Amawaterways

Catherine1799

I am considering Amawaterways (Prima) to be exact in late September. I have been looking for reviews on Ama and all of them seem to be from a long time past. 

Some are Good but the ones that are not are very bad.  If anyone has sailed recently on Amawaterways please chime in so I can decide.  I have to decide by June 8, 2023.  I cannot go on another cruiseline.  Has to be Ama due to certain restraints.  Thanks in advance. 😉

Edited by Catherine1799
spelling

• 1 month later...

I remember finding this thread days after they said they needed an answer, Im betting it was moved here later.

But I dont know what "bad reviews" they have found, the feedback here has always been universally positive and I've done 5 cruises with them have a 6th booked for 2025(!) and can completely recommend them without caveat.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, CastleCritic said:

But I dont know what "bad reviews" they have found, the feedback here has always been universally positive and I've done 5 cruises with them have a 6th booked for 2025(!) and can completely recommend them without caveat.

Completely agree.

We've technically done 3 with Ama, but to us it's 2, because one was a B2B. And we are currently looking at Amsterdam to Basel (or reverse) for Spring '25.

33 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

Completely agree.

We've technically done 3 with Ama, but to us it's 2, because one was a B2B. And we are currently looking at Amsterdam to Basel (or reverse) for Spring '25.

Ahhh, I will let you know how Basel to A'dam is.  Booking that for 12/26 given all the positive feedback.

• 5 months later...

If you can slide it open it under a single bed….probably. Though I want to say I’ve had at least one room where the bed was on a platform. 

usually the trunk they use to store the topper they use to make the 2 singles into a queen will be under about half the bed. 

I’ve always put my suitcase in the closet but I bring a mammoth suitcase. 

a larger issue may be having enough room to slide it out to use it depending on what room you reserved and whether the beds are the queen or 2 singles. 

• Like 1

We've done two Ama cruises:  AmaCello and AmaPrima and are scheduled for a 2025 cruise on the Seine.   It's always been a good time ( though we are with a group that typically gets most of the ship).

27 minutes ago, flyingron said:

We've done two Ama cruises:  AmaCello and AmaPrima and are scheduled for a 2025 cruise on the Seine.   It's always been a good time ( though we are with a group that typically gets most of the ship).

@Gthenewsgirl73 And I suggest that you stay away from a ship that has a large group on board.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, flyingron said:

I never noticed the odd people having any problem.   We welcomed them into what we were doing.

Not my experience. The 2 groups on board my Ama cruise were very insular.

On 1/8/2024 at 6:44 AM, gnome12 said:

Not my experience. The 2 groups on board my Ama cruise were very insular.

Agree with gnome12. Try the Ama Facebook page for comments about travellers enjoyment.

On 1/6/2024 at 12:36 PM, jfehrenb said:

Quick question -- do the beds on AmaWaterways river cruise ships, specifically the AmaBelle, accommodate medium sized and opened suitcases underneath?

Have not been on Amabelle, but we have on AmaPrima and AmaCerto.  We have stored 2 30 inch soft side duffles on wheels under the bed.  When the top is empty, you can push them flat enough to squeeze in.  They are also somewhat narrow, so they fit.  We upgraded to a 28 inch Travelpro (12 inches deep) last year, and it was too wide to fit under the bed open with another suitcase.  

2 medium suitcases should fit.   Another thing on Certo was they had a drawer or box on wheels under one side on the bed.  It took up all the space under that side of the bed.  It slides out at an angle, and we used it to store back packs, carry on luggage.  I think the room steward uses it for extra supplies or the decorative pillows, etc at night when they make the bed up for evening.  

• Like 1