Half Moon Cay Cabanas... they don't go on sale, correct?

snowlight

Regarding a Zaandam tender in HMC 1000-1700h in January.

Cabana (not villa) is $700 USD. 

I guess I'll cough up the $$$ if I need to (and I suppose HAL knows this... hence the cost), but holy moly after exchange that's ~$950 CAD. Butler service would be an additional $270 USD.

Just wondering if they go on sale or come down in price if I wait? Or if I'd better pounce on them while they're still available since it sounds like they typically sell out. I am assuming the latter...

8 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Not that I have ever encountered. And we have booked 10 of them.

Thanks Bruce. I guess it's time to say YOLO 😁.

Since you've rented them previously, do you happen to know if, with the butler service, they will drive you out to to the cabanas that are further away (like #9-15 range)? The tram looks like it only goes as far as #5.

We have someone in our group who will be using their walker. It seems like once you're at the cabana between the butler and the restrooms they'd be good to settle in. They will be ok with the steps into the cabana.

It's just getting *to* the cabana I'm concerned about.

8 minutes ago, snowlight said:

do you happen to know if, with the butler service, they will drive you out to to the cabanas that are further away

My group had a cabana my first time at HMC, and it was well down the beach. I have some mobility problems, and was given a ride, both ways, on that visit. 

When my group had the Oasis on my second visit, many of us got a ride out and back. 

Third visit had a cabana near the start, so I was able to walk that far, IIRC. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RuthC said:

My group had a cabana my first time at HMC, and it was well down the beach. I have some mobility problems, and was given a ride, both ways, on that visit. 

When my group had the Oasis on my second visit, many of us got a ride out and back. 

Third visit had a cabana near the start, so I was able to walk that far, IIRC. 

Thanks Ruth - From an accessibility perspective did you have a preference for location? I wonder if the crowding near the start might present its own challenges?

48 minutes ago, snowlight said:

Thanks Bruce. I guess it's time to say YOLO 😁.

Since you've rented them previously, do you happen to know if, with the butler service, they will drive you out to to the cabanas that are further away (like #9-15 range)? The tram looks like it only goes as far as #5.

We have someone in our group who will be using their walker. It seems like once you're at the cabana between the butler and the restrooms they'd be good to settle in. They will be ok with the steps into the cabana.

It's just getting *to* the cabana I'm concerned about.

They have a couple of different transport options. Talk to your butler...they will get you there.

The cabana rental price just jumped from 499 to 699, along with the increase in butler service. Ridiculous! It was worth it previously, but for 699 I’d rather stay on board. You can get butler service at any of the cabanas. Unless you book the accessible cabana, you will have to traverse sand which may not be easy with a walker. Pick one close to the restroom, which is still not an easy walk or make friends with folks in a villa and see if they’ll be willing to let your mobility challenged person use their restroom. 

16 minutes ago, Cuttersmom said:

The cabana rental price just jumped from 499 to 699, along with the increase in butler service. Ridiculous! It was worth it previously, but for 699 I’d rather stay on board. You can get butler service at any of the cabanas. Unless you book the accessible cabana, you will have to traverse sand which may not be easy with a walker. Pick one close to the restroom, which is still not an easy walk or make friends with folks in a villa and see if they’ll be willing to let your mobility challenged person use their restroom. 

Hmm then accessible cabana is currently still available. I just don’t know if it’s ethical to book it for a 4 wheel walker (not wheel chair). The person does find stairs quite difficult but not impossible. You’re right that the sand will be a challenge 

I’m also mobility challenged so I know how awful the sand can be. The tram does run all the way around. But it’s an uneven, sandy walk downhill from the road to the back of the cabana (at least to 6, 7 & 8 which are the ones we’ve always booked). You may be able to find someone with a golf cart able to get your person to the service path that is directly behind the cabanas. Then it’s another downhill walk in the sand to the stairs of the cabana. If you don’t feel you want to book the accessible cabana, another option is they do have beach wheelchairs with the big tires. Book #2 or #3 and use the wheelchair to get your person there. Best option would be find 12 people willing to split the cost of the Oasis and book that!! Works out cheaper and it makes for an amazing day!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, snowlight said:

Thanks Ruth - From an accessibility perspective did you have a preference for location? I wonder if the crowding near the start might present its own challenges?

The first time was a 'take what you can get' situation, so we did. I had a very hard time getting down the little hill from the road to the entrance to the cabana. And a worse time getting back up. Had there not been several strong people to help me, I don't know how I would have gotten back to the transportation.
The Oasis, of course, is more like booking the Pinnacle Suite on the ship, so you are treated like royalty. 
The third time my mobility had decreased, so a cabana closer to the entrance was better. 

As noted by others, there is an accessible cabana, with an level entrance from the roadside.

• Like 2

@snowlight the golf cart drivers are more than happy to take you wherever you need to go. They communicate well among each other via walkie,walk flag down any one you see; if they're "on a mission" and not able to help you, they'll call someone for you.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1