Royal Caribbean departure transfer bus to IAH

Lorey2007

Sailing on Harmony next year out of Galveston. Those that have purchased a departure transfer from Royal to IAH I have some questions. Does the bus stop at each airlines entrance for departures. If not we would be flying on Delta where would we be dropped and how far would we have to walk & drag out luggage to get to the airline check in and bag drop check in.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

Sailing on Harmony next year out of Galveston. Those that have purchased a departure transfer from Royal to IAH I have some questions. Does the bus stop at each airlines entrance for departures. If not we would be flying on Delta where would we be dropped and how far would we have to walk & drag out luggage to get to the airline check in and bag drop check in.  

IAH is a huge airport. There are 5 terminals. Let's hope they stop at each airline. This is one of the reasons to use HOU (Hobby) if at all possible. HOU is also at least 30 minutes closer to Galveston.

Edited by Texas Tillie

15 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

IAH is a huge airport. There are 5 terminals. Let's hope they stop at each airline. This is one of the reasons to use HOU (Hobby) if at all possible. HOU is also at least 30 minutes closer to Galveston.

That's the reason I am asking for some 1st hand knowledge. Several years ago we had bad experiences with cruise line drop offs. Once after an excursion with airline drop off all the luggage was taken on a separate truck and dropped in one spot outside with no supervision.  We had one heck of a time getting someone to help get us to another terminal with all our luggage. Another time we were dropped at some side door and they said "this is it".  I had to walk a long way to get a luggage cart and then try to figure out where our check in was. We are at an age now that we need to get it figured out before hand & I usually get a wheelchair for DH to get to the gate.  Delta doesn't fly nonstop to Hobby.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

Delta doesn't fly nonstop to Hobby.  

Do you "have " to fly Delta? Seems like everything would be much easier if you'd just fly Southwest to Hobby. Sorry, I can't help you with Royal Caribbean transfers.

9 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Do you "have " to fly Delta? Seems like everything would be much easier if you'd just fly Southwest to Hobby. Sorry, I can't help you with Royal Caribbean transfers.

SW would be nice. I've checked several times and I would have to drive two hours to reach an airport with SW.

Try Island Breeze.  I'm investigating them as I have a sail scheduled on December 3.  My flight leaves at 12PM and from all indications shuttles won't do me any good.  Looked at Galveston Express, but the earliest pick-up is 9 and the estimated time of trip is about 1:45 to 2 hours.  May have to get a later flight.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

Please post the names of some of them.

These links may help:

https://portskipper.com/port-of-galveston/transportation/

https://www.cruzely.com/how-to-get-from-the-houston-airport-to-the-galveston-cruise-port/

FWIW, the rates I've seen for private car services are around $600-800.  

Edited by RocketMan275

I'll be following this.  Cruising on Harmony in January from Galveston. We fly United exclusively and they do not fly to Hobby. I had enough FF miles on United to get a first class round trip ticket to IAH so I'll just deal with whatever Royal's transfer is between IAH and the port. 

• 2 months later...

I have cruised out of Galveston many times and always used Royal's transfer from IAH.  They drop you at the terminal for your airline.  Speaking for United because we are going from DEN-IAH.  They drop you off at the baggage claim level and open the bottom of the bus and pull your bags off.  You just grab your bags, go in the terminal, get on an elevator and go up one floor to ticketing to check in for your flight and drop your bags.  It is very easy! 

(The cruise transfers immediately reload and take the next week's group out to Galveston for their cruise)

• 2 weeks later...