Equinox TV - Can I connect my iPad to it to watch my downloaded movies?

graceinga

Hi Everyone -   We just booked our first ever Celebrity cruise!  We sail on the Equinox on 8/13.  Does anyone know if we can connect our iPad to the stateroom TV to watch movies I have downloaded?   What cords or things would I need if it is possible.  Thanks so much! 

The TV's currently offer two options.

First and easiest -  On the TV main menu there is a menu item called "Streaming Services".   Click that and it will pop up a window with a passcode number.   From you iPad select you app that has streaming and click the streaming icon.    It will find you TV and have a block to enter the passcode.  Bam... you connected.

Second - takes some equipment.   You will need a firewire to HDMI  Cable

image.thumb.png.d7ed6d5d7b589b4a2122ed00cb4d72be.png

Connect the to iPad and TV

Follow the following movie instructions.    I generally find this method to give best quality.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

The TV's currently offer two options.

First and easiest -  On the TV main menu there is a menu item called "Streaming Services".   Click that and it will pop up a window with a passcode number.   From you iPad select you app that has streaming and click the streaming icon.    It will find you TV and have a block to enter the passcode.  Bam... you connected.

Second - takes some equipment.   You will need a firewire to HDMI  Cable

image.thumb.png.d7ed6d5d7b589b4a2122ed00cb4d72be.png

Connect the to iPad and TV

Follow the following movie instructions.    I generally find this method to give best quality.

Do all the Celebrity tv's have this option do you know?  I don't recall on Equinox but on our Connie cruise last year the tv's were very old and didn't have any menu options available.  ps - thanks for the tips

30 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Do all the Celebrity tv's have this option do you know?  I don't recall on Equinox but on our Connie cruise last year the tv's were very old and didn't have any menu options available.  ps - thanks for the tips

It is not available on all ships.  Constellation does not have it.  @cruisestitchreported that it was not available on another ship that she was on recently which I cannot remember.

Edited by mahdnc

4 hours ago, ymncruise said:

This is so helpful! I guess this would work with an iPhone too?

iPhone - PC, as well as things like Roku and Firestick if using the HDMI instead of casting.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mahdnc said:

@cruisestitch reported that it was not available on Eclipse this past April (link)

I didn't find the menu item for casting on my cruises earlier this year but at least on Apex it was available.  

If it's not on the screen if you use the remote process and select the second icon for casting.   Not as easy because you have to identify you individual tv and about 8 are listed all the same.   Trial and error.

If unavailable I would use the HDMI port. 

On the screen shots.  I had to change my language to English. 

IMG_1952.thumb.jpeg.0a00f72285ae558765498c75eae87043.jpeg

IMG_1954.thumb.jpeg.0abe469eb46c9e590447ba34af187b26.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1