"New" to Princess - a few questions

TopofWorld

58 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Day 7 is your last full day on the ship.  Day: 1 is 3/4 of a day (embarkation).  Day 8 is disembarkation.  For example, using a Saturday to Saturday itinerary:

Day 1 /Night 1 (Saturday): embarkation.  Bars open at boarding time (11 am).

Day 2/Night 2 (Sunday):  full day

Day 3/Night 3: (Monday): full day

Day 4/Night 4: (Tuesday): full day

Day 5/Night 5: Wednesday: full day

Day 6/Night 6: Thursday: full day

Day 7/Night 7: Friday: full day

Day 8:  Saturday: disembarkation.  You still may be able to get a drink right before disembarkation (have never tried) but the beverage package's 15 alcoholic drink limit is calculated on a 6 am to 6 am schedule.

Woops, you're correct, but you still get cheated on a day that you have to pay for and get very little for your money.

3 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Woops, you're correct, but you still get cheated on a day that you have to pay for and get very little for your money.

which day is that? unless you wait to join the ship at 3 for a 4 pm departure?

we get our money's worth on day 1 - now day "8" of a 7 day cruise - maybe not so much - a couple of roadies ...  day 8 breakfast makes up for missing day 1 breakfast.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

If you board at noon and disembark at 9:00 AM, Princess "cheats" you out a total of three hours.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

You are incorrect there.  Although many folks talk about cruises in days, you are paying for 7 nights, 10 nights, 14 nights, etc.  Some travel types might advertise it as a 8-day voyage since a guest is on the ship on 8 calendar days.

With Princess you can almost make it 8 x 24 hrs if you can board at 11am and stay on until 9:30am on departure day. 

Think of any cruise booking in nights as that is what it really is.  Same as a resort or hotel booking - you pay for each night - not each day.

1 hour ago, Jersey42 said:

If you board at noon and disembark at 9:00 AM, Princess "cheats" you out a total of three hours.  

There is no cheat at all unless one is expecting an 8-day voyage or an 11-day voyage when booking 7 or 10.

18 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

With Princess you can almost make it 8 x 24 hrs if you can board at 11am and stay on until 9:30am on departure day.

Not quite.  In your example it is almost 7 x 24 hrs.  It is actually 7 x24 less 1.5 hours.  6 full days plus two partial days (embarkation day from 11 AM to midnight and debarkation day from midnight to 9:30 AM.  I wish Princess could come up with a way to create an extra 24 hours each week 😁

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

32 minutes ago, Jersey42 said:

Not quite.  In your example it is almost 7 x 24 hrs.  It is actually 7 x24 less 1.5 hours.  6 full days plus two partial days (embarkation day from 11 AM to midnight and debarkation day from midnight to 9:30 AM.  I wish Princess could come up with a way to create an extra 24 hours each week 😁

Oops.  You are right there of course.  Anyway, we aren't losing anything really as what we really are getting is X number of nights on the ships.

3 hours ago, Jersey42 said:

I guess I'll just have to stay awake to get full advantage of the package, that is if I buy it next cruise.🙄

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

We’re on the ship by about 11:00 am so we miss breakfast, but that’s it.  Still lots of time to enjoy our first day.  We certainly don’t feel cheated.

16 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Don't forget on day 7 you're leaving the ship and hardly have a chance to use your drink package. 

No, you're leaving the ship on the morning of day 8.  You can start drinking on day one as soon as you get on before noon if you can.  Embarkation morning is usually good for an espresso, not bloody Marys, but I'm sure some do indulge in them on the last morning.

11 hours ago, Jersey42 said:

I wish Princess could come up with a way to create an extra 24 hours each week 

The closest would be on a west bound transatlantic.  You pick up an hour a day multiple times giving you a longer cruise than it's corresponding east bound TA.

7 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

We’re on the ship by about 11:00 am so we miss breakfast, but that’s it.  Still lots of time to enjoy our first day.  We certainly don’t feel cheated.

And the missed breakfast is achieved by enjoying it on day 8 embarkation morning. 😉

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

You get the 7th breakfast on the last morning prior to disembark - unless guest choses to bypass it.

Yes!  Although that last morning I’m usually too sad to eat! lol.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/11/2023 at 12:45 PM, capriccio said:

As far as I know, there has never been a deal offered in the US.  Recently (maybe currently) there was a 50% off deal in the UK.  That's the only one I've ever seen.  So if you're in the UK check that out.

Can confirm we get good offers on the packages. some sailings via some travel agents are £25/ day for Princess plus. Others are £35/ day

this includes Med sailings on the new Sun Princess!

if I was booking another cruise with Princess I’d be opting for the plus package at that price

im surprised you don’t get those offers in the US. However in the UK we don’t have access to the upgrade bidding system. I’m not sure why 😞