2 hours ago, renza said:

If there is a sticker or tag on it that says it is UL certified 

That is interesting. I got a fan that looks almost identical and didnt realize some might get confiscated. I will be sure to look for that label.  Thanks!

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife had a nail clipper ,not scissors in a pocketbook that was taken away.

Man O Man, those must have been some huge nail clippers.  Hell, you can have scissors up to 4 inches in length.  What were they thunk'in?  

35 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife had a nail clipper ,not scissors in a pocketbook that was taken away.

I guess all manicures have to done in the spa.  

I've taken scissors on board with no problems.  Odd they took away clippers.

3 hours ago, moposh said:

I guess all manicures have to done in the spa.  

I've taken scissors on board with no problems.  Odd they took away clippers.

Makes me wonder, do "they" take away fingernail clippers OR did Mrs. @lenquixote66 fall victim to an untrained and/or power-hungry 'rent a cop"?  I don't know but it sure doesn't sit well with me.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, renza said:

If there is a sticker or tag on it that says it is UL certified 

Will the UL sticker mean it is ok or not?  When I had a fan taken (not exactly like the one I posted for a visual), I was under the impression no fans were allowed.  I was wondering if the rules had loosened.  Thank you for the response.

1 hour ago, cruisefun77 said:

Will the UL sticker mean it is ok or not?  When I had a fan taken (not exactly like the one I posted for a visual), I was under the impression no fans were allowed.  I was wondering if the rules had loosened.  Thank you for the response.

Unfortunately, the "Prohibited Items List" is so generalized, it makes it almost meaningless.  No help whatsoever for issues like this.    

Try searching Amazon for a travel pedestal fan. I LOVE them because they fold up small for the suitcase but unfold and telescope up tall enough to be on the floor. This way they need to be on a table and very flexible where they can be put.

i cruise with a battery operated fan. it does not plug in. when i cruised on the oasis last month out of NJ, security told me to take it out of my bag for them to inspect the fan. very strange

On 6/5/2023 at 9:43 PM, cruisefun77 said:

Are these allowed?  I've made it on with them and had them taken too...... TIA

image.png.d36a901199df5d8cce7d631495e7ea48.png

Is this plug in only or battery as well?  I assume they could be considered fire hazards if lithium rechargeable and left plugged in and running?   IDK.  

I’m surprised they don’t explicitly ban any such lithium batter type of appliance just out of extreme caution.  The fires they create are insanely difficult to contain.  Larger lithium batteries will burn for potentially days even after suppressing it.   Not a good scenario on a ship.  

23 minutes ago, topnole said:

Is this plug in only or battery as well?  I assume they could be considered fire hazards if lithium rechargeable and left plugged in and running?   IDK.  

I’m surprised they don’t explicitly ban any such lithium batter type of appliance just out of extreme caution.  The fires they create are insanely difficult to contain.  Larger lithium batteries will burn for potentially days even after suppressing it.   Not a good scenario on a ship.  

The battery in a fan of this size is virtually the same size as a phone battery.

I am not sure how successful the cruise lines would be if they banned all cell phones.

19 hours ago, cruisefun77 said:

If the tag says it is UL certified it is allowed 

On 6/6/2023 at 1:00 PM, cruisetorelax44 said:

no need. just ask your stateroom attendant for a fan. they've never let me down...

I always request a fan before my trip.  And they aren’t always available.  Depends on the ship.    
January I had requested a fan. And they didn’t have one for me.  They asked me if I wanted to go buy one for me at port.  PR.   I said I’ll manage.   

22 hours ago, cruisefun77 said:

This is from RCs social media account... Screenshot_20230607_174850_Messenger.thumb.jpg.2d8db250eb18ed999d2c3a0d7df7faeb.jpg