Pre cruise sale - beverage package, etc.

I see that the beverage package is 75.99per day (it was $80 recently).  it is also BOGO half off.  I'm the only adult in my cabin so that doesn't really do me any good.  But I was wondering if anyone knew that if I can get half off a non-alcoholic package?  I mean I may just get my son the soda package but would still save like $100.  Does it ever go lower than $75.99? not sure if I should wait or just get it now .  Thanks. 

Edited by Cruisegirl138

You can still get the BOGO price (that will be 75.99) as a solo.  It’s just a sales gimmick to make it sound like a special deal.  It works out to a 25% discount on whatever they list as the on board price.  And no, you can’t apply that to the non-alcoholic package.  Separate products, separate pricing.. 

Edited by poocher

1 minute ago, poocher said:

You can still get the BOGO price (that will be 75.99) as a solo.  It’s just a sales gimmick to make it sound like a special deal.  It works out to a 25% discount on whatever they list as the on board price.

oh I thought it was the sale price plus bogo. does it ever go lower than that do you think?  not sure I should wait. 

You have to read pricing carefully.  It does say that the 75.99 price reflects all discounts.  As I said, that amounts to a 25% discount off an on board price of approximately $104.00.  Black Friday often gets the best discounts but there’s no way to tell besides checking FREQUENTLY.  That price is pretty average IMO.  Not a great sale but every cruise/sailing has its own pricing.  Only you know what an acceptable price is for you.

Edited by poocher

11 minutes ago, poocher said:

You have to read pricing carefully.  It does say that the 75.99 price reflects all discounts.  As I said, that amounts to a 25% discount off an on board price of approximately $104.00.  Black Friday often gets the best discounts but there’s no way to tell besides checking FREQUENTLY.  That price is pretty average IMO.  Not a great sale but every cruise/sailing has its own pricing.  Only you know what an acceptable price is for you.

Thank you. I haven't cruised in quite a long time and never got a beverage package so this is totally new to me.  

52 minutes ago, Cruisegirl138 said:

Thank you. I haven't cruised in quite a long time and never got a beverage package so this is totally new to me.  

To do the math you need to guesstimate how much you are going to drink on a daily basis.  With waters and Lattes in the morning It has always worked out pretty well for me.  There was a spread sheet that someone had posted that was really useful in determining the cost effectiveness of the package.  I seem to not be able to find the link though.  Perhaps someone else might post it.

Edited by Tree_skier

I usually check a couple times a week on pricing, as their “sale” cycles tend to be something like Tues-Fri and Sat-Mon (or some slight variation). Often times it just bounces between two price points, but last year I got the cheapest beverage packages the week before Halloween ($5-10/day cheaper than Black Friday prices came in at even).

But don’t pay attention to the % off they have listed, just look at the actual pricing and compare to that as their “math” is often a bit off - for example last year on Navigator on board price of DX is $102/day, CP had it as $76.99/day claiming it was 30% off, but mathematically it’s really ~25%. 

9 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

To do the math you need to guesstimate how much you are going to drink on a daily basis.  With waters and Lattes in the morning It has always worked out pretty well for me.  There was a spread sheet that someone had posted that was really useful in determining the cost effectiveness of the package.  I seem to not be able to find the link though.  Perhaps someone else might post it.

My math usually comes in at if I have 5 alcoholic drinks (which spread throughout the day is reasonable to me -each person decides that for themselves their own way), plus fresh OJ at breakfast, americano or similar at Promenade/Latte-tudes, plus waters whenever I want to grab them I’ve met or come darn close to the package pricing. I never try to “come out even or ahead”, I, usually looking at it as a budgeting before versus bill at the end factor. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JK805 said:

I usually check a couple times a week on pricing, as their “sale” cycles tend to be something like Tues-Fri and Sat-Mon (or some slight variation). Often times it just bounces between two price points, but last year I got the cheapest beverage packages the week before Halloween ($5-10/day cheaper than Black Friday prices came in at even).

But don’t pay attention to the % off they have listed, just look at the actual pricing and compare to that as their “math” is often a bit off - for example last year on Navigator on board price of DX is $102/day, CP had it as $76.99/day claiming it was 30% off, but mathematically it’s really ~25%. 

Thanks that sounds about right.  So this sale is about $5 off per day. Not sure it will get much better than that. But they tack on like $100 in gratuities on it as well. It’s a lot!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JK805 said:

My math usually comes in at if I have 5 alcoholic drinks (which spread throughout the day is reasonable to me -each person decides that for themselves their own way), plus fresh OJ at breakfast, americano or similar at Promenade/Latte-tudes, plus waters whenever I want to grab them I’ve met or come darn close to the package pricing. I never try to “come out even or ahead”, I, usually looking at it as a budgeting before versus bill at the end factor. 

Ahh so that makes sense. I can get bottled water too at anytime?  I drink a lot of water. And juice is no longer complimentary?  See, last time I cruised it was. All but soda I thought. So this may make it worth it. Cause I’m just not a roll out of bed and start throwing back shots type of person lol. I don’t even know the average price per drink on a cruise anymore.  I live in NYC so always guesstimate on the higher end anyway.  

9 minutes ago, Cruisegirl138 said:

Thanks that sounds about right.  So this sale is about $5 off per day. Not sure it will get much better than that. But they tack on like $100 in gratuities on it as well. It’s a lot!  

True, may not get that much better for pricing. But you can always cancel and rebook of price drops after you bought - you will just have to wait a few days possibly to see the refund to the CC used.

I’ve started taking screenshots of the per day price when booking and saving in my folder for each cruise (where I add my booking invoices, eDocs, luggage tags, etc) to stay semi-organized and know for sure if it was a price drop. 

9 minutes ago, Cruisegirl138 said:

I can get bottled water too at anytime?

Yep, at any bar or place that has it. With the deluxe package you can grab two bottles at a time. I always grabbed some at the end of the night to take to my room. And they usually have a cart near the gangway in the morning for you to grab a bottle or two on your way into port if you have a package. 

1 minute ago, JK805 said:

Yep, at any bar or place that has it. With the deluxe package you can grab two bottles at a time. I always grabbed some at the end of the night to take to my room. And they usually have a cart near the gangway in the morning for you to grab a bottle or two on your way into port if you have a package. 

Oh this is such great stuff you’re telling me. I so appreciate it.  

30 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Thank you.  

8 minutes ago, Cruisegirl138 said:

Yes it seems a lot but they tack on 18% gratuity to all the a la carte drinks you order as well so end up paying in the long.  

Lets assume 3 cocktails at $12 in the evening, 2 glasses of wine with dinner, 3 beers with lunch and through the afternoon and a Latte and an OJ at breakfast.  Throw 3 waters in to that and the total is $96. You are well ahead of the a la carte pricing with the a la carte pricing they'll tack on $17+ in gratuities.  

16 minutes ago, Cruisegirl138 said:

Cause I’m just not a roll out of bed and start throwing back shots type of person lol.

You don't need to be, any moderate drinker can easily exceed the cost of the package.

Edited by Tree_skier

Just now, Tree_skier said:

Yes it seems a lot but they tack on 18% gratuity to all the a la carte drinks you order as well so end up paying in the long.  

Lets assume 3 cocktails at $12 in the evening, 2 glasses of wine with dinner, 3 beers with lunch and through the afternoon and a Latte and an OJ at breakfast.  Throw 3 waters in to that and the total is $96. You are well ahead of the a la carte pricing with the a la carte pricing they'll tack on $17+ in gratuities.  

Yes!  I’m going to have to prepare my liver to make it worthwhile lol.  😂😂

• Haha 1