro and lunch in Cagney's. While the soaking tub in the master bath was nice, they have replaced it with a huge shower with multiple heads. While it is a bit more expensive than a balcony and an inside, having everybody together is priceless.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 1:07 AM, alyslee said:

Hello, we are looking at the 2 br suite on the pearl next December. What sizes are the beds?  The foldout sofa in the second bedroom is it a queen or smaller? There is one twin bunk? The bed in the bigger bedroom is one bed and it's a queen correct?  Thank you

I find the 2nd bedroom to be fine for one person, but too tight for two. The fold out bed is not a true bed; it is a hard couch that folds open. I would estimate it is the size of a double bed. It's hard as a rock and needs padding to make it even halfway palatable! The second bed folds out from the ceiling and appears to be a normal bunk. Depending on the size of your kids, and if they tend to bicker, I think being in quarters that tight may be an issue. It really is a small room. 

The bed in the main bedroom is a queen, and very nice. My suggestion as others have mentioned would be two rooms.

Edited by KateQ22003

Best approach would be to price out the both options, larger room with suites or 2 connecting rooms. We had two connecting rooms for our family one time. There was myself, hubby, son and father in-law. It was very helpful to have the additional bathroom.