Final bill

jennjess

I have just cruised with NCL and in the app I saw my final bill which looked correct but more money has been taken from my credit card.  Trying to find a copy of the final bill but the app does't show it anymore.  Doesn't seem anyway to find it online. Will they send me a copy by email automatically or do I need to get them to send it to me?

2 minutes ago, Norwayfan1 said:

A copy was emailed to me automatically. It was time-stamped in the early hours of disembarkation morning.

I haven't received anything as yet.  I may have to call them for it.

I had the same confusion - NCL puts a hold on your payment method, to ensure you can cover the bill.  The final bill charges at the end of the cruise but it is NOT a conversion of the hold so you may see what seem to be two charges.  The hold should drop in a couple days, and this is why it's not a good idea to use a debit card for the on-board expenses.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jennjess said:

I have just cruised with NCL and in the app I saw my final bill which looked correct but more money has been taken from my credit card.  Trying to find a copy of the final bill but the app does't show it anymore.  Doesn't seem anyway to find it online. Will they send me a copy by email automatically or do I need to get them to send it to me?

If the charge(s) show as pending still, then I would not worry about it yet.  The cruise lines often do “test” transactions that are to verify you have enough credit available as you make charges on the ship.  After the cruise, they will fully process one transaction for the full, final amount.  The other “test” transactions fall off/go away without ever getting processed.  Eventually, they disappear.  I’ve seen that take up to a week on my credit cards. 

Edited by MeHeartCruising

3 hours ago, jennjess said:

You need to differentiate between authorizations and actual charges (which you will not see for several days). Throughout the cruise, NCL will run authorizations to ensure that you can pay your bill. In several days, you will see the actual charge posted. 

Normally on the afternoon of disembarkation, you will get a final bill in email, so long as you requested it. 

wrt authorizations, your bank, not NCL determines how long they tie up your credit. Usually hang around about a week for us. 

Edited by BirdTravels

I think all of the reserved amounts have been removed now, but the amounts actually taken do not correspond with the final bill I saw on the app.  I wish there was a way to see that again.  If there was a way to have them email me the bill then I missed it.

I just checked the disembarkation instructions from last week (still in my handbag!!!).

They state that, if a passenger requested an e-mail copy (either at pre-registration or via the app on board), they will get their final statement that way.

For any passengers who did not make that request, a paper copy of the final statement would be delivered to cabins by 4am on the morning of disembarkation.

11 minutes ago, Norwayfan1 said:

I just checked the disembarkation instructions from last week (still in my handbag!!!).

They state that, if a passenger requested an e-mail copy (either at pre-registration or via the app on board), they will get their final statement that way.

For any passengers who did not make that request, a paper copy of the final statement would be delivered to cabins by 4am on the morning of disembarkation.

Well I didn't get a final statement delivered to my cabin or an emailed one and can't see the one in the app anymore either.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jennjess said:

Well I didn't get a final statement delivered to my cabin or an emailed one and can't see the one in the app anymore either.

I think that app stopped working at the stroke of midnight!!! 

I know you have probably done this, but check email spam/junk folder..? It amazes me what important documents randomly end up in mine.

If not, then I guess NCL have overlooked this. 

1 minute ago, Norwayfan1 said:

I think that app stopped working at the stroke of midnight!!! 

I know you have probably done this, but check email spam/junk folder..? It amazes me what important documents randomly end up in mine.

If not, then I guess NCL have overlooked this. 

It's strange that you can't look up a former cruise either online or in the app.  I've requested a copy of the bill via the contact page online.  Let's see what happens.

2 hours ago, hallux said:

The email comes from noreply, they don't have the name on the email account configured properly so it may get moved to spam or junk as suggested.

No it's not in any spam box as I've checked.  Just wasn't sent out it seems.

I am 100% sure I never got an email with my bill from my cruise a few weeks ago even though I had registered for one. And yes I have checked spam folder! 

I did however check the account on the last evening and it looked fine and it was the right amount that was taken from my credit card so I didn't bother trying to find my bill. I do find it very odd that it's not in Cruise history or My account though!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, crdtrnr said:

I always go to gs on the last night and get a paper print out of my statement..and look it over.  It is easier to catch and correct errors before the last morning. 

same here.  

47 minutes ago, crdtrnr said:

I always go to gs on the last night and get a paper print out of my statement..and look it over.  It is easier to catch and correct errors before the last morning. 

We do too. Sometimes we have problems with unused OBC we need to resolve 🤨

Other times I take a picture of tv screen final.

Edited by Sand and Seas
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

We do too. Sometimes we have problems with unused OBC we need to resolve 🤨

Other times I take a picture of tv screen final.

hmmm, never thought about taking a picture of the tv screen.  I guess I could also take a screen shot of the app version on my phone

On 6/5/2023 at 5:01 PM, Asawi said:

I am 100% sure I never got an email with my bill from my cruise a few weeks ago even though I had registered for one. And yes I have checked spam folder! 

I did however check the account on the last evening and it looked fine and it was the right amount that was taken from my credit card so I didn't bother trying to find my bill. I do find it very odd that it's not in Cruise history or My account though!

Yes I also checked the account on the last day and it looked fine.  The amount off the credit card though does not.  The reserved amounts have come off but the actual billed amount does not correspond with the bill I saw.  Needless to say it is higher.

14 minutes ago, jennjess said:

Yes I also checked the account on the last day and it looked fine.  The amount off the credit card though does not.  The reserved amounts have come off but the actual billed amount does not correspond with the bill I saw.  Needless to say it is higher.

If you don't receive one, submit a case to NCL and they will promptly email you a copy of your final invoice.

9 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

If you don't receive one, submit a case to NCL and they will promptly email you a copy of your final invoice.

I have done so, let's hope it doesn't take too long.  Interested to know what the extra charge is for.

18 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Yep.  Please let us know if you can.

I received a copy of my bill today, so well done to guest services for the fast response, but there IS a difference between what is on the final bill and what has been billed.  I have now requested an explanation and a refund if appropriate (I believe it is).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jennjess said:

I received a copy of my bill today, so well done to guest services for the fast response, but there IS a difference between what is on the final bill and what has been billed.  I have now requested an explanation and a refund if appropriate (I believe it is).

Glad they got it to you quickly.  I see you're from Amsterdam.  Could this be an issue with exchange rates?