Viking Vela

photopro2

20 hours ago, deec said:

I will be very curious to see if the larger v/DV staterooms actually feel any larger

20 hours ago, Hobson1754 said:

Me too - we’re sailing on Vela May 2025. I’m of the opinion that we probably won’t notice any difference.

If they put the added foot between the closet and the bed, it would make a noticeable difference to me. 

• Like 3

On 11/4/2023 at 2:00 PM, Hobson1754 said:

Me too - we’re sailing on Vela May 2025. I’m of the opinion that we probably won’t notice any difference.

We are on the Vela May 2025 as well, Viking Homelands (May 4th). Which cruise are you on? We booked while onboard our recent Iceland cruise. That was our first Viking cruise and we thoroughly enjoyed it! I’ll check the roll calls, now that is available!

17 minutes ago, jkadventures said:

We are on the Vela May 2025 as well, Viking Homelands (May 4th). Which cruise are you on? We booked while onboard our recent Iceland cruise. That was our first Viking cruise and we thoroughly enjoyed it! I’ll check the roll calls, now that is available!

We’re on May 18th - Stockholm to Bergen, think you will be getting off as we’re boarding. That will be our 4th Viking cruise. Hopefully that will be as good as the others🤞

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

If they put the added foot between the closet and the bed, it would make a noticeable difference to me.

I am fairly sure that the extra space in all cabins comes as a result of the ship being wider across (in the beam is the nautical term I think) so will only add a little distance across between the cabin door and the balcony rail in each cabin rather than in the direction you are hoping for.

On 11/6/2023 at 5:59 AM, photopro2 said:

I am fairly sure that the extra space in all cabins comes as a result of the ship being wider across (in the beam is the nautical term I think) so will only add a little distance across between the cabin door and the balcony rail in each cabin rather than in the direction you are hoping for.

No that is exactly where I need it to be added.  The space between the bed and the closet is about the same width as my shoes are long so makes it difficult for me to use the closet.  Though I have to admit, on Saturn over the summer, being able to sit on the bed and put stuff in the new drawers was nice😂

• Like 2

On 11/7/2023 at 8:09 PM, Clay Clayton said:

No that is exactly where I need it to be added

You are right of course Clay.

I don't know how I managed to completely misread your original post but I'm just going to put it down to old age and move on...... 😁

Expanding the gap between the bed and the closet would certainly be a good use of the additional space.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

I hope not, they are perfect to me!

We are still waiting to take our first Viking Ocean cruise.  We have had one canceled because we caught Covid and the second Viking called us a couple of days before with a move over offer we could not turn down.  Basically all our money back with a free alternate cruise with upgraded JS cabin / booze package for free.

As a result I have been watching videos and people are saying how hard the beds are and the toppers are very inconsistent.  I much prefer Tempurpedic like foam mattresses.

8 minutes ago, zalusky said:

We are still waiting to take our first Viking Ocean cruise.  We have had one canceled because we caught Covid and the second Viking called us a couple of days before with a move over offer we could not turn down.  Basically all our money back with a free alternate cruise with upgraded JS cabin / booze package for free.

As a result I have been watching videos and people are saying how hard the beds are and the toppers are very inconsistent.  I much prefer Tempurpedic like foam mattresses.

Then you likely won't like it. I like a very firm bed so I'm very happy with them.  Can't speak to the toppers....never asked for one. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zalusky said:

I wonder if they will improve the comfort of the beds that many complain about?

Unlikely.  My gut feel talking to people is the majority love them!  Only a small group seem to complain - and they can always get a a soft pad put on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CCWineLover said:

Unlikely.  My gut feel talking to people is the majority love them!  Only a small group seem to complain - and they can always get a a soft pad put on.

The YouTube review I saw mentioned that the only toppers on the Viking Mars were thin and would flatten easily when you lay on them as compared to denser foam toppers.

For you guys it doesn't appear to be a problem.  I think If I were to book a longer cruise it would be a concern for me.image.thumb.png.5e7fff7b528ab776493edc3f7d6e73b1.png

3 hours ago, zalusky said:

The YouTube review I saw mentioned that the only toppers on the Viking Mars were thin and would flatten easily when you lay on them as compared to denser foam toppers.

For you guys it doesn't appear to be a problem.  I think If I were to book a longer cruise it would be a concern for me.

May I suggest you contact Viking, let them know about your concern and ask for a couple of toppers be in place when you board. You can then adjust or modify as needed through your stateroom attendant. Hopefully, you'll be quite comfortable. Enjoy your long-awaited trip! 🍺🥌

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CurlerRob said:

May I suggest you contact Viking, let them know about your concern and ask for a couple of toppers be in place when you board. You can then adjust or modify as needed through your stateroom attendant. Hopefully, you'll be quite comfortable. Enjoy your long-awaited trip! 🍺🥌

Thanks I plan to but it’s not till 2025 so I have time to read everybodies stories in advance.

• Like 1