MSC Meraviglia Live Cruise 6/18 Yacht Club

snmathe

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from snmathe! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

snmathe was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

As promised, I am going to be doing a live posting while on our cruise that is TWO weeks away!! I cannot believe we are getting closer to our embarkation date. I wanted to create this first post to introduce myself and give a little background of my travel history. 

This is my husbands and my mini moon trip! We were gifted this trip and so excited to try MSC Yacht Club. This will be his second cruise and my fifth! I've sailed twice on Royal Caribbean and twice on Carnival. We are getting married this weekend (I will post pics if you all want 🥰) and then after that we will be packing! When I start packing next week, I will share some of the things we are bringing. We are going to be making the drive from Ohio to New York. I will be documenting along the way as well. I am so excited for this cruise because my husband, Travis, proposed to me in Nassau, Bahamas December 2021. It was also on a cruise so being able to go back and celebrate our marriage there is an awesome full circle moment.

While on the ship, we will be in the Yacht Club. I will mostly be documenting my experience in there. I am someone who loves doing research before traveling. It was hard to research the Yacht Club because I felt as if no one has truly documented their experience while on the Meraviglia. Now even though we will be in the Yacht Club, that doesn't mean we won't be venturing off to other parts of the ship. I will be posting menus from the Yacht Club and pretty much anything else you all would like to see. We are staying in an Interior Room so I will make sure to explain the pros and cons of having this room.

My husband and I are both in our late 20s, but I have been writing travel blogs for a while. I have learned from my mom and dad who are well traveled and have been on many cruises. Even though this blog will be from the eyes of someone in their 20s, I still will make sure it is informative and gives you all the tips you may need to have the best cruise!

Let me know if there is anything specific you'd like for me to cover. T-14 days until we set sail🥳

P.S. I put some pictures below of when Travis proposed to me in the Bahamas!!!

IMG_0795.JPEG

IMG_0789.JPEG

IMGP0554.JPG

• Like 4

Congratulations!  We'll be in the YC in November on the Meraviglia, so I’m excited for anything you can share 😊 

Enjoy your wedding and would love to see pics ❤️

• Like 1

Congratulations on your wedding!  Enjoy your day.

I'll be following along on your post as I'm sailing in September in the YC on the Meraviglia.  First time on MSC although I'm an experienced cruiser.

• Like 1

Hi, I'm sailing a couple of weeks later.. Driving in too.. I'm curious about the embarkation for yacht club, BUT.. before that, the traffic to even get into the port. A few previous reports state there is no direction on the blocks leading to the port, so every block is a bottleneck. Also, google maps can put you on a bad - dead end path.. Have a great time - THEN post.. lol..

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ravensrockdc said:

Hi, I'm sailing a couple of weeks later.. Driving in too.. I'm curious about the embarkation for yacht club, BUT.. before that, the traffic to even get into the port. A few previous reports state there is no direction on the blocks leading to the port, so every block is a bottleneck. Also, google maps can put you on a bad - dead end path.. Have a great time - THEN post.. lol..

Mike, Let's hope my GPS (Rich) gets us there with no hiccups 😉

Have a great trip!  We were in an interior a few weeks ago.  For us, the storage was more than adequate, but we travel light (one carry on each).  If you need "multiple daily outfits with co-ordinating accessories" you might want to cut back a bit.

One thing about the interior....when you leave your cabin there's a "mini elevator...just for the YC".  You'll be upstairs, at the pool deck, in less than a minute.  We did not miss having a balcony...not at all.  They have breakfast and lunch buffets on the pool deck...freshly grilled dishes brought right to your table.

After doing YC once....I'll always do YC!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

You'll be upstairs, at the pool deck, in less than a minute.  We did not miss having a balcony...not at all. 

100% this! People don't seem to get how the balcony is used so much differently in YC than you would in the rest of the ship. I would have been happy staying in the YC inside. Did you have interest in upgrading when you boarded or was it not available? I did that as the YC balconies were not sold out on my sailing in April. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sbcs5390 said:

People don't seem to get how the balcony is used so much differently in YC than you would in the rest of the ship.

I probably use the balcony more in YC than I should in the rest of the ship. Especially after being onshore it's great to just grab a beer in the included minibar and sit on the balcony for a while.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sbcs5390 said:

100% this! People don't seem to get how the balcony is used so much differently in YC than you would in the rest of the ship. I would have been happy staying in the YC inside. Did you have interest in upgrading when you boarded or was it not available? I did that as the YC balconies were not sold out on my sailing in April. 

I believe the balconies were sold out on my 4/29 sailing.  We were on Deck 16....walk out of the cabin and you're in the lounge!  I liked the location so much I booked an interior on the same deck for May 2024.  The price differential for the balcony isn't worth it to me....unless the price was really right.

IMHO....interior YC cabins are the best bargain at sea!

• Like 2

We have 3 days until our wedding and 12 days until our cruise! Here is my first tip while preparing for your cruise to get here. JOIN THE FACEBOOK ROLL CALL PAGE TOO!!! I cannot stress this enough. I think it's sometimes more active than cruise critic. And you get info instant. 

