Sharing bottle of wine

jandan3

We will be sailing with a premium beverage package. Our friends who will join us for dinner will not have a beverage package. If we bring a bottle of our own wine to the table can we share it with our friends?  

My wife and I are sailing together with a classic package.  Our 21-year old daughter (who doesn't drink) will be sailing in a separate room with a zero proof package.  We can each bring can bring 2 bottles of wine on board.  I understand that if she brings her bottle to the dining room, they would charge her a corkage fee, right?  But would anyone know if I brought her bottle?  Is there any way they are keeping track of who already brought their bottle limit to the different dining rooms?

56 minutes ago, bigAWL said:

My wife and I are sailing together with a classic package.  Our 21-year old daughter (who doesn't drink) will be sailing in a separate room with a zero proof package.  We can each bring can bring 2 bottles of wine on board.  I understand that if she brings her bottle to the dining room, they would charge her a corkage fee, right?  But would anyone know if I brought her bottle?  Is there any way they are keeping track of who already brought their bottle limit to the different dining rooms?

As I understand it, under last years beverage policy update, if you have either the CBP or PBP, there is no corkage fee applied.

I would go so far as to say that, the Sommelier or Beverage Server would only be concerned if you have one of those packages and not worry about how many bottles you bring to the table over the duration of the sailing.

So go ahead and bring the bottles as your DD would possibly be charged.

Cheers and bon voyage

edited to add: you can always slip them a few $ to not even think about it further, if you become nervous... in which case, take a few extra bottles and by the time you have consumed them.... LOL

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bigAWL said:

Kind of along what Bo said . . . .

The worst thing that can happen is that they do charge the corkage fee for her bottle(s).  If they do, I wouldn't make a fuss.  If they don't, then enjoy and move on.  You're ahead either way,.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1