Washy Washy

lv2cruisgrl

8 minutes ago, PROCRUISE said:

Seems that it is Celebrity that is having ongoing trouble with Norovirus. However, the lack of adequate hand washing has always been a people problem on cruise ships!!

It was Princess ships in the news before this one.  And I believe it was a Holland ship before that.  It's nothing specific to Celebrity.  And if you think about how many cruises sail without any outbreak, you realize it isn't nearly as common as the news may want us to believe.  

Anytime you put large numbers of people together in a fairly small space (on land or on ships), especially for longer periods of time, there is a risk that illness can be spread.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, prmssk said:

It was Princess ships in the news before this one.  And I believe it was a Holland ship before that.  It's nothing specific to Celebrity.  And if you think about how many cruises sail without any outbreak, you realize it isn't nearly as common as the news may want us to believe.  

Anytime you put large numbers of people together in a fairly small space (on land or on ships), especially for longer periods of time, there is a risk that illness can be spread.  

To wit, C-19 after start up... and to some degree, still.

In health and bon voyage

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tyler414 said:

The bad Celebrity news continues... having a bit of buyers remorse after booking two future Celebrity cruises, it may get worse after my Virgin Voyages cruise in two weeks.  😨

@Tyler414, about a month ago I followed the blog of a long-time HAL cruiser who was on board Westerdam for several segments. He came away disillusioned at the deterioration of the HAL experience he’d come to love over the years, and “promised” to seek out other lines going forward. 

IMO all of the mass market lines are struggling with “come back” issues following the shutdown. As a result, folks are looking for that next “pot of gold” when it comes to the cruise experience that fits them. Not a simple, easy search! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Tyler414 said:

The bad Celebrity news continues... having a bit of buyers remorse after booking two future Celebrity cruises, it may get worse after my Virgin Voyages cruise in two weeks.  😨

I've taken a lot of cruises, never been on one I didn't enjoy.  I've looked at Virgin, but their short cruises out of MIA just don't float my boat.  Add that to the fact that I think there are only so many "drag" shows I could handle in 4-5 days. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, BEAV said:

@Tyler414, about a month ago I followed the blog of a long-time HAL cruiser who was on board Westerdam for several segments. He came away disillusioned at the deterioration of the HAL experience he’d come to love over the years, and “promised” to seek out other lines going forward. 

IMO all of the mass market lines are struggling with “come back” issues following the shutdown. As a result, folks are looking for that next “pot of gold” when it comes to the cruise experience that fits them. Not a simple, easy search! 

Agree, it is not an easy search. My wife and I had been sitting and waiting to see how things will shake out and recently booked a cruise for this coming January (it will be four years since our last cruise). We know that there will be 'some' issues, but hope that by then they will be minimized. Add in the fact that we have to fly and we all know some air lines have been having issues, it can be a bit overwhelming to start again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I've taken a lot of cruises, never been on one I didn't enjoy.  I've looked at Virgin, but their short cruises out of MIA just don't float my boat.  Add that to the fact that I think there are only so many "drag" shows I could handle in 4-5 days. 

It's a Mediterranean cruise, so not Miami.  I've come to the point in life where I don't do things I don't enjoy.  Men dressing up as women is one of them, I'll simply avoid that...

• Like 2