When I sailed on Carnival a couple years ago, people on the Facebook page organized a teacher meet and great. I decided to do the same and I am now planning a teacher bar crawl 😂 this is another way to join the pages because you can connect with others beforehand and plan fun things like this! You can plan a meet and great for various things, not just professions. Think of a TV Show you love, post about it in the Facebook group and plan a meet and great at a bar. Like everyone who loves The Office, let's plan a pub crawl for Office fans! Most bars also have Mocktails too if you don't drink.

I am also an introvert. So it's very hard for me to make friends while on the cruise. This relieves some of that anxiety planning things ahead so I know I can go out and mingle and not have to worry about how I will start conversations. Also making a crawl with people who have things in common with me, will allow me to always have a topic in common with the people their. This will help tremendously with my anxiety 😅

If you have favorite drinks from bars on the ship, please let me know 🙂 I will be planning our bar crawl and will post it here next week in case you want to use it for a crawl on your cruise!

• Like 2

My wife and I are both teachers and are also on the June 18th cruise. We are in the YC for the July 9th sailing but signed up at the last minute for this cruise to just relax after school finishes on June 16th.  We are also celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary.   It's hard to believe that was 30 years ago.  Enjoy your wedding. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, snmathe said:

We have 3 days until our wedding and 12 days until our cruise! Here is my first tip while preparing for your cruise to get here. JOIN THE FACEBOOK ROLL CALL PAGE TOO!!! I cannot stress this enough. I think it's sometimes more active than cruise critic. And you get info instant. 

When I sailed on Carnival a couple years ago, people on the Facebook page organized a teacher meet and great. I decided to do the same and I am now planning a teacher bar crawl 😂 this is another way to join the pages because you can connect with others beforehand and plan fun things like this! You can plan a meet and great for various things, not just professions. Think of a TV Show you love, post about it in the Facebook group and plan a meet and great at a bar. Like everyone who loves The Office, let's plan a pub crawl for Office fans! Most bars also have Mocktails too if you don't drink.

I am also an introvert. So it's very hard for me to make friends while on the cruise. This relieves some of that anxiety planning things ahead so I know I can go out and mingle and not have to worry about how I will start conversations. Also making a crawl with people who have things in common with me, will allow me to always have a topic in common with the people their. This will help tremendously with my anxiety 😅

If you have favorite drinks from bars on the ship, please let me know 🙂 I will be planning our bar crawl and will post it here next week in case you want to use it for a crawl on your cruise!

Omg, that was you 👍❤️. Recently retired after almost 25 years in elementary, primarily upper grades special education. I am absolutely down for an educator bar crawl- one of the sea days maybe?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, umpisoccer said:

My wife and I are both teachers and are also on the June 18th cruise. We are in the YC for the July 9th sailing but signed up at the last minute for this cruise to just relax after school finishes on June 16th.  We are also celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary.   It's hard to believe that was 30 years ago.  Enjoy your wedding. 

Yes please join us! And thank you so much

22 hours ago, Kteacher said:

Omg, that was you 👍❤️. Recently retired after almost 25 years in elementary, primarily upper grades special education. I am absolutely down for an educator bar crawl- one of the sea days maybe?

Yay!! I was thinking the second night! That way it’s still early enough in the cruise for everyone to settle in and then get to know everyone 

So I’m in full wedding mode until Sunday! And then I’ll be in vacation prep mode. I’m going to post things that I’ll be packing. Is there anything specific you’d like me to show you all? I’m not a light packer by any means 😅 so I will definitely be showing you how to maximize the tiny space you have when you want to bring a lot of things! We also invested in our own scuba gear and I’ll show everyone that and post links where we got everything. Let me know if there’s anything else ❤️

• Like 1

Our last cruise before the pandemic was 14 days on the Meraviglia in the Yacht Club and we loved it. You're going to have a wonderful time. What a great way to treat yourselves! Oh, and congratulations and I hope your wedding is fantastic. 😀

• Like 2

On 6/8/2023 at 7:23 PM, snmathe said:

So I’m in full wedding mode until Sunday! And then I’ll be in vacation prep mode. I’m going to post things that I’ll be packing. Is there anything specific you’d like me to show you all? I’m not a light packer by any means 😅 so I will definitely be showing you how to maximize the tiny space you have when you want to bring a lot of things! We also invested in our own scuba gear and I’ll show everyone that and post links where we got everything. Let me know if there’s anything else ❤️

Ideas for shoes would be great haha 😄 I always spend so long agonizing over less or more and how many dressier options are worth the luggage space.

Hats off to you for planning both wedding and honeymoon at the same time! Due to work, our honeymoon was quite a bit after the wedding and I can only imagine how much more there is to do when they're (almost) back-to-back the normal way!

• Like 1

We wish you a long, healthy and happy marriage. We will be on the ship with you. We are in a balcony stateroom. We are avid cruisers and this is our first time on an MSC ship. 

Ralph and Gina

• Like 1

All the best for your special day! How exciting! Yes! Please post wedding pictures. Always a joy to see.

I’ll be following along, as we haven’t been on Meraviglia before although we have stayed in YC inside, balcony and also duplex suites on other MSC ships. 

• Like 1