Shorts in the dinning room

5 hours ago, timfan27 said:

Not to prolong this discussion, but can we wear nice shorts in the specialty restaurants as well? I am referring to golf shorts and polo shirts.

Thanks

Yes I have seen them in 150 Central Park.

I noticed the looks the staff gave a few customers.

I suppose once seated, it is a good idea to have a nice top on if one is to wear shorts to dinner.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Never saw this. What ship and date?

Do bathrobes count as PJ's and can I substitute a restaurant for the MDR? If so, then:

Adventure of the Seas, May 2022

Restaurant was Izumi on formal night.

Man dressed in the white bath robe from his stateroom and slippers. He had a ball cap he bought from the onboard shop and big aviator sunglasses. He seemed to be enjoying his Sushi and attention he was getting. He was not denied service and was quite popular with other guests and even the crew.

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Never saw this. What ship and date?

Teenagers wear flannel pajama bottoms all the time.

My ten-year-old grandson refuses to wear long pants. My teenage granddaughter wears her short shorts. They were not stopped in MDR, Chops, and CK.

Grownups in ripped t-shirts and shorts, on and on.

Multiple ships and multiple dates, and it's becoming more prevalent.  Except for the first night, there is rarely anyone at the MDR entrance.  509 nights we have seen it all.  Some people seem to be offended by all of this.  We believe these passengers are put on for our amusement.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

My ten-year-old grandson refuses to wear long pants. My teenage granddaughter wears her short shorts. They were not stopped in MDR, Chops, and CK.

Grownups in ripped t-shirts and shorts, on and on.

Multiple ships and multiple dates, and it's becoming more prevalent.  Except for the first night, there is rarely anyone at the MDR entrance.  509 nights we have seen it all.  Some people seem to be offended by all of this.  We believe these passengers are put on for our amusement.

So no pjs in MDR. You made that up.

Just now, fredmdcruisers said:

So no pjs in MDR. You made that up.

What don't you get?

"Teenagers wear flannel pajama bottoms all the time."

Why are you trying to trap me?  I made nothing up, you are just annoying.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

What don't you get?

"Teenagers wear flannel pajama bottoms all the time."

Why are you trying to trap me?  I made nothing up, you are just annoying.

You said... Passengers are wearing pajamas in the MDR. I do not believe that to be accurate.

Passengers are wearing pajamas in the MDR. That said, if women can wear short everything, why can't men?

1 hour ago, steveru621 said:

I agree that teens wear flannel pjs alot.  I am OK with that depending on the time/place.

As far as my ten-year old refusing to wear long pants--totally not happening--he was taught from toddlerhood that he will get dressed up at times, and he looked adorable and felt good about it! Still does as an adult.

I note that I don't know the reasons for your grandson's refusal, so accept my apologies if there are  any extenuating circumstances such as stimulation/neurological problems.

Teddoe

• Like 2

1 minute ago, teddie said:

I agree that teens wear flannel pjs alot.  I am OK with that depending on the time/place.

As far as my ten-year old refusing to wear long pants--totally not happening--he was taught from toddlerhood that he will get dressed up at times, and he looked adorable and felt good about it! Still does as an adult.

I note that I don't know the reasons for your grandson's refusal, so accept my apologies if there are  any extenuating circumstances such as stimulation/neurological problems.

Teddoe

Nothing more than peer pressure for my grandson!  I think it's funny, he wears knee socks.

haha

11 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

You said... Passengers are wearing pajamas in the MDR. I do not believe that to be accurate.

Passengers are wearing pajamas in the MDR. That said, if women can wear short everything, why can't men?

So two other posts don't convince you?  Have a great day!

On 6/9/2023 at 12:00 PM, Tatka said:

Well, Royal doesn’t stop people, yes. Royalьс's approach is pretty much non-confrontational. So at times you see people like that. It’s a formal night in MDR btw. But I’d rather call it an exception. 
Shorts especially during Formal/Dress your best nights are too. 

IMG_9628.jpeg

Maybe those are the best clothes they own? They might be traveling the world with a backpack. Or had their luggage lost en route.

Or not taught “how to dress” under common perceptions while they were young, or had bad role models. Or maybe they are just non-conforming, “I don’t give a whiff” young people (like 60s hippies?).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2