Guarantee cabin

31 minutes ago, lovetocruise/diamond said:

I know that when you pick a gty cabin you get your assignment anytime, usually closer to the sail date. But does anyone actually know how it works?  Does RCI hold back certain cabins or are they cabins that are listed to pick from but don’t get booked?  TIA

Hard to figure their rhyme or reason.  My son son and I booked two gty cabins on Navigator at the same time and with the same TA.  We booked about 9 months before cruise date.  He was assigned a cabin within a week, we received our cabin assignment a few days after final payment. We were given different decks and were at opposite ends of the ship. The day we received our cabin number we called the TA and were able to change cabins and ended up same deck 10 cabins apart. 

• Like 1

We booked a cruise on Anthem of the Seas in a GTY balcony cabin , 39 days before  sail date.
Complete  check in the same night and  muster station and deck number are on set sail paper work, but no cabin number
Translated the bar code on the set sail and the cabin number was issued  within a day of booking  but still reading  GTY  on paper work.

Point Blur_Jun122023_175529.jpg

Sorry to piggyback on this topic, but didn't want to overload the forum with lots of posts about GTY cabins.

We have just booked through a TA for Anthem next Summer out of Southamton. My TA invoice states 3M cabin (Spacious Ocean View) GTY cabin as booked. I did notice that these rooms (Spacious OV GTY) were available direct with RCI albeit more expensive.

However, on my cruise planner it just states GTY, but also if I go to the look up my reservation section of the RCI website is states "Oceanview guarantee" with no reference to Spacious or the category of cabin we booked.

Spacious guarantee is also no longer available for the sailing on the RCI website. Should I be worried that although the TA invoice states 3M and Spacious, that RCI is only showing Oceanview guarantee?

3 minutes ago, pl6pilgrim said:

Sorry to piggyback on this topic, but didn't want to overload the forum with lots of posts about GTY cabins.

We have just booked through a TA for Anthem next Summer out of Southamton. My TA invoice states 3M cabin (Spacious Ocean View) GTY cabin as booked. I did notice that these rooms (Spacious OV GTY) were available direct with RCI albeit more expensive.

However, on my cruise planner it just states GTY, but also if I go to the look up my reservation section of the RCI website is states "Oceanview guarantee" with no reference to Spacious or the category of cabin we booked.

Spacious guarantee is also no longer available for the sailing on the RCI website. Should I be worried that although the TA invoice states 3M and Spacious, that RCI is only showing Oceanview guarantee?

No.  Quite common for Royal to change what guarantees they are offering.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

We recently booked last minute, 30 days out on Liberty, inside GTY was only inside available.  We checked in immediately, but the paperwork only said GTY. About 10 days before we sailed we were assigned 6589, overlooking the promenade.  Will do that again.

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No.  Quite common for Royal to change what guarantees they are offering.

Ok thanks. Just a little concerned by the "look up reservation" only showing an Oceanview guarantee and not a spacious one really.  Happy to book a GTY cabin as long as its what I've booked, and never gone through a TA before, usually book direct.

2 minutes ago, mugtech said:

We recently booked last minute, 30 days out on Liberty, inside GTY was only inside available.  We checked in immediately, but the paperwork only said GTY. About 10 days before we sailed we were assigned 6589, overlooking the promenade.  Will do that again.

Bar Code Trick for future reference (and anyone unaware)...

Method 1. If you have an Apple device, add your set sail pass to your Apple wallet. Numbers will now appear under your bar code. The numbers after the dash represent your cabin.

Method 2. Scan the bar code with a QR scanner from another device and that should also show you the numbers.

NOTE: If you see "GTY" instead of numbers, you truly haven't been assigned yet. One tip off is that if you don't see a muster station on your set sail pass then you almost definitely don't have an assignment yet.

• Like 1