Uber, IAH to Galveston Sewall hotel and pick up at cruise port to IAH post cruise.

Lorey2007

Need all information about getting a Uber at IAH to Seawall hotel, where is the pick up ouside Delta baggage pick up area and if they are reliable. Same info needed for picking up at cruise port to IAH, where is pick up and reliabilty.  If a porter can drop you at the pick up area or is a tram is needed to take you to a remote area.

Edited by Lorey2007
  • Like 1

• Lorey2007 changed the title to Uber, IAH to Galveston Sewall hotel and pick up at cruise port to IAH post cruise.

All drivers have a waiting area away from terminals.

Once you log in to Uber, the App will tell you how long before pick up and you text driver the location number outside of terminal luggage pick up.  All pick ups are in the same locations.

In Galveston , check with hotel for transportation options.

Same with return to IAH

It is not complicated.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Galveston Cruiser said:

All drivers have a waiting area away from terminals.

Once you log in to Uber, the App will tell you how long before pick up and you text driver the location number outside of terminal luggage pick up.  All pick ups are in the same locations.

In Galveston , check with hotel for transportation options.

Same with return to IAH

It is not complicated.

Thank you we have used Uber at various airports with that type of pick up. None that have been that far from the hotel we are going to.  Now my concern is are Uber drivers willing  to take a ride that is 70 miles away. I just want to make sure they are available. I know it could vary in price $50-150.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/12/2023 at 4:03 PM, Lorey2007 said:

Thank you we have used Uber at various airports with that type of pick up. None that have been that far from the hotel we are going to.  Now my concern is are Uber drivers willing  to take a ride that is 70 miles away. I just want to make sure they are available. I know it could vary in price $50-150.

Have you done this yet?  Can you report back. How much one way ship to IAH?

On 6/12/2023 at 3:03 PM, Lorey2007 said:

There have been some reports that availability is spotty.  Particularly of rides going from Galveston to the airports because of the limited number of drivers in Galveston.   Some reports of drivers accepting and then cancelling requests.  Perhaps if your connections are tight you might wish to investigate other options.

I live in Galveston and the most I have waited is 20 minutes for an Uber to the airport. The drivers have the port schedule and come from Houston and as far as Beaumont to work the ships.  While I typically fly out of Hobby, never had an issue getting a ride to Intercontinental.  The “Houston” drivers typically take the airport runs whilst the “Galveston” drivers take the Island hotels

We flew United and too an Uber to our Galveston hotel from IAH (used a private transport to return to the airport after the cruise). We came in very late at night, delayed first due to weather and then a medical emergency on our flight. The Uber line for United arrivals was inside the parking garage - it was a bit of a hike, but well labelled with signs and arrows. It cost around $150 with tip. I'm not sure if we had surge pricing due to the late time, but the drive was very smooth with no traffic whatsoever on a Saturday night.